• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

I fear I am a complete f*cking cliché

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunButDontHide

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
As stated, and I feel that most can relate... As the username suggests, I have tried running from this, and as we all know too well, it comes back. I went 1 year without even thinking about the word diaper, but it always overflows. Maybe I can have overflow designated time every year to blow off the accumulated steam. I know most will tell me and I agree, it's not hurting anyone (except for my psyche maybe?), but still, I wanted something else entirely from my life. Anywaaay...

I have had 2 other accounts here but I always forgot the password and email as well (I use specific emails for accounts here, google knows enough about me as it is) :cool:

I love music, especially old music, and no, I'm not a pretentious hipster, (I hope :biggrin:) I just identify with the aesthetic of certain long dead styles of music. I also love movies, good movies that is, and weed is also a faithfull companion while listening to music or watching movies (I know it was against forum rules to speak of illegal drugs some years ago, but cannabis has been becoming increasingly more accepted throughout the world, so if I am in the wrong feel free to correct me...) Also, the main reason I got bored of this forum was because of the childish mindset of OHMYGOD DIAPERS EVERYTHING ABOUT DIAPERS I'M GONNA ASK THAT QUESTION ABOUT DIAPERS THAT'S BEEN ASKED 1000000000 TIMES ALREADY BECAUSE THIS IS A DIAPER FORUM!!!! Yeaaahhh... That one's all on me, sorry folks :wallbash::wallbash: I'll try to steer clear of that :cool: Anyway, hi everyone (Hi Dr. Nick), nice remeeting y'all for the 3d time... I'm not sure I'll always be super active, on account of the whole overflow period thing, I guess, but since I'm working on having overflow periods and not binging and purging, I guess I'll try not to let the account die out either...

Hi and I guess this is welcome back. Good introduction, by the way. So what kind of music do you like? I ask because I'm a professional musician and I listen to a lot of different genres of music, from classic to pop, rock, jazz, blues, etc. I also used to play keyboard for a very good wedding/country club cover/dance rock band. It put my kids through college.

dogboy said:
Hi and I guess this is welcome back. Good introduction, by the way. So what kind of music do you like? I ask because I'm a professional musician and I listen to a lot of different genres of music, from classic to pop, rock, jazz, blues, etc. I also used to play keyboard for a very good wedding/country club cover/dance rock band. It put my kids through college.

I have yet to meet an uninteresting musician, so I have to say that's pretty damn cool. Nice to meet you, and thanks. I like funk a lot, blues, though only when the mood strikes me, soul, some classical rock, jazz (different subgenres), gospel, ska, among others. What sort of music do you play?

RunButDontHide said:
I know most will tell me and I agree, it's not hurting anyone (except for my psyche maybe?), but still, I wanted something else entirely from my life.

What did you want from your life?

I applaud you on seeking a balance rather than the curse of abstinence/indulgence. I disagree that funk, rock, and blues are long dead styles of music. I'm going to see an up and coming blues/rock band tomorrow night. There was a huge resurgence of funk/disco in the late 00s that is still going on. You might not hear it on the radio, but there is great music coming out all the time in those genres. I can't speak to the jazz. I've never been to jazzy.

Super reintroduction, and I hope to see you around as often as you feel comfortable.

Andustar said:
What did you want from your life?

I applaud you on seeking a balance rather than the curse of abstinence/indulgence. I disagree that funk, rock, and blues are long dead styles of music. I'm going to see an up and coming blues/rock band tomorrow night. There was a huge resurgence of funk/disco in the late 00s that is still going on. You might not hear it on the radio, but there is great music coming out all the time in those genres. I can't speak to the jazz. I've never been to jazzy.

Super reintroduction, and I hope to see you around as often as you feel comfortable.

Thanks, man. I guess what I'm saying is that I grew up with that idea in my head that I'd be that manly, muscly, completely masculine adventurous wonder-man, which I think I have strived for as an over compensation of liking diapers. And I have wound up pretty close to what I wanted to be as a man when I was young, except for the fact that I like diapers, and haven't ever been able to come to terms with that. And honest to god I don't think I ever will, but I can't speak for the future me. If I could make it stop, I would, but that's obviously not an option, so I have to make due with what cards I have been given, though I deal with it in some harmful ways. And thanks, I've always liked writing :cool:. BTW, I wasn't saying that the music styles themselves are dead, that was just an over simplification on my part, but I listen to some old school artists. I like parliament and zapp and roger, at the moment they're what comes to my mind, and blues I dig screamin jay hawkins, howlin wolf, and some others, though my knowledge of blues is more superficial. Thank you for the support :biggrin: Oh, and if you ever feel like trying jazz, there are more rhythmic approaches, that I like a lot better than that lounge type of music, like hard bop, and other unfathomable names of sub genres that have very interesting jazz. I wasn't much into jazz either until I discovered that there was actually interesting, not depressive styles of it.

RunButDontHide said:
I have yet to meet an uninteresting musician, so I have to say that's pretty damn cool. Nice to meet you, and thanks. I like funk a lot, blues, though only when the mood strikes me, soul, some classical rock, jazz (different subgenres), gospel, ska, among others. What sort of music do you play?

I have my degree in organ performance from Westminster Choir College, Princeton, so I play a lot of classical organ and piano. I used to be the keyboardist for a very good wedding/country club band. We played a lot of dance music and some of that did include funk. Love "Very Superstitious". I also play in our church praise band so I play and sing a lot of contemporary Christian music. There's some nice stuff out there.

I bet playing at weddings, you end up with some funny stories to tell

RunButDontHide said:
I guess what I'm saying is that I grew up with that idea in my head that I'd be that manly, muscly, completely masculine adventurous wonder-man, which I think I have strived for as an over compensation of liking diapers.

This is me, too. Being in the south, there are certain definitions of masculinity that have never applied to me, and its something i still deal with which results in various forms of isolation. So, my hope was always to just become a mountain man somewhere, but even then i would still like diapers.

RunButDontHide said:
I bet playing at weddings, you end up with some funny stories to tell

The funniest wedding story I have is a wedding we played at Sweetbriar College. There was a really big fountain with a circular pool at the entrance to the hall. Yup, after the wedding, the entire wedding party (except the bride) was in the pool, gowns, tuxes and all!

Hey Run,

Welcome back. I have had the same "I really wish I could stop this and be normal" feeling (hence my username!). I also work in a really manly profession (cutting down trees), and I've also had the binge-purge cycle lots of times.

It was only after I told my mum (who bless her soul reminded me that when I was 7 I made a cloth diaper for myself), and she then said "Well, you might wear them for the rest of your life...." that I realised that this was a bigger deal than I had allowed myself to believe. I had never thought of that possibility, and she inadvertently gave me permission to accept it all a bit more. I still hate a part of myself, and I still struggle when I look at my small diaper stash - should I even put one on, or not?

Anyway, kudos dude, for opening up again, I hope you find another kernel of acceptance, I hope you find it easier to be with yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back