Not open for further replies.

PufftheButt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Hello~

I was wondering if any of you have attended Disney World in recent years or any other big amusement park? I know there is some threads on the topic but I think they are a little dated. While I'm asking 1000000000 questions, maybe we can start this thread to offer advice to any other Disneygeek little/cg.

First of all, I understand Disney has a service where you pay a fee and parcels can be held in your name before you even come to the hotel? Has anyone used this for diapers? I will be flying to America and ideally would order diapers before I go to be there ready.

Any advice and tips of wearing diapers in the hot Florida sun? I get super hot quickly and afraid of taking more bulky ABDL diapers. I'm not big in humiliation so wearing heat friendly clothes such as shorts could be a issue, any thought?

Changing in the parks? I saw in old threads you can go to to the first aid rooms and ask to use a room with a adult size changing table. Would it be okay to go with someone or would you be expected to go alone? Are there many first aids around and clearly signed? Is it possible to be changed in a disabled toilet? If you attend Disney World, how do you change?

I understand to enter the parks you have to go past security, while I know they are not interested in diapers, I was wondering if anyone has dealt with security with clearly ABDL patterned diapers? Maybe I'm just being paranoid :p

Has anyone ever went to a more kid's friendly event at Disney World? Me and my partner really want to see some shows intended for little ones and know will be pack with parents. Would we really stick out or should be fine to sit at the back?

Anyone got any general tips and tricks or positive/bad experiences relating to ABDL at Disney World they would like to share? :)

Reactions: binkietoddler
They really don't care what prints are on your diapers. Don't be afraid to wear weather appropriate clothes. A skirt would be fine, though, I'd personally wear shorts underneath. Alright, now, prepare not to like me.:lol: My family and I are in a unique situation that makes me the queen of all butt pains when talking about disabled toilets. My sister is completely IC, and can neither change herself, nor transfer to and from her wheelchair, so, mom has to go with her to the ones with changing tables. I'm mildly IC, so, when I need a bathroom, I need it quickly. I can at least get in and out of my chair on my own, but I need those rails in that disabled toilet. My stepdad walks, but, he limps, and, his body means business when it has to go. He may need a rail, on a very bad day, but otherwise, uses a non-disabled toilet. We all have the same disability, to varying degrees, except mom, who's disabled herself, by taking care of us, and won't use a disabled toilet.

Now, before mom got me, she went to WDW with my sister, and let's just say, if she'd spotted you using any kind of disabled toilet, and you weren't disabled, she'd volunteer to disable you in a manner necessitating the use of a disabled toilet. Well, no, but, she'd want to pretty badly.:lol:

If you're IC, or disabled another way, fine. If you're not, and there's any possible way you can stand up in a regular stall to change, please do.

I'd wear a Play Dayz, or a Preschool, if heat is a worry.

I personally would feel icky about going to things for preschoolers, because, Y'know. . . BioKids, parents, meh, besides maybe Pooh, because, so many women love Pooh and the gang.

Last edited:
I think you would be fine, as long as you dont behave very weirdly in the park (it would have to be pretty bad behaviour, otherwise I dont think they just throw people out of the park given you paid to get in and have a fun time), I know a lot of us are worried about going out, particularly into areas that have a lot of people; but generally speaking the vast majority dont care, least of all security that has to check your bags, they just want to make sure you aren't bringing prohibited items, and they cant prohibit diapers given a lot of people have legitimate medical need for them, it would kind of be like prohibiting a cane or wheelchair and that would also go for how your diapers look, they wouldn't care what a cane looks like so why would they care what your diapers look like; they serve a function first and foremost and the look is secondary to that.

Any hotel you are staying with (Disney or otherwise) will almost certainly accept parcels. Mark them HOLD FOR ARRIVAL [INSERT DATE] if you have them shipped ahead of your arrival. There's not usually a charge for this. I've had all kinds of stuff shipped to hotels this way.

If you can change in a normal bathroom (handicapped stall or not) you're golden. THere are quite a few "companion"li bathrooms throughout the park/epcot/etc... There's a Disney "disabled services" map that will show the locations of these for you.

As far as clothes, Disney does not permit (except for certain special events like some of their Halloween things) adults to wear anything that looks like a costume.

Disney World has made strides in handicapped friendly bathrooms in just the past decade alone. As a Florida resident I've been there enough times to see the differences. While they are still far and few in between, there are plenty of handicapped family restrooms and even big stalls. As for adult changing tables, you will need to map them out first. Depending one ones own mobility, it you can change in a family room or may need assistance. Check with Disney first though to "map" them all out.

As with almost any hotel, yes they do charge for handling any package for you, but they will (for a price). Another option to consider is bringing your own diapers in a "medical supplies bag". You can check one bag full of diapers for free on any international airline, though you will have to lug it around.

As for security, they really and truly do-not-care. I've taken a few diapers in a backpack and through Disney security a number of times and was..... waived right through without a word. So yeah, you kind of are being paranoid. Again, map out the show times (and diaper changing locations) helps a LOT, so you can be there at the right time and place. Most all shows are a just simple sit down and wait kind of theater, so no problems there as long as you are on time. And all ages/types show up for them, so go and have fun regardless of age or "disabilty".

Yes heat will be a consideration for you. Florida is not only hotter than you realize, but also VERY humid, so sweat tends to build up when you're not used to it. Baby powder and drinking water are your friends here, so make sure to use/drink plenty, as is changing a little early to keep comfortable (remember to bring DOUBLE the diapers you normally use). Finally, I'm pretty sure forgetting about age or disabilities is a legal requirement at Disney so make sure you don't bring about a lawsuit, oh and have fun while you're at it!

ps. Brace yourself adult self for the money drain (really... like a literal double you can estimate/figure). It's actually and truly is worth it once or twice, but you will not be forgetting about the bills anytime soon.

willnotwill said:
If you can change in a normal bathroom (handicapped stall or not) you're golden.

As far as clothes, Disney does not permit (except for certain special events like some of their Halloween things) adults to wear anything that looks like a costume.
Yeah, golden, and someone who actually needed the rail in that disabled stall, might give the floor a golden shower, because someone who didn't need that rail, was in that stall. This is me begging. If you're not disabled, don't do it. Have you any clue how many times I've almost wet myself, because some ablebodied Belongs In The Crazy House, was in the disabled stall?! Last one was a real Belongs In The Crazy House! Her excuse? She was trying to train a toddler! Neither I, nor my mom, especially, cared, considering my bladder hurt bad enough I was posturing, and about to cry!

I've never been to WDW in recent years, but I have been to DLand several times, most recently in April. They do search bags and backpacks but they are looking for weapons, drugs, selfie sticks and anything else that might cause harm or disruption. After the initial search, you go through a metal detector. I'm ic so I had a few pads in my backpack and nothing was said.

As for bathrooms, some are small and you have to wait. Others have no waiting but as mentioned above, kids just can't find the toilet and the floors were often wet and/or sticky. I did not use a hc or other special bathroom.

I've been to WDW, but it was before my incident where I had to start using diapers. So I don't know all about that, but I DO know that the staff who work there are super-nice much of the time and if you needed to know directions to any kind of restroom they would be sure to give them to you.

If you could get thrown out of WDW for being an 'adult' and getting worked up and excited, I think they'd have tossed my fifteen year old butt when I saw Mickey Mouse and started hopping up and down in the line. :laugh:

Honestly, I think I was more excited than the little kids were at times. "Is he here yet? I can't believe I get to meet The Mouse! OMG. MICKEEEEEEEEEEY. I luffs him." They're not so much concerned with people of any age being excited, or even going to sit in on 'kiddy' shows as adults, it's if you start acting out. Like being creepy or trying to get into things you aren't supposed to. Then they'll bounce you so you don't make other people's possibly once-in-a-lifetime visit a terrible experience.

I remember clearly one guy having a massive bitch-fit because he wanted alcohol and he wanted it NOW. The cast member he was ranting at calmly said "I'm sorry, sir, there are no alcoholic beverages inside of the Magic Kingdom. If you are planning a trip to Epcot, you can purchase and consume alcoholic beverages at the Biergarten restaurant in the German area." And he kept up a bit until he noticed a couple of other cast members heading his way, then he tucked tail and scooted along. :p

I really want to go back at some point. Maybe I'll start saving and see if I can plot a trip next year. :3 I always wanted to stop and see the shows and stuff and my dad would say "I ain't sittin' there watching that. Let's go on the rides and get done." (Which isn't as bad as it sounds, honestly, he just doesn't like musicals. LOL The only one he'll watch is Grease and that's only 'cause he likes Olivia Newton-John. LOL)

I kind of feel like if you have a 'geek out' moment or two, the staff there is used to it from people. :3

But I would try to leave the disabled toilets for the people who are actually disabled. I do stand-up changes most of the time and I -can- do it in a smaller stall, but if there's like, literally no one around, I will use the larger one just because I'd have room to move around easier. Sorry, I'm not performing strange gymnastics just to leave it open on the off-chance another more disabled person appears. ;) (That being said, if I clearly see someone in the area heading that way who might need the spot more than me, I'll leave it or just wait to change until later.)

My favorite bathrooms are the unisex bathrooms that are just one room. (Sometimes called "Family" bathrooms.) Then I don't have to deal with other people at all and can toss my wet padding without having to dodge a bunch of judgemental teenage girls. LOL

CuddleWoozle said:
I always wanted to stop and see the shows and stuff and my dad would say "I ain't sittin' there watching that. Let's go on the rides and get done."

Those shows are the best, since they're air conditioned.

CuddleWoozle said:
I've been to WDW, but it was before my incident where I had to start using diapers. So I don't know all about that, but I DO know that the staff who work there are super-nice much of the time and if you needed to know directions to any kind of restroom they would be sure to give them to you.

I kind of feel like if you have a 'geek out' moment or two, the staff there is used to it from people. :3

But I would try to leave the disabled toilets for the people who are actually disabled. I do stand-up changes most of the time and I -can- do it in a smaller stall, but if there's like, literally no one around, I will use the larger one just because I'd have room to move around easier. Sorry, I'm not performing strange gymnastics just to leave it open on the off-chance another more disabled person appears. ;) (That being said, if I clearly see someone in the area heading that way who might need the spot more than me, I'll leave it or just wait to change until later.)

My favorite bathrooms are the unisex bathrooms that are just one room. (Sometimes called "Family" bathrooms.) Then I don't have to deal with other people at all and can toss my wet padding without having to dodge a bunch of judgemental teenage girls. LOL
Yeah, they're used to adults geeking out. The only reason I'd personally think twice about seeing, let's say, Doc McStuffins, is because biotots, plus, because of the wheelchair, people expect mental defect from me, and I don't feel like being condescended to by strangers, thank you. It's a personal thing.

CuddleWoozle, can I just say how much I appreciate your tact, and consideration of others? IC is a legitimate disability, and you have every right to use a disabled toilet. It's just nice to know that if you knew I was in legit gotta go pain, you'd hurry, not leave, necessarily, just get done as soon as is safely, and effectively, possible. Don't worry. No one, well, no one but jerks, thinks, "Okay, my wheelchair using butt just showed up, therefore, move along, you otherwise disabled walkie!":lol::hug: We just expect a legit need.

I don't get it. Shit your pants in public, when you can choose not to, and it's generally considered the worst breech of etiquette in all of ABDLdom, but fake a disability you don't have, so you can change the diaper you only wear because of something classified as a fetish, and that's no big deal?! I don't have a choice which restroom to use! The closest one with a rail is it. I can't take 1 unassisted step.

Oh, my gosh, right?! Aren't those family ones the best?! Mom can change my sister, and I can go potty, and she's close enough to make sure I don't fall on my cerebrally palsied butt!:lol:

I feel like I should explain something to the O.P. The reason disabled people, particularly, mobility disabled people, get so pissy about our restrooms, is because, finding more than one handicap stall per restroom, is like spotting something rarer than a unicorn. I swear, if I went somewhere, and there was more than one handicap stall per restroom, I'd be calling family to check it out, taking pictures, and wanting to spend half my vacation in there, not to mention, hugging the person who's idea it was to put more than one handicap stall in there.

Oh, and, speaking of unicorns, O.P., you may also wanna go to a Universal Studios park, for The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter! I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Oh, my God, They have Honeydukes! I would be in tears! Y'all, seriously, I won't even get a Harry Potter coloring book, because I'm afraid to color something wrongly, and disrespect the Potterverse.

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
CuddleWoozle, can I just say how much I appreciate your tact, and consideration of others? IC is a legitimate disability, and you have every right to use a disabled toilet. It's just nice to know that if you knew I was in legit gotta go pain, you'd hurry, not leave, necessarily, just get done as soon as is safely, and effectively, possible. Don't worry. No one, well, no one but jerks, thinks, "Okay, my wheelchair using butt just showed up, therefore, move along, you otherwise disabled walkie!":lol::hug: We just expect a legit need.

I also have a car with a handicap placard in it (it's for my mother and my grandmother, I actually have two separate ones) and people are like "Whaaaa? You don't use that at work to get a cushy up-front spot?" And I'm like "LOL, that's not mine. It's my mom and grandma's." :p

I admit though to using it at three in the morning at Walmart because my bone-spur was killing me and I needed to go shopping. :laugh: But at three AM I don't think a lot of other handicapped people are going to show up and be like "HEY. You! Move that car or I will bump you with the footrest of my magnificent wheeled-chair!" (Or smack me with their cane...LOL)

My grandmother did nurses aide work in various nursing home facilities for over 40 years, so yeah. I'm pretty used to going "UH OH! Mister Smith is coming and he needs a place to sit down!" And jumping up.

ALSO: I should take a photo of the women's restroom at my local mall. I think it has multiple handicapped stalls and a ton of spots to sit if you're tired. (And mirrors. Jeez, the mirrors!) It looks more like a changing room at a fancy clothing boutique than a toilet!

I agree, once you've changed a diaper on an airplane then changing in a normal stall is no big deal. I often will not use a handicapped stall for just changing either. Let the people who truly need the space have it.

I'm the same with parking too. I have a handicapped license plate, but don't park up front at my work either. I do at the mall and walmart though. After a long walk like that I'm hurting pretty bad. Getting out of my car though, most wouldn't ever be able to tell I legitimately need to park closer. I've actually been stopped by the mall cops several times because of that. Can you imagine if we had bathroom cops too...

Thanks for the reply and information everyone!

I feel like this thread derailed a little although focusing on issues that are clearly stemming from bigger and harder questions. I don't want to cause controversy so going to have my say and leave it there. While I am not physically disabiled, I do have motor issues and anxiety (dyspraxia and autism). ABDL aside, I rather bigger bathrooms and more private bathrooms to give me the space to move if on my own, avoid other people during a vulnerable time and ideally have someone I know and trust with me but not needed (just quicker and easier). Not saying I deserve special treatment more than anyone else, far from it. I might be wrong but aren't disabled and family toilets the same thing? Might be different in the states. If that is the case I use the "family" toilets, maybe this is where my comment is upsetting people? As Woozle suggests if I spot someone or a line of people who clearly need to use the bigger toilets more than me, I wouldn't go as I am a bit more flexable and can go later. But if no one is using or waiting to use them, I'm afraid I'm going to use them.

I think in The United States a Family Bathroom and Disabled Bathroom are 2 separate things; at least the way I see it they are.

I think of a Family Bathroom as being a smaller bathroom, usually with 2 toilets (1 is smaller and lower to the ground, 1 normal size and at regular height) and a changing table (usually not big enough or sturdy enough for anybody beyond large Toddler Size, I think weight limit is 30 or 40 something lbs).

A Disabled bathroom would have a larger, sturdier changing table, rails, and AFAIK usually has 1 normal size toilet.

Both I've come across do have 1 thing in common though, that latch so it can be locked and when locked it says occupied; also both are typically rather small (compared to a full size Mens or Womens bathroom), but are big for single stall bathrooms.

I've never heard of or ran across a Bathroom that was basically a full sized HC/Disabled bathroom though.

First off, please tone down the attitude. You can certainly make your case without resorting to a personal attack. I wrote a generic post targeted at general diaper wearers without regard to whether they are IC or not. Obviously my post was not limited to casual diaper wearers or I would never have suggested the companion restrooms. A normal person with full mobility can certainly change in any stall. I pointed out that if you needed the space to change there were the handicapped stalls (just about everywhere in the park) and the companion rooms (if you needed assistance, etc...).

However, I'm bothered by the tone of the whole post. Handicapped stalls are not exclusive to the handicapped. There isn't typically enough bathroom facility to give it that status. I'll have bigger issues than yours if my IBS/food allergy hits and I can't get to a sit down toilet. I'm not bypassing the only empty stall just because it's wider than the others. You can wait just like everybody else.

CuddleWoozle, I'll point out that in almost all states what you are doing is ILLEGAL. The placards are only for those who are issued them. If you need one (even temporarily) get your own.

willnotwill said:
First off, please tone down the attitude. You can certainly make your case without resorting to a personal attack. I wrote a generic post targeted at general diaper wearers without regard to whether they are IC or not. Obviously my post was not limited to casual diaper wearers or I would never have suggested the companion restrooms. A normal person with full mobility can certainly change in any stall. I pointed out that if you needed the space to change there were the handicapped stalls (just about everywhere in the park) and the companion rooms (if you needed assistance, etc...).

However, I'm bothered by the tone of the whole post. Handicapped stalls are not exclusive to the handicapped. There isn't typically enough bathroom facility to give it that status. I'll have bigger issues than yours if my IBS/food allergy hits and I can't get to a sit down toilet. I'm not bypassing the only empty stall just because it's wider than the others. You can wait just like everybody else.

CuddleWoozle, I'll point out that in almost all states what you are doing is ILLEGAL. The placards are only for those who are issued them. If you need one (even temporarily) get your own.

Willnotwill, you didn't quote me, so, I'm not quite sure, but I think I'm the one that upset you? Firstly, Nope, can't wait, that's what urge IC is. I'm afraid I'm not exactly like everyone else, either. If we were all alike, no disabilities would exist, and all restrooms could be alike. See, dear? That's why one stall in each restroom, hopefully, is big enough for mobility equipment, and has fancy rails in it. If your IBS, or food alergies acted up, guess what. You'd be experiencing, hopefully episodic and temporary, bowel IC, and, as such, would be justified in using a disabled stall. It's also hilarious that you say there aren't enough restrooms for ours to be set aside for that purpose, when usually, normies get multiple stalls to our every 1, and yet, you seem to know, "There aren't enough parking spots," isn't a good excuse for parking in a handicap spot.

Not you, CuddleWoozle. I heard bone spur, 'nough said. Maybe consider your own placard, though. Hey, you were using an umbrella as a cane? Was it a huge, pink, flowery one, like Hagrid's? Maybe your wand is in there!

Willnotwill, my bowels are involved too, so, I know what it's like to have my body actively pushing one out, and having precious little I can do about it. Thankfully, only once in public, but still. I boost my clothes down before transferring to the toilet, for speed's sake. There have been times my bowels have been actively moving mid transfer. All I can say is, "Poor toilet seat, or wheelchair seat. Oh well, at least it's only ever that once been the floor, (at least with poo) what a mess," and tell you I do understand. If I saw you, knew you needed it, and wasn't, myself, ready to burst, I'd let you go first. I'd imagine your bowel spasms are visibly painful. Mine are. Don't assume your issues are worse than mine. In all likelihood, quite a few are the same, it seems. Sorry to offend. Luckily, we have 2 different parts lists, and, as such, are highly unlikely to cross pottying paths.

To the O.P., dyspraxia can suck, but, autism isn't as sucky as neurotypicals think. In all likelihood, I'm a Spectrumite, too, but, good luck getting it diagnosed in me, considering I'm grown, female, and already have CP.:lol: Hello, kindred spirit! My Little brother is a Spetrumite, and, at first, I was a bit miffed at him for using the disabled toilets, until he asked, "Would you want me to have a meltdown from being in a tiny regular toilet?" Then, I understood. I get it. You're fine. My Little brother respects the fact that my bladder, and, occasionally, my bowels, do whatever the heck they want, and, should we ever visit the specific restroom we can both be in at once, I go first, unless he's bursting, just because I'm more likely to lose control.

Toilet terminology is a bit loose. Some family ones are also disabled ones, and others are as SleepyTyrant described. Best I've ever seen had 4 toilets, one adult toilet, a kiddie toilet, a urinal, and, off kind of by themselves, a disabled toilet, with lots of room, and, the ever important rail, and there was an adult changing table in there. It was at what used to be called Vision Land, in Alabama.

Seriously, if you're going to WDW, also visit Universal, because. . . Harry!

Last edited:
Your entire post to me was crude, insensitive, and self-centered. You made a crass comment about my wording rather than just stating your point. You called every non-incontinent diaper wearer "Belongs in the Crazy house." You called mothers with toddlers "Belongs in the Crazy House." In fact, you seem to care about nobody but yourself.

willnotwill said:
Your entire post to me was crude, insensitive, and self-centered. You made a crass comment about my wording rather than just stating your point. You called every non-incontinent diaper wearer "Belongs in the Crazy house." You called mothers with toddlers "Belongs in the Crazy House." In fact, you seem to care about nobody but yourself.

Crass wasn't my intention. Humor was. Memo to me, my Aspie butt sucks at joking, and I should warn NTs when I joke. The post you're so offended by wasn't to you. It just drew attention (the O.P.'s attention) to something you said. Honestly, I had a hard time figuring out why me bringing up a past experience, hurt you so much. I apologize. The reason I was so miffed may have well been because I misunderstood you. It seemed to me you were encouraging someone, who, as far as we knew at the time, had no issue, to do something generally considered uncouth. Now that I understand what you were meaning to say, I can see you weren't.

No, I didn't call every non IC diaper wearer that acronym. Just the ones that use disabled toilets with no disability. No, I didn't call all mothers with toddlers that acronym, just that one, and others like her, because, "He's training," is not an excuse. She could've gone somewhere else with him. Especially when she could hear me miserable. I apologize for not being more easily understood, and, again, for offending you. This has been offending me for years.

Last edited:
You don't gotta go and tell me anything. Cause yes, I'm quite aware and cognizant that it's against the law. And if I had problems like that more often than the one time that I've done it, I would get one for myself. If the bone spur doesn't knock it off, I'll probably have to. That night I had to use a long umbrella as a cane to even get from the car through the door. It was a choice I made with full knowledge that I'd get a ticket/fine and I decided that I was in such pain that I did. not. care.

Much of the time when we go out to the store it's at 3am, the parking lot is nearly empty and has extremely poor lighting anywhere away from the direct front of the door. Which is where the handicapped spots are. I'll take the fine rather than be snatched out of a dark parking area and murdered. Thanks. :p Either way, my mother is usually with me when I go, which makes using the spot perfectly legal. (Why at such an ungodly hour? I work nights. 2-3am -is- my normal time to be awake. ;D It also helps with my horrible social anxiety because there aren't so many people there.) The once I did it, we drove separate cars because she was at work, I gave a ride home to a friend from work, and Mom and I met up at the store to get stuff done and get home. Now we just both meet at home and go in the same car because I'm not giving rides to anyone.

ANYWAY. This isn't doing much good to help people who want to go to WDW.

I have been to a few other amusement parks and they usually have bigger bathrooms now. Cedar Point actually lists out where theirs are on their website. Disney doesn't, but I'd wager a guess that you could contact them and they would give you a list. I know at Cedar Point nearly all of the bathrooms have at least one handicapped stall in them, plus others that are specially designated. But I never had much fun there because the rides I wanted to go on were 'off limits' unless you had an actual child in the group. Which I feel defeats the purpose of their "Best day ever!" motto. I had like...the worst day ever. Just a lot of walking around, looking at things and not being able to do much of anything because the whole thing is about thrill rides now. XD And yes, the rides I wanted to go on are appropriately sized for adults. I've been on identical rides at other places, like, actually the same ride with a different paint job and that's the only difference. Just for some reason Cedar Point/Kings Island are weird about it.

What I would do is kind of make a 'plan' of what you wanted to do once you got there. Then you could actually plot a route on a map and be able to mark out where bathrooms are on the way if you needed.

Having diapers shipped to the hotel a few days ahead of your arrival is how we will handle our next trip to Disney World as we will be flying in instead of driving as we usually do. Bag check at the park is a non issue they see Adult diapers daily I recommend getting some large ziplock bags and puting a diaper in each bag this way it protects the diaper juring the bag serarch and can be used for disposable of the diaper later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back