Disney World Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PufftheButt, if I were you, sunscreen, as it'll be hot, and sunburn hurts, sunglasses, as it'll be bright, and if you have seizures, dimming those strobe lights is imperative, and earplugs, because it'll be loud, would be on my list of things to pack. Heck, I'm not you, and they are anyway. Also, if it were me, it'd be nice if my zip-top, "disposal and protection against tousling bags," had some color to them, to hide the prints, lest they think it's some kind of creepy costume. I doubt they'd think you were gonna dress as Baby New Year, naked, but for the paci 'round your neck, and your diaper, but hey, people can be silly.
I found a link I hope helps you. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/guests-with-disabilities/. My, how rude, insensitive, and self-centered of me, huh? Yeah, I know. I'm just horrible.:lol: Visit Pooh bear for me!:hug:

Last edited:
Well,

Being that i do have a disabled placard (2 in fact)...and beyond maybe 100yds once a day or so is about all i can do on very very level ground...

Anyhow....

Yes, any decent hotel will take packages for you before your arival, but do call them first or e-mail them and wait for their response and all should be golden.

As for wearing at Walt’s, you shouldn’t have any issues, security isn’t going to ask/inquire, they’d be fired if they made any mention of ic products even colored and prints...as if you are IC that would be against the ada and i’m Sure about 100 corporate rules as well.

As for going to shows, yes! There are adults without kids at most them already...

As for warmth,that’s difficult, but keep hydrated and you’ll be fine, get indoors during the noon time if you can and get some ac.

Now, as for family/disabled bathroom usage...I need them, and my wheelchair does too...but I’ve seen ‘normal’ looking people using the bathrooms for disabled, and know that sometimes you cannot see the disability as in IC or even hard to see with some other needs as well...

I know my father needed the disabled toilets, and needed space to deal with his feeding tube and colostomy and urine bags before his death, yet he still looked “normal” and walked everywhere...hard to know he was going through massive radiation/chemo for cancer in throat, stomach and Weill his whole go tract...

I’ve had people look when i pull into a disabled parking space and say go to the local pharmacy, as it’s a small place and i can do that 15-20 yards on good days.

But, mall, ikea, parks, and even wal-mart are never a second look as i’m In a wheelchair (same me)...

So, my take is if it helps/need a larger space to change then that is fine...even if it’s not a “true’ disability I’m sure even abdl’s will appreciate not having their clothes and what not dragging in urine and shit on the floor, and others may be appreciative of the abdl’s not getting more mess around by not having the space to do the job proper.

Bigbabybret said:
Well,

Being that i do have a disabled placard (2 in fact)...and beyond maybe 100yds once a day or so is about all i can do on very very level ground...

Anyhow....

Yes, any decent hotel will take packages for you before your arival, but do call them first or e-mail them and wait for their response and all should be golden.

As for wearing at Walt’s, you shouldn’t have any issues, security isn’t going to ask/inquire, they’d be fired if they made any mention of ic products even colored and prints...as if you are IC that would be against the ada and i’m Sure about 100 corporate rules as well.

As for going to shows, yes! There are adults without kids at most them already...

As for warmth,that’s difficult, but keep hydrated and you’ll be fine, get indoors during the noon time if you can and get some ac.

Now, as for family/disabled bathroom usage...I need them, and my wheelchair does too...but I’ve seen ‘normal’ looking people using the bathrooms for disabled, and know that sometimes you cannot see the disability as in IC or even hard to see with some other needs as well...

I know my father needed the disabled toilets, and needed space to deal with his feeding tube and colostomy and urine bags before his death, yet he still looked “normal” and walked everywhere...hard to know he was going through massive radiation/chemo for cancer in throat, stomach and Weill his whole go tract...

I’ve had people look when i pull into a disabled parking space and say go to the local pharmacy, as it’s a small place and i can do that 15-20 yards on good days.

But, mall, ikea, parks, and even wal-mart are never a second look as i’m In a wheelchair (same me)...

So, my take is if it helps/need a larger space to change then that is fine...even if it’s not a “true’ disability I’m sure even abdl’s will appreciate not having their clothes and what not dragging in urine and shit on the floor, and others may be appreciative of the abdl’s not getting more mess around by not having the space to do the job proper.

Yeah, let me re-word what I was saying. Not all disabilities are visible, and I know it. I'm not an insensitive moron.

Here's the compass I'd use. Would you need the help, room, or rail, if you weren't indulging in ABDL? Yes? Fine. No? Not cool, not technically illegal, but, not cool. I understand that the O.P. would benefit from extra space, because of autism, no matter what. I just hope she's tactful, and not taking unnecessary advantage regarding a companion, and thus, the companion restrooms. If she'd need her companion, even without indulging in ABDL, fine, but, hopefully, she'll stand up to change, since she can, leaving the rare changing table for those who need it.

To clarify, the whole, 'colored ziplocks,' thing would help me feel better. If the O.P. doesn't mind prints being seen, I don't think she has much reason to worry, because, unless security is stupid enough to believe she'll be showing them off, like a costume, which I don't think they are, everything should be fine, and, more power to her.

Last edited:
It seems my last post a few days ago is missing so ill say it again. I've been to Disney World a number of times, always thickly diapered and always with spare diapers in a backpack. Their security will check your bag, but does not care. I haven't tried yet, but I'm not sure you'd even get a snicker at ab prints, as they are trained to not say anything unless it is clearly innapropriate (like a sex toy or whatever).

The event shows are all open to everyone. Unofficially so are their family restrooms. I'm mostly ok for standing and short distances, but have used their family rooms to change my diaper simply because of the lines. Normally I just use a regular stall though, as once you've had to change in an airplane bathroom a stall is outright spacious.

As for clothing concealment, I often wear jean shorts or slacks made with a lighter material. You will want a long lenght tee shirt as well so you can tuck it in and make sure it won't come untucked.

Also, if you don't want to pay for the hotel to hold your package you can always bring them with you. When in their own bag of medical supplies you can check that bag at airlines for free. Though you'll be lugging around another bag so it's a trade off.

The Disney security is only looking for prohibited items in bags such as weapons and selfie sticks. They’re not going to care if you bring ABDL printed diapers into the park. As far as a place to change, I remember the bathrooms being kind of loud and busy. I don’t think anyone would notice or even care if they hear you changing in a regular bathroom stall. BTW, I love going to Disneyworld. I would go every year if I could afford it. As far as wearing diapers in the heat, I found that wearing a Tykables romper to keep the plastic from making contact with my skin works. It keeps me from chafing and hasn’t ever wicked the urine from my diaper.

CuddleWoozle said:
I also have a car with a handicap placard in it (it's for my mother and my grandmother, I actually have two separate ones) and people are like "Whaaaa? You don't use that at work to get a cushy up-front spot?" And I'm like "LOL, that's not mine. It's my mom and grandma's." :p

I admit though to using it at three in the morning at Walmart because my bone-spur was killing me and I needed to go shopping. :laugh: But at three AM I don't think a lot of other handicapped people are going to show up and be like "HEY. You! Move that car or I will bump you with the footrest of my magnificent wheeled-chair!" (Or smack me with their cane...LOL)

My grandmother did nurses aide work in various nursing home facilities for over 40 years, so yeah. I'm pretty used to going "UH OH! Mister Smith is coming and he needs a place to sit down!" And jumping up.

ALSO: I should take a photo of the women's restroom at my local mall. I think it has multiple handicapped stalls and a ton of spots to sit if you're tired. (And mirrors. Jeez, the mirrors!) It looks more like a changing room at a fancy clothing boutique than a toilet!

I'm very ashamed of my grandma because she has a temporary disabled placard for her car that's supposed to be used for when her disabled sister visits and drives with her. I was disgusted to be in the car with her and my mom and she (multiple times) parked in handicapped spots just because she had the placard. I protested, but neither she nor my mother cared a bit. Something I was especially insulted by was her comment that her using the disabled placard for unearned convenience was the same as my autistic butt using disabled services at the airport to get through the lines, because being in crowded, noisy spaces overwhelms me and makes me shut down or have a meltdown, but she didn't believe I actually needed the help and was just using my disability to get perks. She's not my biological grandma, she's my mom's best friend who happens to be in her sixties. I'm living with her at the moment but trying really hard to get out by October. She has so many behaviours and attitudes that make me extremely angry.

Again, I've never had a hotel charge for accepting "HOLD FOR DELIVERY" packages. If a bellman had to deliver it to the room, I'd tip him, but usually they have it right at the front desk when I inquire.

I've never had anything more than a cute smile from one female guard at a bag search. I regularly carry diapers (print and otherwise) through everything from the TSA to event security at sporting events, etc...

Wuggle said:
I'm very ashamed of my grandma because she has a temporary disabled placard for her car that's supposed to be used for when her disabled sister visits and drives with her. I was disgusted to be in the car with her and my mom and she (multiple times) parked in handicapped spots just because she had the placard. I protested, but neither she nor my mother cared a bit. Something I was especially insulted by was her comment that her using the disabled placard for unearned convenience was the same as my autistic butt using disabled services at the airport to get through the lines, because being in crowded, noisy spaces overwhelms me and makes me shut down or have a meltdown, but she didn't believe I actually needed the help and was just using my disability to get perks. She's not my biological grandma, she's my mom's best friend who happens to be in her sixties. I'm living with her at the moment but trying really hard to get out by October. She has so many behaviours and attitudes that make me extremely angry.

I can understand your view point.

I have a placard myself but it is my mom's (she no longer has a car and I take her places). I also help out a neighbor who also has a placard.

The placard stays in my car all the time so I don't forget it but I have never (and don't intend too) used it for myself.

(The one time you do something that you know is naughty/bad because you can't take the pain anymore and sheeeeeeesh. :p I didn't wanna go into details but...since I feel like I'm being made a bit of a villain here...)

I've got a stupidly high pain tolerance. I've smashed my hands under wheels at work and just growled about it and kept going, and these are full size car wheels. I've been hit full force in the face by a falling tire that weighed 25 lbs, got back up and checked for bleeding and kept going. Anything that can make me actually -cry- in pain is probably going to put someone else down on the ground in agony. That's probably the reason I don't want to ask the doctor for a placard for when my busted up hip hurts enough that I don't want to move. I'm too proud to ask, I suppose.

Remember I'm IC, right? It came partly from a major fall I had down the stairs that actually broke my pelvis (!!) and left me a bruise that went from right knee to mid-back. Sometimes it acts up and I have trouble walking. That was what happened on the day I said "A $500 fine is alright. I'll pay it. I gotta get food, but I can't walk." :p That damned hip is why I had to get off of the line I loved to work on at work. I couldn't take the standing for eight hours anymore.

And now you can smugly call it karma: Last weekend I tripped over a laundry basket with the same leg/hip and smashed the knee up on the opposite side. I've got a sneaking suspicion that it might be fractured, but it only hurts if I poke at it. So I just don't poke at it. *shrug*

CuddleWoozle said:
(The one time you do something that you know is naughty/bad because you can't take the pain anymore and sheeeeeeesh. :p I didn't wanna go into details but...since I feel like I'm being made a bit of a villain here...)

I've got a stupidly high pain tolerance. I've smashed my hands under wheels at work and just growled about it and kept going, and these are full size car wheels. I've been hit full force in the face by a falling tire that weighed 25 lbs, got back up and checked for bleeding and kept going. Anything that can make me actually -cry- in pain is probably going to put someone else down on the ground in agony. That's probably the reason I don't want to ask the doctor for a placard for when my busted up hip hurts enough that I don't want to move. I'm too proud to ask, I suppose.

Remember I'm IC, right? It came partly from a major fall I had down the stairs that actually broke my pelvis (!!) and left me a bruise that went from right knee to mid-back. Sometimes it acts up and I have trouble walking. That was what happened on the day I said "A $500 fine is alright. I'll pay it. I gotta get food, but I can't walk." :p That damned hip is why I had to get off of the line I loved to work on at work. I couldn't take the standing for eight hours anymore.

And now you can smugly call it karma: Last weekend I tripped over a laundry basket with the same leg/hip and smashed the knee up on the opposite side. I've got a sneaking suspicion that it might be fractured, but it only hurts if I poke at it. So I just don't poke at it. *shrug*
Oh, sweetie, I don't think anyone thinks you're a villain for being in pain. I think Wuggle may be calling her non-biological grandma that. My step-grandma, wicked b**ch of the south, was practically Voldemort! You really do need a placard, or a tag, something. Don't be afraid to ask.

I wouldn't worry about the clothing - I've been through both parks in short overalls and (of course) jonjons without anyone taking notice.

The care rooms at First Aid stations and the family restrooms work well for changing - bring a changing pad, though, for your own protection.

As has already been noted, the security guards are looking for weapons and illegal items - a couple Bambinos won't faze them.

Use regular diapers during the day - keep the overnights for at night. (I'm loving the Little Builders as daytime diapers these days).

Being at a kid-friendly event is not an issue - interrupting the experience for others is. You could even hug a character without issue, but I wouldn't recommend sitting in their lap.

Be on your best behavior - while a lot of activities won't raise an eyebrow, even the sound of getting a spanking will (and I've heard actual kids being spanked in WDW restrooms before).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back