Just saw the new "winnie the Pooh" movie it was outstanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I was not sure what my expectations were going to be when I went in. But I walked out pleasantly surprised and a little teared up. What a great story about things that are important in your life, that during "life" we loose sight off.

If you are a pooh fan in any way, don't miss it, it was very well done.

moosey

Were you wearing a diaper like all abdls do when watching something?

Solo... You're saying "Two thumbs in the mouth" then?

What do you mean?

Oh, gotcha

I know it was a dumb joke... Apparently dumber than I thought. And older too.
When you have to explain the joke... It's not funny. 💩

It's ok

I went to see it last evening and for the first time in a long time everyone clapped at the end! The first half I cried about 4 times and it ended so amazingly sweetly. I saw my hubby even tear up a couple of times. It's one of the best movies that Disney has done in a long time.

FandieFolf said:
Were you wearing a diaper like all abdls do when watching something?

Unfortunately no, I wasnt, although that would have been nice. Diapered on not, the movie was really good.

- - - Updated - - -

ESPF said:
Solo... You're saying "Two thumbs in the mouth" then?

Absolutely, "2 thumbs in the mouth".

- - - Updated - - -

LittleAndrea said:
I went to see it last evening and for the first time in a long time everyone clapped at the end! The first half I cried about 4 times and it ended so amazingly sweetly. I saw my hubby even tear up a couple of times. It's one of the best movies that Disney has done in a long time.

I didn't know it was Disney in the beginning, but this is the kind of stuff "Walt" intended. It was great. Although, "cuddlewoozle" will find out that the "woozles" are definitely vilified in the story....rightfully so.

I've been considering catching it myself, but I don't know, I'm on the fence. Based on the trailers it looks weird to me. Maybe the trailers are misleading, but the hyper-real stuffed toy look coupled with all the desaturation makes it look vaguely creepy, not whimsical or magical to me. Also, am I the only one that feels as though it's another film that wants to make bank on mining nostalgia as opposed to treading new ground with beloved characters?

In any event, I'm not enthused based on the trailers and some of the critical reviews I've read have situated the film as unremittingly average. However, hearing positive reviews from my fellow ABs has piqued my interest a bit. At the end of the day, I'm also a huge fan of the franchise and these characters, so who knows, maybe I'll check it out at a theatre near me when I have the time :)

It looks like a cute movie but I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD. My local theater instituted a bag-check policy which means it's going to be nearly impossible to smuggle in snacks, sippies, and stuffies. And I don't think hiding stuff in your diaper is as easy as the Rugrats made it look.

I saw it a couple of hours ago and thought it was ok. I thought Christopher Robin was unlikable in the film. They didn't give him any positive qualities as an adult. I know he needs to be this very serious adult, but it didn't make him likable. I loved Eeyore thought; I thought his lines were hilarious. :laugh: I also loved Pooh Bear and the whole vintage London aesthetic! :wub: ❤️

37592488_440094463135615_6441565618096308224_n.jpg

rainbowpenguin said:
I saw it a couple of hours ago and thought it was ok. I thought Christopher Robin was unlikable in the film. They didn't give him any positive qualities as an adult. I know he needs to be this very serious adult, but it didn't make him likable. I loved Eeyore thought; I thought his lines were hilarious. :laugh: I also loved Pooh Bear and the whole vintage London aesthetic! :wub: ❤️

That was the point, to show how far Christopher Robin had gotten away from who he really was, and how it took Pooh and Company to show him what was truly important. Rainbowpenguin, you are 21, you really wont get it, as you have so much more life to live. And then one day you will look back and understand the wonderful message that was in this movie. I am nearly 3 times your age and seen and lived 3 times more things in my life, some good and some not so. This is probably why it spoke to those that have actually been around for a while and why you had a , "hohum" response. It is not an instant gratification movie which is what you cut your teeth on, there are no Transformers here. I will agree EYORE was perfect, as was Tigger.

littlemoosey said:
That was the point, to show how far Christopher Robin had gotten away from who he really was, and how it took Pooh and Company to show him what was truly important. Rainbowpenguin, you are 21, you really wont get it, as you have so much more life to live. And then one day you will look back and understand the wonderful message that was in this movie. I am nearly 3 times your age and seen and lived 3 times more things in my life, some good and some not so. This is probably why it spoke to those that have actually been around for a while and why you had a , "hohum" response. It is not an instant gratification movie which is what you cut your teeth on, there are no Transformers here. I will agree EYORE was perfect, as was Tigger.

You have a point; when I'm older I'll probably understand the message better.

I rediscovered the Winnie the Pooh stories when I was in college and loved them. Later, I introduced them to my wife and she loved them as well, so much that we almost named our first born Christopher Robin. The movie has gotten lukewarm reviews but I'd still like to see it. I think it might be an ideal movie for use ABs.

dogboy said:
I rediscovered the Winnie the Pooh stories when I was in college and loved them. Later, I introduced them to my wife and she loved them as well, so much that we almost named our first born Christopher Robin. The movie has gotten lukewarm reviews but I'd still like to see it. I think it might be an ideal movie for use ABs.

It is, especially for those of us who have children younger or older and recognize the pain of telling them that, "something else" is taking priority over them. My son is still younger, I still have time to refocus on him.

littlemoosey said:
It is, especially for those of us who have children younger or older and recognize the pain of telling them that, "something else" is taking priority over them. My son is still younger, I still have time to refocus on him.

I'm reading a book entitled, "Transitions" by Bridges and in chapter two he talks a lot about making the transition from child/teen to adult quoting Erickson and others. My daughter and I are reading the book together and discussing it on Fridays as she drives to work. I guess the movie is a lot about the transitions we make from childhood to adult. Almost always, we realize that as adults, we aren't at all what we thought we would be as when we were very young. There are a lot of lost dreams along the way.

In some ways, I'm the exception. I always wanted to be a professional musician, playing the really big pieces. I've done both with organ and now piano. But most people end up in a joyless job and wonder, what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back