Do I have enuresis now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gcv216

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I am not normally a bed wetter, but do have dribbling issues throughout the day and night. I do wet the bed 1-2 times a year. The urologist didn’t seem to be too concerned about only 1-2 times a year. When I do have an episode I always wake up in the middle of wetting the bed, which is already too late. The last wetting episode that I had, 1 of my 1-2 a year, about a month ago. I had no clue I was urinating. I didnt realized it till I woke up in the morning and felt a soaked bed. Normally the urinating wakes me up. Do I have nocturnal enuresis now because I had no clue the last time I wet the bed?

I wouldn't be worried about titles, I would just do what you have to to manage the condition.

In this case I would have a diaper on at night just in case, that would be better than waking up in a wet bed and having to do laundry.

A better solution for the OP may be to invest in a cloth waterproof mattress protector. They are cheap at walmart, either the fitted or full zipper versions work good and they are breathable so you can't really even tell it's there.

Also add a reusable cloth bed pad. Thry last for years, will soak up any accidents you have, and can be machine washed/dried.

I have both of these myself, in addition to my always needing a diaper. They work great for the rare event my diaper leaks (also about 1-2 times a year), and save me trough of having to wash my sheet more often than I normally do.

The thing that concerns me is. The last time it happened I had no clue I did it until I woke up and felt th wet sheets.

If it were me I wouldn't worry about a few times a year , but I would protect the mattress then if it happens you only have the bedding to clean, once it become more frequent then you could start wearing some sort of overnight protection.

Hi GCV,

If you frequently wake up in the night and have to go to go to the toilet, I would check with a doc. Especially if you have no urge problems while the daytime. This can be also the beginning of some more series problems.

The most important thing is to get checked for diabetes. I had no idea I was diabetic until I went to see the doc about my steadily increasing incontinence and bedwetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back