Is It Time to Tell My Parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokogirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So... I've been wearing diapers for over 3 years behind my parents' back. Throughout the years I've been wearing more & more and now for the last 7 months I have been wearing diapers 24/7. I know it's very risky to wear 24/7 with parents around without letting them know. But I'm always extra careful to keep it a secret.

Though there has been a few close situations, I haven't been caught yet once. But for the past couple of days, I get the feeling that they know.

I'm not sure if they know or how much they know. They haven't asked me anything directly. I'm not sure what I'll say if they do. Should I deny? Should I tell them the truth?

Or, Should I confess before they ask? Even if I decide to tell them what should I say? It's not an easy topic to discuss with. I get embarrassed everytime I think about it.

Or, Should I continue with the 24/7 life & wait to get caught?

Many of the people adisc suggested me to wear less to avoid the risk of getting caught. Which is a very good advice. But after 7 months of wearing 24/7 I have become somewhat diaper dependent & cannot think of a life without it.

As much as I'd like to continue becoming diaper dependent, I really hate the thought of getting caught.

Telling my parents could either result in them stopping me from wearing diapers. Or if they choose to ignore or let me do what I want, I may be able to wear more freely, get a diaper pail, mattress protector, more diapers etc etc that I previously could not.

At this point I'm completely lost on what to do. May be, I should just get rid of all the diapers & pretend something like this never happened.

I know this is hard to tell your parents. Do you feel they will understand if you tell them the whole story? Do you feel if you just tell them you are having trouble holding it they will understand better? I am not saying to tell a lie but, this will still be considered with holding information. It sounds like you have developed a medical need for diaper. I would just wait till you get caught then tell the truth or half of the truth you decide. If they ask you when this started I`d say "I started wearing diapers years ago". Think of the questions they might ask and answer them as best you can in your head or just say I`d really rather not talk about it. I know living the way we do is hard for even ourselves to understand but hang in there. Sending hugs your way!

If you feel you need diapers and are planning on wearing 24/7 for now on then it may be time to let them know you are wearing diapers if you have been having no warning accidents then they should understand. my Parents and Family have know I needed to be back in diapers shortly after I started to wear 24/7. Not having to hide the fact I was having IC issues made wearing 24/7 easier.

I wouldn't just stop wearing all together the thought of it stays with you and the urges get even stronger had it happen to me just recently started wearing again since I moved into my own place

You're 22 and obviously have some sort of income? You're an adult and responsible for your own actions. I wouldn't say anything unless they do. Like you said, they probably know anyway so why make it an issue?

Either keep doing as you have in secret, or tell them; but definitely don't do a "purge" because you will want to indulge again and the urge to use diapers will get much worse and then you will have to "binge" it's a vicious cycle and not a good way to go about it.

Whether you tell them or not depends on how you think they will react, if chances are it will make things worse to tell them then don't, I've heard of people being kicked out because of their parents dislike of them using diapers; so you have to asses the risk and reward of it, if it's too risky dont do it, if you think it will be fine talk to them.

Big thing is I would explain it as a stress reliever or if you feel its important to them them anything further, better to label yourself as an AB than a DL, the truth the doesn't matter in this regard, it's all about telling them what wouldn't appear as bad if they were to do a bit of research.

Keep wearing them as you see fit. You're an adult now, so they can't exactly "make" you stop wearing them anyways.

Telling them now is completely up to you, but regardless be ready to tell them as it will happen sooner or later. Figure out what you'd say, to at least be ready for it. Personally though I believe it's better to bring it up under your own terms instead of waiting to be confronted by it.

Your mother probably already knows. Your an adult and are handling your wetting problem yourself. I would suggest not saying anything unless your parents ask. Also go ahead and buy a mattress protector. If your parents ask, just tell them that you are having a wetting issue and are handling it.
You did not say how you are disposing of your used diapers, but it seems to be discreet enough. Do you really need to have a diaper pail?

I think they already know.
Are they the type of parents to accept you in diapers?

I worn around my wife a few times before I told her I'm AB. I though she didn't know. It wasn't until I told her I'm AB that she told me she already new. I asked how and she said your ass shape changed in your pants. She told me I new you had not put on weight so it had to be something else.
People who know you well may pick up on changes.

Also I wouldn't just stop. I'm almost 24/7 too and I know if I was to stop the depression monster would show up and I know I would have wetting accidents. I feel I'm becoming diaper dependent as when I'm not in my diaper I have to constantly not to wet my pants as I have had a few accidents lately.

If you love being in 24/7, your old enough to do what makes you happy, So I would not stop.

I hid this for so so long thinking I needed to hide it, now my wife now's and is happy to have her husband and baby boy around.
The best thing was telling her as it was a great weight lifted and once we worked though it things got super better. She even tells me know why is my little guy out of his special pants.

If you think they will understand be honest. Talk to them.

Be who you want to be.
Be happy and hyper and stay in your diaper, lol
But seriously be who you are and do what makes you happy. Don't do what we all have done in the past and live with this as a curse. It's not a curse its who we are.

Age aside, being who I am, I would wear less and do it more stealthily, generally most parents don't take it very well, but there is a chance for the opposite. But that's me, do what you want, just be you. I never would have told my parents, and I was always secretive about it, had all my stuffs in a locked trunk covered by other things and locked 6 times lol. I'm sure my mother saw my diaper a time or two though while I was asleep, but never heard anything about it, so I was all good. All I'm saying is, if someone doesn't need to know, then don't tell, it's private and you are over 18, legally an adult and your private interests involve you and you alone, until you invite someone else into the fold.

Scaramouche said:
You're 22 and obviously have some sort of income? You're an adult and responsible for your own actions. I wouldn't say anything unless they do. Like you said, they probably know anyway so why make it an issue?

This is what i was thinking. Telling is telling. Either you choose to tell or you have to explain if caught. Just prepare now for what you want to say should either event happen. Always stay calm and don't become defensive. The more you come off as this is a small part of your life which you are comfortable with, the more others will feel the same.

Dear Adiba,
Don't ask us. This is the sort of question only you can answer.
You are the one that knows where you are emotionally/financially and... At this point in your life.
Only you know where your family's heads are at right now. Whether they are likely to revive this news well without overreaction or one or more are likely overreact.
IF you believe they will take the news well, then go for it.
IF on the other hand, you believe someone my react poorly (accusing you of pedaphyia, disowning you, outing you to others... ) the...
This aspect of your personality is really no one's business but your own/the partner you sleep with, and MAYBE your doctor, psychologest.

Mojo said:
I know this is hard to tell your parents. Do you feel they will understand if you tell them the whole story? Do you feel if you just tell them you are having trouble holding it they will understand better?
I'm afraid that they'll make a great deal out of it & take me to the doctor. They have been always concerned with my health & slender figure. One of the reason for which I suspect they know is that they bring me water or tell me to drink water several times throughout the day.

Adiba said:
I'm afraid that they'll make a great deal out of it & take me to the doctor. They have been always concerned with my health & slender figure. One of the reason for which I suspect they know is that they bring me water or tell me to drink water several times throughout the day.

Then I'd say its none of their business.

- - - Updated - - -

And "Don't poke the bear".

ORBaby said:
You did not say how you are disposing of your used diapers, but it seems to be discreet enough. Do you really need to have a diaper pail?
I keep the used diapers in a trash bag locked inside a drawer. But I can't store too many or store them for long as I have limited space, it starts to smell & could get me caught. Most of the time I dispose almost immediately without storing. I usually throw them away daily. The narrow passageway beside our house is used for keeping trash. And they (waste collectors) clean it every week. I used to take the trash in my bag daily and dispose them on my way to college. But recently I've stopped doing that. For the last few weeks, Instead of going there in person I throw them from the roof just after waking up. It seems more easy & practical as it's more discreet this way.

I wouldn't say that I really need it. But being 24/7, I think life would be a little easier if I had one.

- - - Updated - - -

ABdrew said:
Are they the type of parents to accept you in diapers?

I don't actually know. They are the types that would accept me failing a grade or two. But would get furious if I skip a meal for one night.
People who know you well may pick up on changes.
Now that I think about it. I definitely don't want others to know.

Adiba said:

I see if i were in your shoes i would take my second sugestion. Go on as if it was just buisness as usual. If your parents ask think of what is best to say. Also, take a deep breath when your heart is pounding. If you ever get questioned think before you say any thing even if you have to wait a minute. I believe you can do it! Wear a diaper whenever where ever. Have fun and dont let this stress monkey bother you for bananas.

Mojo said:
I see if i were in your shoes i would take my second sugestion. Go on as if it was just buisness as usual. If your parents ask think of what is best to say. Also, take a deep breath when your heart is pounding. If you ever get questioned think before you say any thing even if you have to wait a minute. I believe you can do it! Wear a diaper whenever where ever. Have fun and dont let this stress monkey bother you for bananas.
I have taken your suggestion and going on as usual. My parents haven't asked me anything about it yet. You only live once. So, no point stressing out about it. I think I'll be honest and face the consequences when the time comes. If they force me to stop wearing then so be it. I'll think about it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back