Diaper Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonQuixote

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I'm fairly new to this site, which I love by the way, but I was wondering if it would be possible to create a DATABASE of diapers available in the US, Europe, etc.
Perhaps you could have categories such as ABDL, DL, Medical/Incontinence, etc.
I personally spent a long time searching for the right diaper for my size and weight; not to forget holding capacity.
I wasted a lot of money until I found the right combination of diaper, booster, diaper cover, and bed protection.

New member inquiries are being answered quickly with good advice, but sometimes a study of available diapers and accessories prior to asking questions could facilitate a better question/answer dialog.
I realize that the new diaper reviews are very detailed and helpful, but sometimes when a DL or ABDL joins, they seem to need just general background information.

Love the site, just wondering if a database would help beginners. I know that there are members that have technical ability to do this.
Thoughts or suggestions?

It would be kinda cool to have such a thing, I know in the US in the past I've used various quality medical style adult diapers (Molicare Super Plus, Abena M4, Dry 24/7, Seni Quatros), what I hate though is the companies seem to have a record of lowering quality of those products more and more as time goes on.

And for ABDL type/quality diapers theres a bunch of companies with a wide range of products, but I like ABUniverse the most (their most absorbent I've tried has been Little Pawz, which I love)

JonQuixote said:
I'm fairly new to this site, which I love by the way, but I was wondering if it would be possible to create a DATABASE of diapers available in the US, Europe, etc.
Perhaps you could have categories such as ABDL, DL, Medical/Incontinence, etc.

I ran into THIS recently while looking for information on the Vintage Replica diaper. I haven't really had time to look at the site in detail, check it out and see if it's what you're looking for, let us know what you think?

This comes up at least once every year. And people have tried making review lists, but it's always flawed and never anywhere near complete. Not for a lack of trying though.

The problem is that first, every diaper fits everyone differently. What works good for half of the people, will be a completely false review for the other half. Second, manufacturers constantly change and revise their diaper designs. What is a good review one year is nearly guaranteed to be a misleading review the next year. Third, not everyone has the time/ money/ capability to produce multiple reviews using the exact same criteria and methods. Lastly, even when multiple people try to reproduce the same tests, they are never done quite the same way, and regardless yeild different results because of the first problem.

Ultimately, every reviews list I've ever seen (or made/added to) end up being defunct, usually sooner rather than later too. It really is unfortunate, but the only sure way to find out if certain diapers work good for someone, is for that someone to try them all out.

The wiki looks a tad outdated... But it certainly solves a.. where to put it question. Not exactly a table full of information to compare but it's an interesting place to start from.

I've actually been toying with the idea of developing a website to catalog diapers along with their various attributes.

Listing manufacturers, brands, sizes ... Linked with pictures, reviews, etc.

Most of it being user-driven... Sort of "open sourced".

There are diaper reviews here on our site which is quite thorough. As to which country has which is something you would need to investigate further.

I think one of the problems with a database of diapers is how fast the manufacturers change the specifications and add new products and some of these changes in specifications are not announced. It becomes a problem to keep it up-to-date.

It seems to me this has been suggest several times over the years and nobody has really come up with a database yet (that I am aware of).

IF the moderators decide to do this...
Rember to add cloth diapers and plastic panties as well.😸

I wonder what kind of fields it'll have to track... *tries*
Brand: Pampers
Model: Baby Dry
Size 6:
Availabel Sizes(Optional): 1 to 6
Length(Total rise): 21.75" 55cm
Crotch Width: 7-9" 18-23cm
Total width wing to wing: 14-18" 35.5-46cm [This doesn't account for CottonTail's skill in stretching, just start out pull fresh from the bag]
Leak Guard width: 4" 10cm [Combining this with the wing to wing one can guess which the circumference it was designed for]
Leak Guard height: 1" 2.5cm
Circumference before tearing(Tearing from wearing over 4-12 hours): < 32" 81cm [This value rises and drops until someone finds a size which won't tear]
Capacity (till leak): Unknown
Needs cover(like plastic pants): No
Thickness(when folded): Unknown
Date measured: July 2018
Designs: Elmo
Special Feature(Optional): 3-Absorb channels
Notes: This is more like a test to see what fields are needed, could be used to comment such as. Velcro isn't reusable.

Wow that's quite a few fields.. I wonder if I missed anything.. Cost and pack size isn't mentioned as that seems rather wide in range..

I would actually like to see this idea develop further.
I think the biggest problem users face is where to buy diapers. Only some shops are known and it would be great to have a kind of price comparator that gets the prices of many different online shops to get the best price.
Having a community-driven wiki about the different diapers available in the market would be a great idea, too.

I am willing to help.

Sometimes the best place to just get some samples of different diapers is on eBay. There are some adult diaper sample listings that let you pick and choose, and while it’s a little more per diaper than getting a bag or case, it’s cheaper than buying a bag of each to figure out what you like.

The problem with a database is that there are several various types of diapers available, past and present, which has already been mentioned earlier. I would say that something this grandiose would require a group collaboration effort with people that have all various types of diaper preferences. For example, different users can upload their collections and catalog each individual diaper.

I took the liberty of cataloguing Girl's Pull-Ups/Goodnites/Drynites designs. I even threw in some generic designs as well. This is my work so far:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28905975@N04/sets/72157668386309492

All great comments and suggestions; I guess what I was thinking when I posted this thread was some type of a tool to help the beginner diaper user when discovering this website.
JTinkering has listed many of the fields that could be used, but IMHO would be overwhelming for a beginner. These would all be important factors to consider, but the beginner has a "driving force" and "needs answers" to get started on the correct path for him/her.
JustWannaRead has brought up the need to provide not only the specs for the diaper, but also the source website/vendor information. I also agree that having a community driven WIKI would be a great addition to this website.
Scaramouche mentioned that this website already has in-depth reviews of various diapers currently on the market which could be used as links to the database to further evaluate each product.

I would think that if the community could arrive at some format that was simple but yet informative, it would assist any newer member in arriving at their ultimate diaper decisions and perhaps save them from buying the wrong products for their individual needs. I know that I have a few boxes of unused diapers/covers/etc that I'll never use due to a lack of information when I started (age 73 years).

Going a little further in an outline:
1) simple information - brand name, vendor, website/source, picture of product, cost, cost per item, shipping cost/policies;

2) ADISDC - community reviews or technical reviews (perhaps this is where the WIKI part could help;

3) Countries - list of counties product is available in ( this could be a subset of the first item listing the product);

I'm sure that using member insight and experiences could really put something together that would be advantageous to not only new members, arriving at their new discovery, but also members that are not satisfied with their own current products or want a new discovery!

Thanks for all the recommendations, they all made great points. Just wish I had the skills to do this. Just remember, I was already had an established career of more than ten years when they introduced the IBM PC! I've tried to keep up with advances, but I know there are many out there that have more training, technical knowledge and experience than me. Keep up the discussion, maybe we can find the right person/people.

There was people who tried such a thing, but it's way more hard than it seems - Because a same diaper might be given different names in different countries, or a manufacturer who makes a second version with the same name and goes unnoticed, or just rebrandings (so the same diaper, different names)

Plus, it's still really hard to find which diaper you might want. We have sort of a "database" of updated diapers - If you use any online diaper seller, such as ABDLFactory, they have more than 100 diapers with filters for kind of diaper, capacity, prints, manufacturer, cloth/plastic or price, with pictures for each one of them, and again, those are only in-stock diapers. Imagine if in our database we have diapers from 6 years ago and from all around the world... that would be massive.

There's been a wealth of information listed in this thread about where to find info on different types of diapers. The hard part is that it's scattered across the web. I would gladly help update if someone wants to start this project. I believe a stand alone website or wiki would work the best.

Having it on a wiki would let everybody edit it in real time and provide a 'community feel' to it. It's easy for peoeple who don't have a lot of editing experience, I do have of experience in helping moderating one as well. We could even use the existing wiki that was mentioned in this thread- just add more details.

Having it on a stand alone website would let people submit diapers/ corrections to the database, and the website admins could add the changes.

Both ways would work out just fine- we just need someone to step up and be in charge. You would be supprised how much can get sone when information is crowdsourced.

Last edited:
As for members who have as you said "the technical knowledge to do this" , I am one of them. However even with proper gear and software, prices and designs are always changing so keeping a constant tab on it may prove to be difficult. Especially for past design records/materials. Having separate databases for diapers (and sizes listing) for different locations shouldn't be to hard in more popular brands, but keeping it perfectly up to date on ALL diapers including all designs and manufacturers may prove to be an astronomical task. And we are not even counting doubles as an issue of people who upload. For example someone posts "little Pawz " and another posts "littlepawz" I also vote official websites can be linked so people can buy direct if they want or discretion in shipping be a tag.

Fantastic idea. And I'm all in for it. Even if a small one just a proper organisation to it and the ability to break down types and narrow down what they want is revolutionary. "I want a diaper with babyish designs in medium in America with an overnight absorbance and 4 tapes"

If people want this. I am willing to pay for hosting if we can start a small list. I also have software that can organise databases ..

- - - Updated - - -

Also, please note that even if the wiki usable to be edited off the fly I noticed all the ads on that page. Hosting separate may he harder to find but at least with good paid hosting you wouldn't have to worry about ads. Not to big if a deal but probably would look a bit better

Just a quick announcement ...

A while back I had purchased a domain name in order to start working on a website for those who wear Diapers by choice or necessity. I've not really had any motivation to start work on the site until I read this thread. One of the main features I wanted to add was a database of diapers, brands, etc. So over the past few days I've started working on a "BETA" version of the site. Since this is in beta, there is not much there - and some things won't work right, but it is a start.

I'm hoping to turn the database into more of a community effort - and to add more capabilities in time. But I am working on this solo - so additions take a lot of time and tinkering.

The site is located at: https://www.diapered.life

Feel free to stop by and keep checking back for updates. There is a LOT of work left to do but I want to get a very basic framework up and running before adding too much. I'll be adding more fields to collect data --- length, width, min waist/hip, max waist/hip, core type (pulp, sap, etc), plastic shell, cloth shell, hybrid shell, velcro, etc.. etc.. --- I'm hoping also to add ratings and other enhancements over time.

Again, this is a work in progress and doesn't look the best yet. Feel free to email ideas :)

Sounds good, but my web browser barks at the certificate that's for "azurewebsites.net", not "diapered.life". Fix that ;)

bambinod said:
Sounds good, but my web browser barks at the certificate that's for "azurewebsites.net", not "diapered.life". Fix that ;)

I think I finally got the certificate installed and working. May take a little bit to fully propagate. Hopefully this weekend I can start to get more fields added to the forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back