Landing zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodnites24

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
(I’m not positive what a landing zone is but I’m pretty sure it’s the area where the taper stick sorry if I’m wrong) Do any of you guys know if the north shore air supreme have tapes with a plastic landing zone or tapes that kind of Velcro to the diaper like pampers tapes? It’s hard to explain so I’ll give an example. Are the tapes sticky like crinkles or Velcro-like like pampers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly don't know

Northshore Supremes have 2 second chance adhesive tapes per side, and no landing zone. The tapes hold up well from my experience.

Yeah, no thanks. I'd rather wear Pampers

Yes a landing zone is where the tapes stick on the front of the diaper, a diaper can still work without a landing zone though as long as the diaper is either plastic backed (for the sticky tapes) or cloth backed (for Velcro style tapes), Tykables are a sort of Hybrid because they are a plastic backed diaper with a cloth-like covered landing zone so the "hook and loop" (Velcro) tapes work.

Or maybe I'm incorrect and every adult diaper has a Landing Zone, but either way it's well attached on the diapers (or integrated) and isn't gonna fall off or anything.

Pampers for me though!

They're hook and loop tabs for the airs, which have clothlike covers and tapes for the plastic backed ones.

The landing zone is the thicker plasic strip on the front of the diaper. Not all adult diapers utilize landing zones.

Unfortunately, landing zones do not extend down very far so that prevents diapers with a landing zone from having tapes low enough to get a good snug fit around the legs. A lot of people just compensate for that by wearing a diaper that's one size smaller though. But if you really want a properly sized diaper then you're kind of stuck going with a diaper that uses second chance tapes (or velcro tabs). Not many options otherwise.

I was gonna say that. I have some right now and they don't have a specific 'landing zone', at least not that I can tell, they're hook and loop and you just stick them wherever you need them. They do feel like they have some sticky adhesive between the 'rows' of hooks on the tapes, though.

But only the Northshore diapers with 'air' in the name have the cloth-like cover. :3

Aside: Fandie, we get it. You like your Pampers. You've posted twice saying so. :p Not everyone likes them though and some people can't force themselves into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back