what do you think is the most babyish adult diaper you have tried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashmir

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
what do you think is the most babyish adult diaper you have tried? What did you think about it? How did it feel? Was the capacity good?

So far my favorite (which I think is plenty Baby-ish) is ABUniverse Little Pawz, I love how they look, I've come to be able to get a very good fit with them (then again I can with everything I have tried if I get the right size, some just take a little practice), and yes they are plenty absorbent, especially boosted (I mostly use Goodnites for boosters, but I am starting to get low on the ones I got cheap lol).

Theres still a lot of different diapers i want to try, the one I most wish to try (at some point but it seems they may still be working on their fit and tapes) is PeekABU.

Little Pawz are so cute!!

Nice question, but maybe it's better to first define the key term? What does "babyish" mean to you, and what are its defining characteristics? Thickness? Cut? Pattern on the outside? Cloth vs. disposable? Cloth-backed vs. plastic-backed?

I guess what I'm suggesting is that "babyish" seems to be a term that can mean a lot of different things, depending upon our personal, idealized concept of what a baby would wear.

For me, it would be the original SDKs. This is really something that's in the eye of the beholder. I don't really care that much but the panel on those was used in baby diapers and the rest is white like a baby diaper was and they only have one tape to a side. The appearance of the v2 SDKs is the same but the feeling of the plastic has changed. They're less crinkly and smooth. They're still a good diaper (probably better overall than before) but not as good a replica from my perspective.

All white are babyish enough in my book. Looks do count but the fit and feel is generally more important to me.

Lots of great diapers out there but for most babyish now days I can only say ABUs SDKs/Cushies/Lavender and Kiddos as they have the large single tape per side.

Reactions: Chinababy888
Baby diapers are what i wear

Mojo said:
what do you think is the most babyish adult diaper you have tried? What did you think about it? How did it feel? Was the capacity good?

I think a lot of people are going to consider little kids looks. There really aren't very many diapers with a strictly "baby" look to them. By that I mean light colors, pastels, rounded soft looking figures, and shapes. Don't get me wrong, Little Paws are great looking, but they're not a "baby" pattern IMO. Bellisimo, Vintage Replica, and Teddy are the only ones I'd really include in such a list. The new Little Monsters is a good try, but they went overboard with the colors. (clearly they were aiming for a pastel palate but I think they fell a bit short)

Reactions: Chinababy888
PeekABU is really good, but my favorite is Crinklz no question. They have the highest absorbence, capability to still hold up when soaked front to back, and best reliabity to not leak. The cute characters are a plus too. Having a diapered character on a diaper is too good to pass up.

For me I would have to say Abu SDK and Cushies. They both have single tapes the same as baby diapers.
There are a lot of get designs out there which I love too but for me it has to have single taps.
Alternatively cloth diapers and plastic pants are always very babyish.
But I prefer disposable diapers, so SDK's are what this baby wears.

The Cloth ABU Preschools. If we're talking about what baby diapers are like now then those hit the closest. In fact, I have some Family Dollar storebrand baby diapers that I put on Gradbear(the build-a-bear my wife got me for graduation) and other than using two sticky tapes instead of one hook-and-loop, they're nearly identical.

They're my primary day diaper, which for the price they have pretty great capacity, I'd say in my experience it equals Abena, though of course nowhere close to their Premiums like Little Paws/Simples/Space which are my go-to for night and being out for extended periods.

I guess my idea of what constitutes a "babyish" diaper has been influenced by the ones I would have worn growing up, compounded with the types of diapers I saw the babies in my family using when I was a teenager. I therefore tend to imagine an all-white plastic or cloth-backed disposable with some sort of front panel design, so SDKs, Bellissimos, Carousels, PeekABUs, Preschools, and maybe Teddys all fit the bill.

With more and more real baby diapers now using all-over prints, I suppose it's increasingly hard to argue that designs like the ABU Kiddo aren't "babyish" by 2018 standards - but they are babyish only in that they tend to emulate baby diapers from a later time period than what I tend to use as a reference point. TBH, I suppose if I grew up surrounded by children wearing primarily cloth diapers and plastic pants, that would be the epitome of "babyish" to me now.

I like the pink rearz of course the fuller it is the better then even adult cloth diaper over that the bulkier the more babyish for me i use to love the purple molicare i know they only held one or two wettings but they fit so snug i miss them

Crinklz for me. It's the print and the swell it has is a reminder of my toddler years. With a booster I still haven't found the limit, but I don't push it too far.

For me its an adult sized version of a 1985 Huggies Supreme. That would require a dedicated machine to make, so it's never going to happen. So for me there are no babyish adult diapers out there if you base this solely on padding design.

Well, some people replace the tapes on baby diapers with bigger tapes

Little pawz for sure there so cute and has the wettness indicator love them

EcoAble cloth diapers up scaled baby diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back