Computer Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainbowpenguin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Does anyone remember playing computer games as a kid; especially the educational ones like Jump Start, Reading Rabbit, Pajama Sam, Putt Putt, etc?

I do! I loved all of those games! The great thing is you still can play a lot of them on archive.org. I was playing putt putt about a month ago.

I played Jump Start first and second grade, and one educational one about some type of mountain explorer. They were fun. They should still be around here, but we no longer have a computer with a disc drive.

Two of my favorites, are hat I’d like to find again, but I can’t remember the names of where one in which you played a kid trapped in a museum, and had to solve puzzles to get out... and a math one, set up like a game show on a space station, where if you go questions wrong, you got slimed.

Outside of these, I never really played edutainment games. Mostly, it was games like Myst.

In middle school my library had a pc with oregon trail on it. We were allowed to play it IF all our homework was done.

That game was easy though. I'd always start as a teacher with only a few bullets but no other supplies. Immediately go hunting and easily get buffalo. Get enough food to trade for all the gear you can carry, and you'd get a really high score every time.

I never played edutainment games. They's really never attracted me. The game that mostly marked my childhood was Super Mario World. I also played a lot of Amiga games, and well, a space simulator which name I dun remember.
Even though, I really wish I coulda played any of those cute educational games >w<

I think a lot of us played the educational games in school. When I was in elementary school back in the late 80s we had computer class every other week where we played those games. We didn't have a computer in the house until about 1994.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back