New order ----Crazy me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sotexasDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
A little background first. I had been a big fan of Abena M4s and was buying them by the case. I discovered the Rearz Inspires and found them on sale at the end of last year. Bought one case, and tried them, fell in love with them, and immediately bought 2 more cases while still on sale. Been rotating back and forth, then heard all the discussion about the Crinklz/Better Drys, so bought a couple packs of them. They were great and really swelled up when soaked. Have to say that the Rearz became my favorite tho, altho a bit pricer.

So here I am noticing that I'm down to a partial pack of M4s, still one pack of the Crinklz, and a little over a pack of the Rearz. Now that probably sounds like plenty for the time being, but for some reason was making me nervous?? Why that was I don't know. Figured I'd solve the problem so just ordered me another case of the Rearz Inspires. I really love them. Nice and thick and bulky, hold an amazing amount and love the really thick front, 'landing zone'. I'll really be set in a few days when my order gets here. CRAZY huh??? lol.

Have you tried the inspire+incontrol yet

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

sotexasDL said:
So here I am noticing that I'm down to a partial pack of M4s, still one pack of the Crinklz, and a little over a pack of the Rearz. Now that probably sounds like plenty for the time being, but for some reason was making me nervous?? Why that was I don't know. Figured I'd solve the problem so just ordered me another case of the Rearz Inspires. I really love them. Nice and thick and bulky, hold an amazing amount and love the really thick front, 'landing zone'. I'll really be set in a few days when my order gets here. CRAZY huh??? lol.

Not at all, I'd be quite strung out if I was down to so few diapers! I never want to run out!

I'm always a little nervous about something new that I like, "Will they keep making these or will this be the only run? Should I stock up? How much should I buy?"

And like Tetra said, "have you tried Inspire+InControl? They are the same design, but with more capacity (added SAP) at a bit higher cost. They're the model the Safari is made on. One of the highest capacity on the market, and one of the few I trust on any weekend sleep-in.

And if you like the fit and capacity of the Inspire, the Spoiled are a more colorful version of the same. Or the Inspire Select, with the same all-white appearance but with a single large tape on each side. (and their Little Squirts is the same single-tape Inspire but with major shell art)

I really like how Rearz has built on their Inspire line.

I usually order more diapers when I get down to a few packages (around half a case or a bit less) left, but I also dont wear every day and when I do it might only be 1 or 2 diapers.

Theres still several different diapers I want to try, but I'm stocked up on plenty of Diapers at the moment.

I realize we are in slightly different situations in that our needs are different .

I wear cloth and plastic pants at home I have about 100 of each in rotation for daywear (contour diapers), and additional 30 (Super heavy weight nite prefolds) over nite diapers and probably 50 boosters , for a number of unique reasons i triple boost my night diapers. So it's impossible for me to run out of diapers ,i wear Tranquility ATN lined mostly around town and for out of town travel or overnights i wear Northshore supreme double boosted mainly i go out of town to doctors ,i change 5x's a day because when i cathererize is a convient time to change diapers ì am going thru the effort of getting urethral access why not conserve energy and do a complete change ?
Anyway cloth is my daily diaper I can not run out of , Yet keep about 20 cases of ATN and Northshore on hand ,it doesnt make sense since as already stated I can't run out of diapers for as long as there's a washing machine, yet I feel like if I get low on diapers it's an emergency.

The only thing I can link it to as you being hungry yet there's nothing in the fridge you want to eat ,it's the middle of the night you can't get a pizza or Chinese so you lay in bed Hangry till morning , maybe by over stocking we are insuring there's always a diaper so your never Dangry in Search of one?

Tetra said:
Have you tried the inspire+incontrol yet

Yes, I have tried a pack of the +incontrol. I liked them as well. But as far as I can tell, they weren't that much better for me compared to the plain inspires, so wasn't worth the extra expense.

Having diapers instock is always a concern I reorder when before I open my last case at the moment I have about 8 cases of Betterdry and Crinklz instock.

I have 2 cases of the tranquility atn, and 1 case of the booster pads. I also have a case of the pampers 6 baby dry diapers as stuffers.

sotexasDL said:

I used to keep my stash at somewhat of a minimum too. I would usually only have a couple partial packs with a few diapers in each before I decided to order more. That was a few years ago, now I don't like to see less than two packs sitting on my shelf. Although my current inventory is at an all time high: a case plus a partial pack of Betterdry, a case of Tena Active Slip Ultima, a partial pack of Tena Active Slip Maxi, one ABDL Shop Carousel diaper, one ABU Lavender diaper, a pack of ABU Kiddo, a pack of ABU SDK, a pack of ABU Simple Ultra, and a pack of ABU Preschool Plastic.

Congrats on increasing your inventory...it really is satisfying when you see all your diapers together!

I can still remember my first case purchase. I was down to just a few diapers left in my only bag, and then this giant box arrives with SIX bags of diapers in it. "Wow, that's a lotta diapers... that's going to last forever, what am I going to do with them all?" Well you can guess what I did with them all, and they didn't last very long at all !

Been ordering by the case ever since.

Though my tendency to get a case of any new diaper that shows up has had the (unexpected?) consequence of creating an unreasonably large stash, even by the standards of many here. So I've set down the rule of no #1 in the toilet at home, ever", and that is helping shrink my stash, but it's created a surprising situation... I'm running out of thinner diapers, and am having to wear thicker diapers that aren't getting more than one or two wettings before I need to change for bed or something. I never expected to have a "my diapers are too thick?" problem, but here I am!

I suppose it's a good problem to have?

It drives me a bit crazy when I run out of diapers. I always like to have some in stock (although much, since I'm living at home), even though I only get limited chances to wear them.

Rob110 said:
Having diapers instock is always a concern I reorder when before I open my last case at the moment I have about 8 cases of Betterdry and Crinklz instock.

WOW, 8 cases??? Now that is a huge stash. That sure ought to hold ya for awhile. Nice.

sotexasDL said:
WOW, 8 cases??? Now that is a huge stash. That sure ought to hold ya for awhile. Nice.

(blushes...) amateurs....

Yeah, having a LOT of diapers on hand isn't crazy. All it takes is one time where you were running low and some shipping problem delays a new order. Or having an unexpected expense and not being able to reorder more when you need to. Now consider your favorite diaper could be discontinued at a moments notice (it has happened), and all of the sudden having a years supply of diapers seems sane.

I personally have an extra months supply of diapers on hand which I simply don't use (though I do rotate my stock). Beyond having 2.5-3 cases worth of diapers on hand though, and I hit a bit of a storage space limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back