New Bear Hugz disposable from CTDC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the design everyone is talking about 🤔

Uggu said:
I don't see the design everyone is talking about ��

go to their web site, click "products" at the top, and "disposable diapers - printed" from the selection below.

https://www.changingtimesdiaperco.com/collections/disposable-diapers-printed

top left item

Bear_Hugz_Back_fa9a356e-b77f-4ef4-b361-f85c4452eee2_grande.JPG

Aaaaand I just got my bag of Large Bear Hugs. Super quick review: based on the Tykables model, VERY similar to Galactic. Hugs are lighter though, 7.9oz vs 8.3oz. ALSO the shell is different, and I like it. Galactic have a slight texture to them, but their thinner Little Builders are a softer, probably thinner shell. Hugs have the same softer shell as Little Builders.

And the print - while AB isn't my thing, this is definitely one of the best AB prints I've seen. It's got a perfect amount of light pastel characters, with just the right amount of character resolution to look like they belong on a baby diaper.

I compared the measurements, and they are 100% identical to Galactic. So, take a Galactic, remove a bit of sap, soften the shell, and change the art, and you have a Bear Hugs. There are no other differences. Same leak guards, same elastics, same tapes, same everything else.

Right now they're not available by the case though, which adds tp the cost. Waddler Overnights (same as Galactic, with different print) are $90 (freeship) per 40ct case. 4 bags of 10ct Bear Hugs are $148, not sure on shipping, but you can see immediately they cost a lot more. (and you're getting less sap/capacity) A nice treat for sure, but nothing I could justify ordering regularly.

I bought a couple samples of Bear Hugz along with a few other samples myself. They showed up yesterday. :eek:

bambinod said:
And the print - while AB isn't my thing, this is definitely one of the best AB prints I've seen. It's got a perfect amount of light pastel characters, with just the right amount of character resolution to look like they belong on a baby diaper.

The owner of the company said their designer had previously designed prints for baby diapers, so there's that...

I love 'em, not being AB either, but more from the "Aren't you too old to be in diapers?" point of view.

Just crawled outa bed this morning and have a little more to share. Bear Hugs swell up a lot when wet, (similar to Crinklz) and seem to have a high capacity. Despite being lighter than Galactic, there may not be a capacity difference. We've started seeing diapers lately that are lighter but claim higher capacity, like the ABU PeekABU, so maybe there's some truth to the "premium SAP" we've been hearing about from time to time. They held up well and the velcro tapes stayed in place just fine with no leaks, I have zero complaints.

The "disappearing moons" wetness indicators however don't really disappear, they just smudge a bit, turning from a yellow moon to a yellow blob, with very little fading. And there aren't that many moons to begin with, so it's kinda hard to notice. (Little Paws seem to have the best "fade when wet" indicators, most others either change colors or blur) These diapers are also fairly crinkly when dry OR wet. Not really that discrete for public wear, but all around great for playtime and overnight.

Hmm, this Bear Hugz model looks really intriguing. Maybe Fruitkitty or someone else will post an entire advanced diaper review? I know it must take a lot of time and effort to complete one, but they're really useful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back