SaveExpress international shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just a word of warning.... they do seem to have gotten their "neutral shipping" figured out, but they still submit packages to the Gorilla Luggage Test in shipping:

DSCN7590.jpg

DSCN7591.jpg

Nothing damaged, nothing fell out, but diapers clearly visible.

This is my first hearing of Sampsonite Diapers , worth a try !

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Hard to tell from the pictures but that looks like they are using a light-weight cardboard on that box.

They've offered neutral shipping for 15+ years. It tends to be a diaper box turned inside out. If stuff is loose in there they stick more cardboard in to stop it moving too much.

That style of shipping is fairly standard in Europe. More common is just wrapping the bags up in grey plastic wrap and shipping it that way.

I've had the same thing. The cardboard is barely strong enough for the weight of many packs of diapers, creating a risk of tearing or splitting under normal handling conditions. They are not the only ones - I've had flimsy packaging from other vendors that nearly defeated the purpose of the plain exterior. The root of the problem might be what we want from 'neutral shipping' vs. what is usually offered. Most DLs want a confidential service that will not give their secret away. Ideally the box has to be plain, durable (so that the contents aren't exposed), not obviously traceable to an IC or DL source from the shipping label, delivered using a reliable shipper. What is usually offered is simply no diaper brand logos printed on the box.

An example of discretion failure were some 'neutral' deliveries to work that had a perfectly plain box, with shipping label, created by the shipper with the name of the vendor including the word incontinence. So when somebody looks at the label or manifest to see whose box it is, they see my name and incontinence on the first two lines. Another was a shipment where the box was neutral to begin with but the packer had written some helpful note like 'PVC pants packed separately'.

Perhaps what people need, and vendors could offer, is a 'Highly Discreet' service, where they look into these other possible problems and check / pre-empt them as best they can.

The boxes they use would probably be "adequate" for domestic shipping and handling, but when it's getting tossed off and on planes or boats or whatever for international freight it just has to hold up to more abuse. One long drop off a plane into the cart gives it a tear, then a trip on the conveyor city at their central distribution snags the tear and makes it longer, then finally the driver unloading the cargo box at the local dock drops it and now the large tear splits and you get what I pictured above.

The biggest part of that box damage was due to dropping several times. As you can see, the bags of diapers inside weren't touched, so nothing "punctured" the box. But when you drop a flexible product that's in a rigid box, it's going to deform when it lands, and "burst out the seams and sides", which is what looks like happened to me here. (these diapers are pretty heavy, definitely got some SAP to them) It had to have been subject to that more than once though. I suppose I'm lucky it didn't split in two and spill out. One more good drop and it probably would have.

If all they're doing is taking a domestic box and inverting it for "discrete shipping, I doubt we can expect better. They're probably not going to rebox it for international shipment, and the manufacturer isn't packaging it for international shipment, so everyone just uses the lighter box. I can hear them now... manufacturer: "we weren't shipping it out of europe, why would we use a heavier box?" saveexpress: "we're just forwarding you the product in the packaging it ships in".

bambinod said:
The boxes they use would probably be "adequate" for domestic shipping and handling, but when it's getting tossed off and on planes or boats or whatever for international freight it just has to hold up to more abuse. One long drop off a plane into the cart gives it a tear, then a trip on the conveyor city at their central distribution snags the tear and makes it longer, then finally the driver unloading the cargo box at the local dock drops it and now the large tear splits and you get what I pictured above.

The biggest part of that box damage was due to dropping several times. As you can see, the bags of diapers inside weren't touched, so nothing "punctured" the box. But when you drop a flexible product that's in a rigid box, it's going to deform when it lands, and "burst out the seams and sides", which is what looks like happened to me here. (these diapers are pretty heavy, definitely got some SAP to them) It had to have been subject to that more than once though. I suppose I'm lucky it didn't split in two and spill out. One more good drop and it probably would have.

If all they're doing is taking a domestic box and inverting it for "discrete shipping, I doubt we can expect better. They're probably not going to rebox it for international shipment, and the manufacturer isn't packaging it for international shipment, so everyone just uses the lighter box. I can hear them now... manufacturer: "we weren't shipping it out of europe, why would we use a heavier box?" saveexpress: "we're just forwarding you the product in the packaging it ships in".
Sorry I call BS there packaging should be able to stand up to shipping no matter if its intra national or inter national for the prices they charge ,they should have a money back guarantee of discrete shipping when its requested , just another example of company that puts it's intrest and profit ahead of its customrrs.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Frist time i bought ab printed diapers and other item the box showed up with the top tape split with all the world to see. Has not happy with that.

Yeah, that´s standard shipping. I had also damaged Boxes. Regardless if ordered from a webshop like save or send by health care.
And it would be no problem if logistics would be possible without having the workforce throw boxes around like deranged animals.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back