Diaper Depot Atlanta - Awesome experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DprLuv85

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know threads about this place has been posted before, but I just had to let everyone know of my experience. First off, it was an unbelievable experience. If you're even remotely close to this place just go there, don't even question it. The customer service and selection this place provides is like no other, especially the woman that runs it. Her name is Helen and I definitely recommend you make sure she's going to be there before you go. She is non-judgemental, caring, friendly, and very knowledgeable about not only her products but also about ABDLs. So here is how my experience went....

I've followed Diaper Depot on Twitter for a couple years now; about the same time they started carrying their first ABDL diapers. At the time, they only carried two ABDL products: ABU Little Paws and another ABU diaper that I can't recall right now. Well, through the last couple years their premium and ABDL diaper inventory has increased dramatically; so I figured it was time for me to head down there and buy some diapers in person. Being as how I've never bought ABDL or premium diapers from anywhere except online; I contacted Diaper Depot through a DM on Twitter and asked if they had SDKs and Preschool Plastic in stock. I also asked if Helen would be working this Saturday (today) because I had heard she provides an excellent experience and that I was very nervous. Helen DM'd me back and said she does have them in stock, but also said she can't wait to show me all of the varieties she had and not to be nervous she would make me feel comfortable! Ok, now I'm excited that she's excited to show me AB diapers! I sent her one more message last night confirming I was definitely coming. She responded with excitement that I was coming. So this morning I left for GA and 2.5 hours later I was there. I had to catch my breath in the parking lot because I was so nervous about going in. I collected myself and walked in. Helen came out front and greeted me. I told her who I was and she reassured me again that there was nothing to worry about. She told me she will alert me if someone was coming towards the store and at that time I would have the option of having her put away the diapers I was looking at or just continue. The next 10 mins or so was her asking me all sorts of questions about what diapers I've tried, what I look for in a diaper, what kind of patterns I like or dislike, and what performance aspects I like in a diaper. The whole time she seemed excited about what I had to say. She also laid out a sample of each diaper she carried on the counter so I could touch, feel, and see each one. She went over every diaper, showing me all the features of each one and saying things like "imagine how the plastic of this diaper would feel against your thigh". I then built a mixed half-case of ABU diapers, which she retrieved from the back. After this, she showed me the onesies she carried (ABU diapersuits) and also some Gary plastic pants. She said she carried pacifiers as well, but figured I probably wouldn't be interested given the fact that I had told her on Twitter that I was mostly DL. I decided to get some plastic pants, so she took my measurements, retrieved one in the corresponding size then helped me put it on over my shorts to make sure it fit; which it did. She bagged up my purchases in black bags so nobody could see them. At this time, she told me two guys were about to walk in but that they were regulars and were there for the same reason as I was...are you okay? I said yes and she continued ringing me up. I thanked her and told her she provides an amazing experience for ABDLs.

I can't oversell this place, please go there! If nothing else, you would be supporting a store that supplies products to the ABDL community; I think we need to support any place that is willing to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: teezydeez
Nice write up

I can’t top that but I will add that Diaper Depot is amazing. I’m from Ohio and had heard nothing but amazing things about Helen and the amazing customer service she provides for the ABDL community. I deal with incontitence but do have an AB side of me. When my wife allowed me to get a onesie to cover my diapers I knew I had to call the Diaper Depot. Helen answered the phone and I was nervous. She quickly put me at ease by just asking questions. When I was unsure of my size she helped tremendously. Directing me how to measure myself and took over 30 minutes to make sure the onesie was gojng to fit. She then caught onto my AB side and sold me three PACI’s. When I got my onesie there was a hand written note thanking me. Telling me to enjoy my new onesies and pacifiers.
Since then I have purchased three more onesies and ABU diapers from her. I will use Diaper Depot for all
My needs moving forward. I highly recommend Helen and her business!!

Which one? My map shows TWO Diaper Depot stores near Atlanta
2655 N Decatur Rd,
and
5231 Memorial Dr.

ESPF said:
Which one? My map shows TWO Diaper Depot stores near Atlanta
2655 N Decatur Rd,
and
5231 Memorial Dr.

Decatur Rd. is their old address. They have moved to their new address which is 5231 Memorial Dr.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Mojo said:
Nice write up

Thank you! I felt that I had to let others know how great the place is. Figured the best way to do that is to give a detailed description of my experience!

- - - Updated - - -

Ehorton said:
I can’t top that but I will add that Diaper Depot is amazing. I’m from Ohio and had heard nothing but amazing things about Helen and the amazing customer service she provides for the ABDL community. I deal with incontitence but do have an AB side of me. When my wife allowed me to get a onesie to cover my diapers I knew I had to call the Diaper Depot. Helen answered the phone and I was nervous. She quickly put me at ease by just asking questions. When I was unsure of my size she helped tremendously. Directing me how to measure myself and took over 30 minutes to make sure the onesie was gojng to fit. She then caught onto my AB side and sold me three PACI’s. When I got my onesie there was a hand written note thanking me. Telling me to enjoy my new onesies and pacifiers.
Since then I have purchased three more onesies and ABU diapers from her. I will use Diaper Depot for all
My needs moving forward. I highly recommend Helen and her business!!

After I had left, I sent her a message telling her 2.5 hours is a long way to drive so I probably wouldn't be able to use her for my regular re-stocks; but I wanted to support the store so I then asked if they had any future plans to ship orders. She said she has several customers they already ship orders to. You must be one of them! So, I'll be getting prices from her the next time I need diapers. She stocks both of my go-to diapers which are Betterdry's and Tena Active Slips.

DPRLuv85 said:
Decatur Rd. is their old address. They have moved to their new address which is 5231 Memorial Dr.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! I felt that I had to let others know how great the place is. Figured the best way to do that is to give a detailed description of my experience!

- - - Updated - - -

After I had left, I sent her a message telling her 2.5 hours is a long way to drive so I probably wouldn't be able to use her for my regular re-stocks; but I wanted to support the store so I then asked if they had any future plans to ship orders. She said she has several customers they already ship orders to. You must be one of them! So, I'll be getting prices from her the next time I need diapers. She stocks both of my go-to diapers which are Betterdry's and Tena Active Slips.

Yep. I’ve found ABDL diapers are the best ones available. Even though I do enjoy the prints I really just have to have a diaper that works. You get what you pay for and I’m glad my wife buys me the best available. Shipping can be expensive but the customer service totally pays for its. I buy Crinklz from NorthShore too and there customer service is outstanding too.

wish helen would see this post i to am double ic and wear for need have found i like the crinklz yes they are printed but to me they are not really very babyish but rather a happy print for all to be happy with

I agree whole heartily on Diaper Depot. On layovers at Atlanta Airport you can take the subway (about $5 total round trip) line north and at the central station then connect east (no extra charge) to the Indian Creek station. It is a 45 minute walk to the Diaper Depot from there (about 3 miles one way) or I am sure you could grab a taxi for a small charge. I like to buy their sample packs since then I can take them on the plane with me in a carry on travel bag. Though Helen would like to sell me more I cannot take a case of diapers with me underneath my arm-heh heh. It is worth the trip if you plan an 8 hour stayover at the Atlanta airport and see other items in the city along the subway. Putting on a Rearz in the terminal bathroom about 15 minutes before you board the plane is the end of the eventful day with that secure feeling of protection.

JOCKMAN said:
I agree whole heartily on Diaper Depot. On layovers at Atlanta Airport you can take the subway (about $5 total round trip) line north and at the central station then connect east (no extra charge) to the Indian Creek station. It is a 45 minute walk to the Diaper Depot from there (about 3 miles one way) or I am sure you could grab a taxi for a small charge. I like to buy their sample packs since then I can take them on the plane with me in a carry on travel bag. Though Helen would like to sell me more I cannot take a case of diapers with me underneath my arm-heh heh. It is worth the trip if you plan an 8 hour stayover at the Atlanta airport and see other items in the city along the subway. Putting on a Rearz in the terminal bathroom about 15 minutes before you board the plane is the end of the eventful day with that secure feeling of protection.

I live in Atlanta near a Marta station yet had no idea the train could get you that close. Is it a relatively easy walk?

WBxx said:
I live in Atlanta near a Marta station yet had no idea the train could get you that close. Is it a relatively easy walk?

I added the walk information that is from a map app I have, but it does not show terrain but did give the 45 minute walk estimation. For those two days I stopped in at Diaper Depot I actually had a rental car since I wanted to see the Stone Mountain visitor location to sightsee and seeing other sights for about 6 hours before heading back to the airport.

DPRLuv85 said:
I know threads about this place has been posted before, but I just had to let everyone know of my experience. First off, it was an unbelievable experience. If you're even remotely close to this place just go there, don't even question it.
Yes it's wonderful... and I happen to live 5 miles from the place.

I'm IC and not exactly "DL" (maybe a diaper "appreciator"), and I'd been ordering from Northshore. Having driven by DD many times, I decided to stop in one day for the first time. I need the best diaper I can get for nighttime, so I asked Helen what were the most absorbent diapers they carried, i.e. could she beat Northshore. I didn't know (and I'd never expect and didn't ask) that they carried premium abdl brands as well as medical.

Anyway, her reply to my question was "Do you care if they have printing?" I was very surprised, and I said that's okay within reason, and without blinking an eye opened a drawer full of printed products that indeed looked high-quality, though I didn't know anything about them, other than hearing ABU was a good brand.

So I bought a sample of her recommendation, which was printed. (Having to buy samples is a drawback compared to Northshore.) It was fine and not too babyish, kinda cute actually, and I figured the pattern would help as a reference for easy taping.

So she confirmed what I'd been reading online, but not quite believing until then, that abdl diapers have the best performance available. I still can't get over the fact that abdl is apparently a huge thing -- huge enough to support multiple abdl companies selling custom factory-made diapers. I found that very interesting, which is why I just joined this site.

There was one thing about Helen that annoyed me though. From the moment I said I was okay with prints, she seemed to assume I was AB or something -- because she started extolling the cuteness of this and the feel of that. I told her I wasn't into that aspect, but she kept pushing it anyway.

But it wasn't too big of a deal and I've been back twice to buy a case, and have been very satisfied with the service and the product. So overall a great customer experience. Kudos to Helen.

carol said:
YI need the best diaper I can get for nighttime, so I asked Helen what were the most absorbent diapers they carried, i.e. could she beat Northshore. I didn't know (and I'd never expect and didn't ask) that they carried premium abdl brands as well as medical.

Four to look for / ask for: Rearz Inspire+InControl, Rearz Safari, Nappies-R-Us Little Rascals. ABUniverse Simple Ultra or PeekABU.

If they prefer to carry non-print diapers, the Inspire+InControl is a great plain option for maximum overnight protection.

bambinod said:
Four to look for / ask for: Rearz Inspire+InControl, Rearz Safari, Nappies-R-Us Little Rascals. ABUniverse Simple Ultra or PeekABU.
If they prefer to carry non-print diapers, the Inspire+InControl is a great plain option for maximum overnight protection.
Yes, I've tried BetterDry (plain Crinklz). But now that I've tried the printed ones, I actually like them. The print helps me find the rights spots for taping, and I have to admit I find them cute, even as a non-AB. I don't like putting on diapers, so those things help. At Diaper Depot I now buy PeekABU rather than Simple Ultra.

Hi everyone... it’s been a good three years since my last post, but this thread inspired me to type this out!

First of all, thanks for a great write-up. I have to say, I grew up in Decatur, GA, and discovered Diaper Depot when I was about 14. Back in those days, the best diapers they carried were Tranquility ATNs, and they exclusively catered to a medical demographic (an elder care facility or two, as well as a major hospital, were right next door). Over the years, I would ride my bike there and buy two bags at a time— the owners were always very nice to me, but being a shy teenager, I’d have to stand outside for a half-hour or so each time, and go in talking about my grandfather, who the diapers were for, and asking their opinions on what would be best for him. (Of course, this incontinent grandfather didn’t exist!)

I’m absolutely thrilled that they’ve embraced the ABDL demographic, and look forward to giving them my patronage when I visit home next month. More than anything, though, it’s surreal to read this thread and think about how much their business model has shifted since my childhood... teenage me would have lost his damn mind seeing a store like that!

I’m so tempted to check out this store!

That sounds like a awesome exspirience. I wish there something like that close to me. Well I would probably be to nervous to go in even if there was close to me.

It looks like I might be in atlanta in late october. Guess I'll have to go there and see what I can buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back