Status
Not open for further replies.

Yooo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Do you ever experience the glue on the leak guards or the backing coming undone due to using a barrier cream or petroleum jelly? It seems like the leak guards come undone, and then after a while, the whole backsheet becomes separated on the backside and the padding falls out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t surprise me. Diapers are made from Oil. Only the fluf in a diaper is organic. Diapers are glued together in a machine that spits out 100’s of diapers per minute. No time for really melting/fusing the components. The glue can let go in solvents, you will end with the components.

Good luck.

Never had any problem like that... That's weird, really...

I've had a few leak guards separate - more frequent on crinklz and bambino bellesimo's, hadn't has the issue on abu or tykables products

YES! I have noticed this! I've also noticed that if you wear long enough with some kind of cream on depending on the diaper it can actually put a sort of hole in the padding in the middle of the diaper where it's like its dissolved the inside of the diaper. Has happened to me before.

I've also noticed that many creams seem to completely negate the glue on the tabs if you get even the slightest amount on them on accident.

Yooo said:
Do you ever experience the glue on the leak guards or the backing coming undone due to using a barrier cream or petroleum jelly? It seems like the leak guards come undone, and then after a while, the whole backsheet becomes separated on the backside and the padding falls out.

YES YES YES

Specifically, I have problems with the leg elastic outright falling out of bambino and dc amore diapers if they get wet with (walmart) baby lotion. And many diapers have their elastic band(s) escape out of the top of the leak guards and try to dig into my skin. Confidry don't escape the top band, but the leak guard itself separates from the liner, OR the liner separates from the shell at the leg cuffs.

This also happens when I use gold bond eczema creme. Unfortunately, that's where it NEEDS to be, so I just have to deal with the adhesive separation by morning. :p

Let me know if you find a fix for this problem, other than just avoiding mixing certain diapers with (almost any) creme.

Don’t know if it will help , but good old fashion udder balm works wonders as a rash preventer and can be found in the dairy section of any farm supply store.

So I guess this is a problem that nobody talks about then? I've tried putting the barrier cream on my tush, then laying the diaper on my bed, and sprinkling powder on the backside and middle, but it only helps slightly. I end up having more headaches with the powder getting on my clothes, or the diaper sagging too much, because the diaper now slides on my bum 🤣

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well i am pretty passionate about not using petroleum based products, it primary diapers are cloth and plastic pants ,so when I do wear disposables they don't get exposed ,i do have seperate diapers and black plastic plants that remain seperate both in wash and storage from the rest of the fleet for use if I have a rash or infection , on one occasion while having a rash i had a standing leak guard come undone on a NS supreme, that i beleive was a cause and effect i has used balmex diaper rash cream that morning and being a doctors appointment out of town means along time in one diaper 16 or more hours ,i had been very liberal in application of course that afternoon I felt that regret on that one because the elastic was making itself unwelcome in my diaper area and had no time or place to change it .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back