Not open for further replies.

DiaperLink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Hi guys. I'm still new to being an ABDL. And actually I've been an ABDL for along time now. I just havent fully gotten into the thing. And I need some advice! Well for starters. And sorry for taking offense. Can doing ABDL activities help you with therapeutic reasons? Like using it as a tool to reduce stress levels, help cope with anxiety, escape from worry issues? The only reason I'm asking is I'm going through ALLOT right now and I would like to take time and to explore my ABDL side. But I don't know what to do. Sorry for asking or being offensive. I was hoping someone could give me some advice and tips on being an ABDL. Like what clothes should I buy on my "free time". Where should I hide them if I don't want people finding out about it. Etc. Or what kind of bottles or pacifiers I can get. Especially a crib if I intend to sleep in one at night. Sorry guys again. If you can help a fellow ABDL out I would appreciate it. And I want to explore in wearing sissy clothing. Can anyone give me advice on what to get? I wear size large shirt and 34/32 pants. So I wouldn't know what to buy. Thanks! Sorry if I'm being offensive I'm just trying to explore. And what do I need to do if I want to regress? How does it work? Thanks. ^_^

As for your first question, there are a lot of people that find being an AB to be very therapeutic, they use it as a way to relax because you are giving up control which is something that a lot of us need to get through stress. It's also something some people use as a way to relive a childhood that was missing something or they weren't able to have a normal childhood at all. Myself I've just never felt like I've grown up but I will admit that it does take me back to a simpler time when my family was still here which makes me very happy.

Most of the other things that you are asking about are purely preference. As far as bottles and pacifiers go, some people use the types that are designed for babies and are perfectly happy, some modify them to be a little easier to use such as enlarging the hole in the bottle nipple for better flow. Others prefer the ones that are designed specifically for adults so although they don't look quite as authentic they are designed so that they are more comfortable for the adult mouth. I use Nuk trainer cups, I have one that has a relatively fast flow that I use for juice and water and one with a slower flow for my morning ice coffee (my one adult vice) and my night time milk because drinking milk too fast gives me a tummy ache.

It seems as far as cribs are concerned most people have had to have them custom built wither by themselves or discreet craftsmen. From what I can tell however they are very expensive. The other route is that you can use one that was actually made for a child but you best be small, not only because they are made for someone that is not very tall, but there are weight limits and if you look back through this site there are some stories of people trying and them breaking. This is still a dream for me because of how expensive it is and my husband likes me to sleep with him.

Lastly clothing, I'm not really able to help too much with this, I am biologically female and make or modify most of my own little clothing. I would assume however since sissy clothes are geared toward men that they would have mens sizing in mind, however you may be best off getting a soft tape measure and measuring yourself. Most posting whether it be on e-bay, etsy or regular retail websites they more often than not have the sizing in inches or centimeters listed.

Hope this helps a little.

As Little Andrea has said, many AB's find their baby time or little time to be therapeutic, I'm in that boat myself. Honestly, nothing chills me out and helps me forget about the hustle and bustle and the frustrations of adult life more than simply throwing on a diaper and a onesie and regressing. In fact, I think when many AB's and Littles encounter stress or resistance in their adult world, their desire to regress spikes. So, yeah, one can explore their AB/DL and Little side as a means of therapy. I often say that my baby side is both a part of myself and a form of therapy.

As far as advice and tips on being an AB/DL or how to be an AB/DL, I'm not sure anyone has the answer. All ABs, DLs and Littles are different from one another and these sides of ourselves can be quite diverse and varied. The best way to figure out where you lie as an AB/DL is to simply explore.

I have some broad-stroke tips that could help guide you through regression and discovering some of the ins and outs of your AB side, for instance, try writing a list about what activities appeal to you within the AB/DL realm, also, do some self-reflection and try to think about hobbies, shows and items you enjoyed when you were an actual child. Taking stock of such things can give you a rough idea of how to begin exploring this side of you, it can give you ideas for things to try, items to buy, etc. At the end of the day though, everyone is going to be a little different, so there are really no good answers on this front I'm afraid. When you have the time, simply explore some of your AB/DL desires, the more you practice and the more comfortable you become with them, the more you will begin to understand what being an AB/DL means to you :)

As far as hiding places, I find having a bin in the closet works, I know some AB's go even farther and I've heard of some having locked safes. When I lived with my Mother, my hiding place was a large dresser, if you removed the drawers from it, there was a ton of space between the base of the dresser and where the drawers sat, enough for a small box of baby items and diapers when removed from the package. If you live on your own, however, there really isn't any reason to hide all your AB items, unless company is coming over. Right now, my diapers line my closet shelf and my baby clothes are folded neatly away in a rubbermaid bin inside my closet and sometimes they're even hanging right up alongside my big boy clothes :)

As far as the Sissy question is concerned, I wouldn't know much about that, I'm a baby boy through and through, but there is a Sissy section on this very site and I'm sure some of the members there can better advise you on that.

I wish you luck with whatever it is you're dealing with as it sounds as though you have a full plate at present. I'll also say, there's no need to rush things if the opportunity isn't there. When the time and space reveals itself, take stock of what behaviours and objects appeal to your AB side and simply explore... also, be sure to have fun when you do :eek:

Good luck to you :)

I do not see anything offensive about your question.

Yes it is a coping mechanism. so there is not anything "wrong" in using your fetish for that purpose.

The level you want to take it to is entirely up to you and as long as you can distinguish between real time and little time your are doing just fine.

Thanks! Now my main question is. I have ibs and bad anxiety and I have to wear diapers. My therapist is really open minded and I told her my brother is an abdl. And she was cool with it because she said that's his choice. Now if I went and go a head and told her hey. I'm into this whole adult baby thing and I find it to be thereputic. Because we've been trying to find something to help me calm my anxiety and my anxiety levels are out out of control. Do you think she will tell me to continue what I'm doing since she was cool with my brother being an adult baby? I also heard they got adult baby nurseries where you can go to and chill out at. But I don't want to take any chances. Thanks.

I noticed the double post, but I'll chime in and answer what you have posted here as it's different from the post made in the Diapers section and seems more AB oriented.

First off, therapists are often really understanding and non judgemental in todays day and age. Why, there are even kink and alternative lifestyle friendly therapists that are completely fine, open and accepting of AB/DL. Chances are that if this therapist was OK with your brother being an AB, they will likely be quite alright with you being one too, especially if this lifestyle choice aids in relieving your stress and anxiety.

As to your second question, there are ABDL nurseries that provide services to ABs, but they are usually by appointment only and you would have to pay a pretty hefty amount to take advantage of one. If you were looking towards these nurseries as something comparable to a hotel or a safe space, a place you can go to just take off some time and regress peacefully, then you might be sorely disappointed. AB/DL nurseries cater to all facets of the community, not just those who consider this a lifestyle or a part of themselves and as I said, you really have to have a lot of money and time on your hands in order to set foot in one of those places and take advantage of the services they provide.

In any event, I wish you luck in managing your anxiety and I do hope that your continued embrace of your AB side will assist you in curbing all manner of stresses in your life :)

I use diapers and regression to escape from grief and depression. It redirects my mind, mostly in terms of regression. I'm probably going to find a psychologist or someone to help deal with depression. I'm not sure if I'll bring up infantalism to this person. It will be a one problem at a time sort of thing.

To be honest this is the primary reason how/why I do it. Regression is how I let off steam, so to speak. I have a lot of invisible disabilities, many of them mental, and regression is one of the tools in my toolbox that I use to deal with the day to day (along with the proper use of my prescribed therapy and medication, of course). Having a diaper on, to me, is almost like wearing a soft security blanket during the day, while at night it is a needed protection and relief from the constant anxiety that I'm going to end up with a wet bed. While it's a huge help with the bipolar and anxiety, I don't know if I'm going to bring it up with my therapist--I mean, it's a little left field, and I know it works, so why bring it up right now if it might clutter things up?

I don't see anything wrong with exploring this side of yourself if it's making you feel better. I was apprehensive in the beginning because it is admittedly unorthodox, but it helps me so much that I lost that wariness rather quickly. You don't have to go all in right away; you can start with little (heh, little) things one at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back