Furries hating Babyfurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be OK as long as you're taking care of your diaper business and not like, leaving them laying around used everywhere. :p But you don't seem like the kind of person to go and do something like that.

Have fun! :3

CuddleWoozle said:
You should be OK as long as you're taking care of your diaper business and not like, leaving them laying around used everywhere. :p But you don't seem like the kind of person to go and do something like that.

Have fun! :3

Thank you for the reassurances CuddleWoozle, that does make me feel a lot better. I'll be taking care of the diaper business in my hotel room and sealing used ones up in plastic bags before disposing of them in the bin, so I definitely won't be doing anything that could make someone uncomfortable within the visibility (or smellability) of other con goers. I'll also have two fur friends there with me the whole time so in the off chance that someone does give me a hard time I'll have a couple friends there for support. :)

Last edited:
Speck said:
So far everything CuddleWoozle has said here is 100% fact, if anything the opinions expressed are being downplayed a little. But in my opinion, they're both equally as bad. One thing I will point out that Woozle didn't is that compared to your typical 'Furry' 'Babyfurs' are generally more hypersensitive which is a major turn-off for most Furries and my help explain some of the flack they receive, at least from my experience.

In regards to Woozle's first post I'll leave this here for transparency

One thing this video did not cover was the ongoing unwillingness of con organizers to ban as appropriate and hold people accountable for their actions. This wasn't just something that suddenly happened and most of the problems came from known attendees year after year.

I had so much fun at RF2015 and no one was harmed in the process. I think most would say the same and if we could have removed or reigned in the toxic attendees, maybe we'd still have it.

It's like you have those people that are honestly the reason you can't have nice things. :p

CuddleWoozle said:
It's like you have those people that are honestly the reason you can't have nice things. :p

I think that is the same in the world at large no matter where you go and what you do, lots of people are highly opinionated and will complain about all kinds of things they disagree with or outright hate.

I think when it comes to a community with people that share a lot in common like Furries or ABDLs, and obviously BabyFurs and DiaperFurs are in the middle.

we don't have to like everyone in our Communities, but we can tolerate most of them; while also having standards and dissuading people from doing things that will make most of in those communities look bad.

I will also say that people should at least try to get some understanding of people in their communities that they may think are a certain way to know what it is actually like and not just display outright hate because of a few people that are poor example of a group those people say they hate; basically a Furry can at least get experience in (and not just with the most obvious BabyFurs) before they outright say "I hate all BabyFurs".

Jin15 said:
Geez, I never knew there was such vitriol towards babyfurs in the furry fandom and I've been casually involved in the fandom for around 20 years. I mean, I knew most furries think we're kinda weird but I've never seen anyone get super bent out of shape about it. I guess I've just been lucky avoiding drama lol

Reading through this thread did make me slightly concerned about a fur con I'll be going to next week though. I've never really gone to a fur con before in all the years I've been a furry (I did briefly stop in at one last year for a couple hours before getting sick and having to go home, but that probably doesn't count as "going to a fur con" since I didn't even attend any panels or events) so this year I decided to make a proper trip of it and commission a conbadge of my fursona to wear to the event. And of course my fursona is a young fur wearing a diaper, so now I'm a wee bit concerned that people might try to mess with me and give me a hard time over it.

Is that something I should be worried about or am I just being paranoid?

I have seen the same thing.
But have heard of some being abused but not the norm.
There are rules for baby furs at a conference.
Rule number 1 no messing of diapers unless you're truly incontinent.
because there was a complaint years ago that somebody was pooping there diapers in the elevator with everybody in it.
Rule number two take your diapers double bag out to the trash can outside.
In the beginning we were very much accepted but the first complaint on rule number one and then there was another complaint that people found use diapers in the hall.
Rule number three no exposed diapers.
So usually fursuiters or anybody wearing diapers out showing are told not to and that's common sense really we have children at these cons.
Leave your rooms clean and tip the wait staff generously for having to put up with you know you products.
Basically it was just common sense.

Now now there have been cases where people that aren't babyfurs have planted stuff.
Being diapers in the parking lot and stuff like that to give the baby furs a bad name.
But seriously the diapers that were planted with something a babyfur wouldn't wear depends like Pampers.
If you use common sense you're fine.

Jin15 said:
Geez, I never knew there was such vitriol towards babyfurs in the furry fandom and I've been casually involved in the fandom for around 20 years. I mean, I knew most furries think we're kinda weird but I've never seen anyone get super bent out of shape about it. I guess I've just been lucky avoiding drama lol

Reading through this thread did make me slightly concerned about a fur con I'll be going to next week though. I've never really gone to a fur con before in all the years I've been a furry (I did briefly stop in at one last year for a couple hours before getting sick and having to go home, but that probably doesn't count as "going to a fur con" since I didn't even attend any panels or events) so this year I decided to make a proper trip of it and commission a conbadge of my fursona to wear to the event. And of course my fursona is a young fur wearing a diaper, so now I'm a wee bit concerned that people might try to mess with me and give me a hard time over it.

Is that something I should be worried about or am I just being parnoid?

Just don't room with anyone in the same bed, or, the same hotel. I'd probably stay away from the pool.

I heard the furry convention cubhubs are pretty overrun with drug usage though these days. Cons are cool, but I feel like it's just like any regular anime convention except more drugs in general than an anime convention. Personally I think I had more fun at an anime convention than a furry convention when they were at the George R. Brown convention center in downtown Houston. If there's on-site food I wouldn't eat it because it's usually outrageously overpriced. At TFF I had a lot of fun in a kigu playing fursuit games though. It was very nice of them to not hate for wearing a kigu, it was very fun infact!!!

P.S. As a rule of thumb just absolutely make sure to lock your car and be prepared to spend awhile finding somewhere to park.

Tornadoe said:
Just don't room with anyone in the same bed, or, the same hotel. I'd probably stay away from the pool.

I'm not too worried about the accomodations, since I'm rooming with two diaper-friendly fur friends at the hotel. They're not AB/DLs themselves but they're totally cool with it and have seen me walking around in a diaper (and nothing but a diaper) more times than I could even begin to count IRL. They're both casual nudists that never wear clothes when they're in private indoor places so we've all seen pretty much everything is to see when it comes to what's under our clothes lol. Don't think the hotel we'll be staying at has a pool so that's no worries either, and I don't drink or do drugs so I won't be getting mixed up in any of that business at the con.

For anyone who might be curious, my first fur con went amazingly well! I was so nervous going into it and scared that someone might try to mess with or make fun of me for having a diapered fursona on my conbadge, but from the moment I got there every single person I met was friendly and welcoming and the whole con just had a great atmosphere of excitement and inclusiveness.

I went to a bunch or panels, met, talked to, and played games with other furs, picked up some really cool furry merchandise and art from the dealer's den, and someone even gave me a cute little sticker for my conbadge that said "*Crinkle Crinkle*" on it hehee. The best part of all though was that for the first time in longer than I can remember I got to have a weekend where I didn't feel like a weirdo and actually felt like I fit in somewhere, which is something you just can't put a price on.

It was the most fun I've had all year and I am little sad that it's over but I'll definitely be going back next year, and I got invited to some monthly local fur meetups so maybe I can make some local fur friends there. :)

I didn't think to snap any pictures at the con, but I did take a pic of the loot I brought home (with the naughty stuff cropped out to keep it PG):

ogtd3YA.jpg

Reactions: TiggyCat
I am actually quite well-known by another furry name, but this intolerance of diaperfurs is why I created this alternate fursona of Francis Ashley. What others would think of me if they found out that I came to love being in diapers is why I'm so far in the closet that I'm in Narnia.

So far, only four others know who I really am, and only because they themselves are close friends who are also into diapers.

On the upside, I've recently seen signs of acceptance of babyfurs and diaperfurs. One con had a babyfur party in one of the panel rooms in the con space, with con staff at the door ensuring that nothing interfered with it. Another con also hosted an ABDL panel. Still, I think I'll stay in Narnia for the time being.

FrancisAshley said:
I am actually quite well-known by another furry name, but this intolerance of diaperfurs is why I created this alternate fursona of Francis Ashley. What others would think of me if they found out that I came to love being in diapers is why I'm so far in the closet that I'm in Narnia.

So far, only four others know who I really am, and only because they themselves are close friends who are also into diapers.

On the upside, I've recently seen signs of acceptance of babyfurs and diaperfurs. One con had a babyfur party in one of the panel rooms in the con space, with con staff at the door ensuring that nothing interfered with it. Another con also hosted an ABDL panel. Still, I think I'll stay in Narnia for the time being.

I really think many don't really care that much. You really only notice the ones that do right?

Every time I see a self centered furry say that babyfurs are pedophiles I'm going to pull the furries are into bestiality card and see how they respond to that. Ever since the RF2015 we have become the cherry picked strawman scrapegoat section of the fandom.

It's not just furries vs babyfurs... We are all taught at a carry young age that "We're better than them". You see it everywhere if you take a min to look.
Furries are "better that babyfurs because we're not pedophilrs."
Gays are "better than drag queens because we don't get into rediculess outfits and embarrass everyone in the pride parade."
Transwomen are "better than cross dressers becous we're women now."
I'm better than him because at least I'm not trailer trash.
The klan thinks whites are better than blacks.
Trump supporters believe they're better than Democrats
And Jews...
For some reason we get taught at a vary early age that we NEED to be better than someone.
I don't get it personally but there it is.
As for myself... IF I'm a better person today than I was yesterday... I'm ahead of the game. And trying to be better than "them" is just BS.

Yeah, the diapers and letters sent out all over the place in the video reek of sabotage and feces. I was involved with a Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Gaming convention for awhile and it really burns me up to see that level of destruction. Organizers have to be really proactive or they won't have a con anymore and the people who attend need to be mindful of how easy it is to lose something you love so much--what happened at RF was completely disgusting.

Proactive organizers would have tried to find and eject the offending parties and even start patrolling around to make sure things are not destroyed and kept clean. The con I went to had a pretty good con security team--several of these volunteers were military veterans too.

Yeah, I did a lot of drinking and inhaling of illicit substances and I still managed to not make an ass of myself like that.

Malcontents who tried anything like what those people did at RF would have had a permaban...

So we're going to now make this political? Just wish for once the political garbage can be left at the doorstep.

CrinklesTheBunny said:
So we're going to now make this political? Just wish for once the political garbage can be left at the doorstep.

Goodluck with that, some people are too Narcissistic to leave Politics out by the front door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back