Not open for further replies.

EtherealKitsune

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
As the title says, has anyone tried Tykables diapers?
I'm considering trying some in the future. They seem to be decent quality and their price is very competitive compared to most other brands I've found.

EtherealKitsune said:
I'm considering trying some in the future. They seem to be decent quality and their price is very competitive compared to most other brands I've found.

I've only tried the Overnights, but they are pretty good diapers comparable (but also having differences compared to) to ABUniverse Little Pawz.

The only thing I sort of dislike is how it not being a cloth backed diaper (only having a cloth landing strip so the "velcro" style tabs work), also the plastic is less firm that something like Little Pawz (not completely bad, it holds up well enough).

They are definitely one of my favorites.

Last edited:
EtherealKitsune said:

Tykables is one of the well-known and often liked diaper brands here. They sell several different physical models of diapers, and some of them have a variety of different prints to choose from. As you mentioned, they're one of the best performers for the price too. The thing about them that doesn't get discussed much is they also have their own line of clothing that goes with their flagship diaper pattern. It includes not just shirts and pants, but also other things like socks, sheets, pillow cases, shoes, and more. They're the only ABDL store that offers such a variety of branded products.

I like their premium capacity diapers, but it's their humble Little Builders that I wear the most. The diapers I choose to wear at home varies greatly, but I wear Little Builders exclusively to work every day because they're purpose-designed for daily wear to work/school, being thinner, but still functional capacity, comfortable, soft plastic, easy to retape velcro, and good leak guards. (they're basically the perfect wear-to-work diaper) Tykables also has IMO the best velcro diaper tapes on the market right now. They hold well, the tape panel isn't too hard or rough, the corners of the pulls don't jab the wrists, and you can even tape down on the plastic part of the shell for when it's time to roll them up for disposal.

I don't personally have a use for their middle tier waddler diapers, but I do wear their overnights/galactics from time to time, especially overnight on weeknights when I don't need huge capacity because I can't sleep in.

They're definitely worth a try. They DO fit a little on the small side, so if you're on the fence for size, go a size up.

im not a fan of tykables diapers. the back sheet is too thin for me, the fact that every one of there diapers is the velcro tapes is annoying and i think the sap is clumpy. the fit is good though and the way the diaper unfolds and stays part way up makes putting it on easier.

The Overnights and the Galactics are among my favorites. They are my go-to diaper for overnight wear. While I prefer tape diapers for aesthetic reasons, the velcro fasteners fit much better and are adjustable.

I put on a Galactic last night before bed and am reminded of their comfort and good velcro tapes, but I noticed something else too. The padding and overall shape of the diaper is pretty much identical to the MyDiaper Plus I got last week. The Plus don't have front OR rear elastic, use double tapes, and don't have a tape panel, but those are the big differences. Padding looks identical, same feel and stiffness and even the quilted and pressed pattern is the same. They definitely use the same manufacturing process and materials.

Tykables overnights are currently my favorite diapers. I like the Velcro fasteners. They're good for times when I want to spend the day in a dry diaper, which requires me to take my diaper off in the bathroom several times over the course of the day.

I also appreciate that they have three sizes (unlike some of the medical brands). Since I'm a heavy wetter and a stomach sleeper, I need a night diaper to ride a bit high. In some brands, a size L is much too large for my 37" waist. Size L Tykables are just large enough to give me the protection I need.

As for their other clothing, Tykables jeans are great. They fit very loose in the seat, by design. The polo shirt onesie is a clever idea, but the sizing doesn't quite work for me, since I have a long torso. The play shirt / shorts combinations are cute. The shorts are on the long side.

Tykables overnight are the diaper I have first used. They are comfortable and the swell on them are amazing. I want to really explore the other product lines in the near future.

Tried the Tykables "Waddler" and "Galactic" and was very satisfied with their performance in terms of absorbency speed and capacity.
If you are into these colorful diapers they do also the job a diaper is actually made for - soaking. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back