any updates on PeekABU XL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So what's the word on when we will see the (rev2?) PeekABU XL back in stock?

and someone please remind me, what changes were made for rev2? iirc it was moving the upper tape up and leaving the lower alone to increase separation?

NeverKnow said:
Yes. These are the changes. (Casey mainly mentions the bottom tape there. I didn't try v1, but I can confirm that the upper tape is definitely very close to the top. There is a lot of space between the tapes.)

EDIT: See also some pictures.

Thanks for the link.

yICUq9ml.jpg

(rev1 on left, rev2 on right)

Good: upper tape moved closer to top
Bad: lower tape not moved closer to middle

(I would also like to comment... on the (size large) batch I got, the two tapes were significantly closer together, the lower tape was in a good position but the top tape was way too close / too low)

I suppose it's opinion, but there are very few diapers that place the lower tapes much more than halfway down the back wing. The original crinklz were that way, and so are the confidry iirc. But that's about it, at least for common brands.

The problem I see with that is I try to make the lower tapes grab onto the diaper in the line where the leg elastic is. On many diapers, my lower tapes go right about where the elastic ends. And that helps snug up the elastic in that diagonal crease in my crotch as it goes up and out to my hips. That just seems like a natural point to go, and keeping the elastic IN that crease seems like an obviously good ide.

Lowering the lower tape forces me to attach the lower tape well below the elastic band, and makes it very loose near it's top end. This also makes the leak guard fit very loosely against the skin in the front. This is BAD for anyone that's a side-sleeper. I don't side-sleep much, but I find the "low bottom tapes" fit really awkward. Again this may just be what I'm used to, but I jsut don't think diapers were intended to fit around the waist so low.

comments/discussion?

I'm running low on diapers and need to order more. Waiting to find out if they will have them soon. I have not been able to get preschools in plastic backed since December. Need something similar very soon.

NeverKnow said:
Sorry, by "much more than halfway down" do you mean much higher or much lower? On ConfiDry the top of the lower tape is just below halfway down the back wing. You mean that the majority of diapers are putting the bottom tapes too low?

Clarifying, I believe the best location for tapes is for the top tape to be about 1" from the top and angled directly toward each other very near the top, and for the lower tape belongs about in the middle and angle downward in line with the leg gather elastic.

The reason I like the lower tape in the middle is because the front of the diaper has to come up and in to contour around the front of the body, and that's the direction you want the bottom tape to pull, is toward the back and up a little. It can't pull UP if it's BELOW where it need to be pulling. It also tends to pull the front wing sideways and drag the leak guards up and out of the crease in front, which is totally NOT what you want to happen.

Low bottom tapes end up pulling the lower part of the front wing straight around the hip and not really pulling up at all. This removes a lot of the tension on the leak guards and leg gathers in the front, and makes for an uncomfortable, leaky fit.

I can see where the other viewpoint is expressed though. I've seen several instruction drawings on diapers where they show the top tapes coming in and down, and the lower tapes coming in and up. In my experience though, that's really bad placement.

I wont be buying these I find tapes that low restrict movement and come loose ��

NeverKnow said:
Yes. These are the changes. (Casey mainly mentions the bottom tape there. I didn't try v1, but I can confirm that the upper tape is definitely very close to the top. There is a lot of space between the tapes.)

EDIT: See also some pictures.

Ooh, yeah thanks for the link. I haven't tried the V2's yet, but was pretty well impressed with even the V1's. Will have to try them out again soon.

And OMG! They fixed the bottom tapes to actually be right at the bottom! That is a HUGE improvement. Yea, no more "no lower tapes" problem.

I really liked the V1's. But these look even better.

I don't like the tape placement on these at all. Good for nursing homes, but not good for comfort. Move the bottom tape up a bit, and the top tape down slightly.

Honeywell6180 said:
I don't like the tape placement on these at all. Good for nursing homes, but not good for comfort. Move the bottom tape up a bit, and the top tape down slightly.

It's interesting to see such a wide variety of opinions on the position of the tapes. I want the lowers up and the uppers to stay put, you want them both to move, a number of people like the lowers down as far as they are...

I wonder how people are getting better fits with the tapes in positions other than what I prefer to see?

*gets in a fight with her padding about tape placement and comes out with it stuck on her head*

This is how I wear my pamps now.

This is fine.

*giggles*

I honestly don't have much of an opinion on tapes as long as they hold. XD I can work with placement, can't work with 'Escaped Tape'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back