Physical ABU stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
I was curious if anyone has gone and bought anything from one of the abu warehouses in person, and would like to share stories and experiences. I realized that I could actually drive to one of them so the more I think about it the less I care about the long trip lol I've never bought from them and I'm just really curious about what it's like in there. Any experience in this is greatly appreciated :3

I've been to the Everett warehouse a number of times. I did not patronize them under the previous ownership but I was there starting the first week they were open to the public. It's interesting to buy in person with no question that the products are for me. All my experiences there have been good ones. I liked it better before their waiting room and display area but there are practical benefits. Ask for a tour of the warehouse if you go.

I have bought from the Everett warehouse as well. The staff is awesome and everybody is willing to give you opinions on diapers and such. The first time was a little weird for me because I had never talked to anybody openly about diapers in person before, but this faded quickly because they were so relaxed and non judgemental. It helps that they are all abdl too ans are, more often then not, wearing while on the job. I’ve even run into another customer once and it was good. We just said hello and talked about our favorite diapers. I love going there.

It really sounds fun to hear other people's tales, Trevor you mentioned a display and waiting area? What is that like? And how about the Baltimore spot? Would it be the same there or does anyone know if they work different?

FallenWolf said:
It really sounds fun to hear other people's tales, Trevor you mentioned a display and waiting area? What is that like? And how about the Baltimore spot? Would it be the same there or does anyone know if they work different?

In Everett, it's near the entrance. They've set up a little room with product displays and bags of each diaper they have currently available. There's a couch and hassock with coloring books and the like for people while they wait. There's a desk for the ABU rep to work at with a computer so they can enter orders. There's a changing room near that to try on onesies or test diapers to get a good fit.

Trevor said:
In Everett, it's near the entrance. They've set up a little room with product displays and bags of each diaper they have currently available. There's a couch and hassock with coloring books and the like for people while they wait. There's a desk for the ABU rep to work at with a computer so they can enter orders. There's a changing room near that to try on onesies or test diapers to get a good fit.
Wow it seems like they really went all the way with it, I had imagined a generic warehouse setting. I hope the other one is just like that.

The employee's & reps at abu are awesome people, very informative and kind, I met then in numbers twice at a private event called teddy con. They are just fantastic, love to hear feed back (even if something is negative) and they were a great help with onesie sizing (prob the hardest thing to size for us adults, since we are all different shapes and sizes)
So if you go there in person, ask to be sized in a onesie, even if your not planning to buy one yet, just get your size so you know what to order if you decide one day that you want one.

How long will they stay in business? I can’t imagine them being really profitable. ABU after all, is only after money. Just like Apple has a reality distortion field that will tell you everything they make is new and revolutionary, ABU has one that will tell you they care about you.

In reality: its about youre money. If a store doesn’t add profit, it will close. So unless a store has an alternative function for creating profit, it will depend on enough people buying stuff and giving free R&D product enhancements.

Apple, ABU, any other commercial venture: they are all after money. Most of the time I feel that ABDL people forget that ABU, Bambino, etc are just companies and not part of a community.

Roland007 said:
How long will they stay in business? I can’t imagine them being really profitable. ABU after all, is only after money. Just like Apple has a reality distortion field that will tell you everything they make is new and revolutionary, ABU has one that will tell you they care about you.

In reality: its about youre money. If a store doesn’t add profit, it will close. So unless a store has an alternative function for creating profit, it will depend on enough people buying stuff and giving free R&D product enhancements.

Apple, ABU, any other commercial venture: they are all after money. Most of the time I feel that ABDL people forget that ABU, Bambino, etc are just companies and not part of a community.

While a lot of businesses DO run on that model, they don't all have to. I believe that's more of a "big business" model, where there's a board of directors strategizing to keep their thousands of stockholders happy. Those stockholders are rarely interested in the methods, they just want the highest value for their stocks, and have no problem voting people into and out of the board to squeeze the most juice out of the orange. In those cases, yes I firmly agree "it's all about the money, and if they seem to be nice or generous, it's all just a means to an end"

But smaller businesses don't have to follow that rule. There will always be some customers available in a market that look at more than just the price tag when making a purchase, or when contemplating brand loyalty. And so there's always a niche in the market for a small business to flourish even though they aren't taking all the cut-throat opportunities they encounter. Those small businesses often forego a bit of their margin, in exchange for improved image and customer relations. They can settle for 10% growth instead of 15%, without anyone breathing down their neck to take steps to maximize their profits. Some of those owners consider it a fair trade to "run a business using more honest and honorable methods".

And I think for that reason I will always prefer to do business with smaller outfits, or at the very least, share some of my business with them. Sure, I shop at Walmart, but I also hit up the small grocery store down the street just as often.

Roland007 said:

Personally i don't care if they're in it for money, that's how a business works, but i dont think that means their staff doesn't care about their customers because why would you intentionally start a company in a niche market if you only cared about the money? But they have something i want and i'm happy to pay them for it so i see no issue.

Also, I see you're new here so, welcome! :)

- - - Updated - - -

pampers4U said:
The employee's & reps at abu are awesome people, very informative and kind, I met then in numbers twice at a private event called teddy con. They are just fantastic, love to hear feed back (even if something is negative) and they were a great help with onesie sizing (prob the hardest thing to size for us adults, since we are all different shapes and sizes)
So if you go there in person, ask to be sized in a onesie, even if your not planning to buy one yet, just get your size so you know what to order if you decide one day that you want one.

that sounds like it would be really fun, i might actually do that if i go and am able. i never even considered buying a onesie before but i kinda want one. thanks for the tip!

Ive been to the Maryland warehouse and it was nice. It was cheaper to buy from the warehouse because there is no sales tax on diapers in maryland. I will say you have to look for it to find it though.

TheGazelle said:
Ive been to the Maryland warehouse and it was nice. It was cheaper to buy from the warehouse because there is no sales tax on diapers in maryland. I will say you have to look for it to find it though.

not to mention no shipping charges!

I had no idea there was a warehouse you could visit and buy from. LOL

I mean, I knew there were warehouses, just not that you could show up and say 'hello!'. (I'd want to buy padding and drive any forklift they had...BEEPBEEP!)

How neat would it be to visit one of these places. As far as them making money, don’t forget they’re the ones putting everything on the line to bring a very niche product to a select group. Lots of risk involved. I don’t have a problem with them making a profit.

When your refering to ABU, that statement is not completely true.
Bambino, Tykables, Crinklz, etc have also invested in niche products.

I'd kill for some sort of physical ABDL shop to open down here, if one could get started in New Orleans I'd buy there all the time. Maybe one day if I ever have enough capital to my name to start anything.

Roland007 said:

I don’t think Casey has ever put up smoke screens and I really hope this business stays the way it is for a longtime.

The difference I see with ABU is their products have been consistently improving rather than giving into the the dreaded shrinkflation, they are upfront about changes to their pricing models (eg shipping), when they have had significant product problems (eg the old tapes) they have always been upfront about it and even offered run out sales on them + finally the staff at ABU are AB & or DL.

Not many businesses I think deserve supporting but so far ABU have a place in my heart same as my local comic shop.

I’ve got nothing against organization making profit. If ABU delivers services that you want to pay for, why not.

Relating to this thread, i just question the viability of physical stores because I think there are not enough people to keep a shop running.

Roland007 said:
I’ve got nothing against organization making profit. If ABU delivers services that you want to pay for, why not.

Relating to this thread, i just question the viability of physical stores because I think there are not enough people to keep a shop running.

:hug:

We have nothing against you having an opinion and discussing either!

It is my hope that ABU have gotten all that worked out and scaled to a workable level with multiple smaller warehouses rather than one massive forever stuck with the rent model.

As an example here in Australia we used to have Paddingplus ran out of a home that stocked ABU, Geoff the owner is a personable character and eventually became ABU Australia, while they have moved house since they still have a local pickup option from their home so it’s still scaled to the local market.

TheGazelle said:

That's great that it's cheaper as an incentive to go in, is it like an actual shop on the inside like the Everett one,or just stacks of boxes and a desk type of place?

- - - Updated - - -

Roland007 said:

I get what you mean but this place's warehouse and store are the same place and I feel there is enough money and staff to set up a display and help the occasional walk in customer without setting them back a significant amount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back