Do diaper covers work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, thanks all of you. I'll look into some of these ideas. Btw, I do already use a PUL cover. I just don't like leaks in there that stay liquid/unabsorbed -- it will leak out eventually.

But just wondering: Is there such a thing as a cloth pull-up? Like a granny panty but designed to be absorbent? Thanks!

Update: Googling "LeakMaster" I found a pull-up of theirs. Promising.

Last edited:
diaperedwetter said:
Hello carol,

This is what I wear over my diaper, covered with a waterproof pant. I wear size medium normally but for this terry pant I use size small ant it works perfectly. The leaks are absorbed by the terry pant and I can use my diaper to its maximun capacity.

https://ca.babykins.com/collections...l-on-pant-100-cotton-adult-cloth-diaper-20800
Sorry, this post wasn't intended for me, but...
I had a quick look around the site and that's what I found:

https://ca.babykins.com/collections/adult-terry-lined-plastic-pants

Carol, this may also work well for you, too.

Carol,

I am a heavy wetter and a bedwetter at night. Also, I am a side-sleeper. For night I need lots of absorbency, so I wear a premium high-absorption diaper with a large booster pad, then a heavy cloth pullup over the diaper, then two pair of PUL pants (different sizes). That combination rarely can leak.

You can find quality cloth pullups from Kins (BabyKins), Amazon, and other sources. I prefer the double layer terry cloth versions from Kins. Be aware that this is a thick and heavy cloth pull-up. Look for "KINS Double Layer Terry Pull-On Pant 100% Cotton Adult Diaper 20850 (E – Super Large – $21.00)."

The alternative is to use only cloth diapers at night. That is even more effective and also less expensive in the long run. When I wear only cloth diapers at night I can go for months without a leak.

--John
(double incontinent)

jdinvirginia said:
... so I wear a premium high-absorption diaper with a large booster pad, then a heavy cloth pullup over the diaper, then two pair of PUL pants (different sizes). That combination rarely can leak.
You don't take any chances, do you? :) But being a heavy nighttime wetter myself, occasionally leaking, maybe I'll end up doing something similar. The bulk doesn't matter when you're asleep in bed.

More useful tips, y'all...thanks! I'm new here and finding this to be a great site.

carol said:
You don't take any chances, do you? :) But being a heavy nighttime wetter myself, occasionally leaking, maybe I'll end up doing something similar. The bulk doesn't matter when you're asleep in bed.

More useful tips, y'all...thanks! I'm new here and finding this to be a great site.

I used to use thick cloth at night as I too am a heavy wetter and side sleeper. (The adultclothdiapers leakmaster). It turns out the bulk can hurt you, as it did with me. After a few months wearing them (no leaks) my hips started to hurt. Just a little at first, but by the fourth month I would wake up with really bad hip pain. I sleep like a rock though, and often will not even turn over in bed. I'm pretty sure laying on all that bulk and not moving for 8 hours is what was causing it in spite of having a tempurpedic mattress.

Ultimately I had to switch to disposables again. I tried Confidry, and then Northshore supreme, but both would leak on me at least once every few nights. I now use Betterdry/Crinklz and they might leak on me only once every month or two at worst. If cloth ends up not working for you then you may want to give them a try.

Yes, I have discovered Betterdry/Crinklz and they are great.
Probably your hip issue is more related to side-sleeping (combined with the bulk). I sleep with my legs somewhat spread, on my back, regardless of the diaper, and I've never had a problem. I guess changing your sleep posture is tough though.

re the hip pain, i had the same problem until I stuck a pillow between my legs from groin to knees, or i sleep in stable-2 position with the crooked leg over the pillow and my belly resting against the pillow (not on top of it).

Carol, as I have used only cloth diapers at night for years, my current ensemble actually is less bulky! I hate waking up in a wet bed. With this combination I get a sound night's sleep. As I said, I am a heavy wetter. I am double incontinent. Due to my bowel incontinence and chronic severe constipation I stay more hydrated at night than I otherwise would.

--John

I can say yes. I have been using plastic pants for a few months now. I wake up to a wet diaper almost every morning. Just recently picked up some terry lined plastic pants. Those work great for keeping the bed dry at night.

Yes they are a must for me at night... I really like the ones from FUU BUU out of Japan they are made from a pul maternal and a extra wide waist and leg band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back