Suppliers Question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSABDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Recently bought a couple bags of Crinklz from Northshore. Hate paying the shipping charge. Anyone know if LLMEDICO is reputable? I noticed they did not have the selection of Northshore, but free shipping on purchases over $49.00.

Any other suppliers that you feel meet the expectation and would recommend to someone new to the AB space?

- - - Updated - - -

35.00 + Free shipping Hell YEAH!

25.00 + $10.00 shipping Hell NO!

1st World problem for sure.

I'm not familiar with them. I just wish NorthShore had free shipping on orders over $50, or at least on cases, like LLMedico or XPMedical. But alas, no. I'm pretty far from NorthShore's warehouse, so it's like $13 shipping for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yooo said:
I'm not familiar with them. I just wish NorthShore had free shipping on orders over $50, or at least on cases, like LLMedico or XPMedical. But alas, no. I'm pretty far from NorthShore's warehouse, so it's like $13 shipping for me.

But I must say that I choose NorthShore because of their superior customer service. It can't be beat IMO.

It’s a trade off. You want free shipping then prepare for prices to increase. What’s the difference in paying $65 +$15 shipping or paying $79.99 with free shipping? Nothing is free!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medco is reputable,i sometimes see the owner on DD like if they have an overstock or get shipped the wrong item the will post it at a discount to move it .
I use Northshore because of the service and up till now avoiding the tax on Medco ,if i dont pay shipping I pay tax which is more money.
The one thing that i have told Northshore a thousand times is they leave money on the table ,simply because i buy in bulk it's cheaper that way ,except at Northshore they don't have any discount for large orders , so i buy a majority of my stuff from places that do offer a quantity discount for large orders.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

KSABDL said:
Recently bought a couple bags of Crinklz from Northshore. Hate paying the shipping charge. Anyone know if LLMEDICO is reputable? I noticed they did not have the selection of Northshore, but free shipping on purchases over $49.00.

Any other suppliers that you feel meet the expectation and would recommend to someone new to the AB space?

- - - Updated - - -

35.00 + Free shipping Hell YEAH!

25.00 + $10.00 shipping Hell NO!

1st World problem for sure.

For those that buy multiple bags or multiple cases at a time...it works out a lot cheaper to have the shipping separate and not built into the price. That is why we've stayed with this model over the years.

I find ABUniverse to be very reasonable with shipping, yeah it sucked to see free shipping go, but a small shipping charge is better than seeing a great company go out of business due to rising expenses.

In regards to other companies, better to charge accordingly per amount of product ordered rather than already have it built into the price to make it "free" shipping.

I'd rather just pay the shipping for it. Like they said, the shipping costs vary. I used to see people on eBay offer stuff for a crazy cheap price but then the shipping for the item was insane.

Like, an action figure that usually goes for about $20 for $2, but with shipping charges of $25. I've had some people add random and completely unrelated items to the box to bring up the weight and increase the shipping cost I had to pay them. I don't get that...O_O But there was one comic seller who stuffed the envelope with two completely unrelated comics and at first I thought they were loony. But then I realized that they may have been used as 'packing peanuts', two 'worthless' comics to protect the one I actually bought from being damaged in the mail. In which case that's pretty hilarious. (They were 'junk' comics, ones given out for free advertising or promotional stuff, with billions of them around and not worth the paper they're printed on.)

But I haven't found the shipping to be ridiculously expensive with Northshore. Pretty reasonable, actually. LOL It takes a lot of work to get things from here to there. There's the packaging up, labeling, putting it onto a truck, taking it off of that truck at a distribution center, then onto a different truck, off that one and into another distribution center, onto another smaller truck and finally it's on it's way to my house. Shipping isn't just "Put it on the truck", it's like a crazy game of pass the parcel only no one gets to unwrap anything. So if I gotta pay $20 for shipping, I'm cool with it. They gotta make money to take care of their trucks, buy fuel, and pay their drivers. :3

Honestly I'm sometimes impressed by the ability of logistics companies to NOT lose everything. It happens sometimes, but it's unusual. (Actually, had that happen on an international eBay order. Got package 1 and 3, and 2 was lost somewhere for a month. Then it showed up, taped back up with an inspection label on it. I said they just wanted to play with the action figures I'd bought. XD)

NorthShoreAdam said:
For those that buy multiple bags or multiple cases at a time...it works out a lot cheaper to have the shipping separate and not built into the price. That is why we've stayed with this model over the years.

I was reminded recently that shipping charges (for personal shipping) vary not only on weight, but on distance.

Is that the same for businesses? The farther it goes the more it costs to ship?

If that's the case, then products that "freeship" must be averaging the shipping costs that they build in, making it a "better deal" for customers that are far from the depot, and a worse deal for those that live nearby?

Use llmedico a ton great service and they are fast

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

bambinod said:
I was reminded recently that shipping charges (for personal shipping) vary not only on weight, but on distance.

Is that the same for businesses? The farther it goes the more it costs to ship?

If that's the case, then products that "freeship" must be averaging the shipping costs that they build in, making it a "better deal" for customers that are far from the depot, and a worse deal for those that live nearby?

Not only does shipping rely on weight and distance, but it also relies on the size of the box. Every major shipping company (FedEx, UPS, DHL, USPS, etc) use something called dimensional weight. If a box weighs less than they feel it should, they charge you for what they think it should weigh. It's usually about 10 to 12 pounds per cubic foot, so if you have a 12x12x12 box that only weighs 2 pounds because you put a teddy bear and some candy in the box, they'll still charge you as if it were 10 pounds (or 12, depending on the shipping company).

To the best of my knowledge (from a company that does a lot of shipping), companies are charged the same way individuals are, but they get a discount due to the volume that they ship.

Thanks for the reply. Very happy with your company thus far. Competitor knowledge is a good method for cost cutting. I will always choose dollars and cents, over anything else as this life style is not cheap by any means. I have metrics by which I base my decisions on for purchasing supplies, and albeit odd when talking about luxury items such as diapers, I tend to purchase with many companies if they can beat the competitor by a penny. Not to say that your customer support is not worth the extra.

A perfect example of what baby Tyrant is talking about,there's a radion shop 8 i work with that charges ten dollars shipping for orders under $1000 .now if your buying dsme resistors, your jot buying them there they can put it an envolpe and shove it out the door with stamp for 50 cent , it's cost ineffective to shop there ,whereas any place else would fo just that rape it to a sheet of paper with piece of cardboard and done ,on the other hand you are buying a 7-8 dollar linear power supply that weighs 60 or more pounds 8 its a bargain and half .

i love getting mine from northshore great people to deal with very fast not sure of the time but if you do get ordered by the set time they have it ships same day and i also get my order the next day love that part to

My three cases per month arrive via UPS on the fourteenth of every month ,since i only use them when going out i have a ton at home and give most of them away ,since cloth is what i use at home and for sleep i havent had a day in many years were i was needing a clean diaper and didnt have one .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back