Diaper fell apart in public - So embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi 32bit,

just a view word to this accident... I had also a couple of years ago my problems with OAB that went to wet. It took me 1.5 year to come back to a more or less normal state - and even as a DL i can say that I start to hate my body the pads and diaper at this time - and it was nothing that I would whish my worse enemy. How ever - the good news is - that OAB is in a lot of cases curable. So it‘s propably a good idea to think over this. Check with your doc - I‘m pretty shure he can help you to find way‘s to cure it or at last make it better.

For me it was a pretty hard way - starting with bladder training and kegel exercices and then because this was not that successful with spasmolytika. The pils were the worse part of the storry, because it was realy hard to find ones that a) work and b) have acceptable side effects. I stoppt the therapy a couple of times because of theside effect, how ever in the end I was successfull. If have now a bladder capacity of 380ml (roud about 200ml before) and 15 to 20 minutes time to finde a toilet. It still can happen in rare cases that the bladder muskle spasm, but I learned to deal with it (no coffe, beer etc...). I‘m realy happy that I don‘t need that pads anymore and use diaper only on long trips where chances hight that I could reach a toilett in time. I‘m still a DL (this is not that easy to cure...) but you can belive me that I have a complete different view to this after that experiance.

Accidents/mishaps are bound to occur when wearing any protection. You might want to try a pair of plastic pants over your diaper or try cloth diapers and plastic pants if you are having frequent problems (or where an accident would be a severe embarrassment or otherwise be a major issue).

I´m AB and having IC issues as well, but I always carry my backbag with me wherever I go and if I spent time with my friends on the town or whatever. I keep spare diapers and other changing supplies there (Now there is Little Pawz)

Now, what comes about diaper failures.. having diaper rippened on the backside in the middle, tapes popping out suddenly and tapes ripping off the plastic on the front are all familiar things what have happened to me at somepoint, but gladly those haven´t happened to me while being in public places. It is good to be aware and prepared for this kind of situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back