Diaper thickness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashmir

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So i want a thicker disposable diaper the dry 247 is good the rearz safari is ok but i really want a disposable that is thicker is there any thing that is out there that is noticably thicker with out double diapering or using cloth

You could put boosters in to make it thicker ,i like the NS large

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Mojo said:
So i want a thicker disposable diaper the dry 247 is good the rearz safari is ok but i really want a disposable that is thicker is there any thing that is out there that is noticably thicker with out double diapering or using cloth

If there was a disposable thicker than Safaris I bet there would be a lot more talk about it >u<
If only there was a super extra poofy and cushy disposable diaper, hopefully someday though! :fingerscrossed:

You could just double up with the Safaris and not poke any holes in the first diaper. You get all the poofyness of two diapers without possibly under utilizing the second outer diaper.

And like Mojo suggested, you should try using some boosters.
Here's a list on the few different brands I've used over the last few years:

~Rears boosters have a little more dry poofyness and swell nicely, but are shorter and not as wide as the others I'll list here and cover a smaller portion of the padding.

~ABU have their Power-Up boosters which aren't full diaper length and are thin when dry, but really do swell a lot when wet and are nice and wide enough to sit just in between the standing leak guards.
A really good option if you're wanting raw swelling capability for an alright price.

~Bambino Diapers also carry boosters, Quadro(The Bambino version of ABU Powerups) and TotalDry Ultimate Boost Ups(The most absorbent of the Totaldry line).
The Quadro is basically just ABU PowerUps, they were just around first. They aren't dry poofy, but have a lovely scent and swell plenty when wet.
The TotalDry Ultimate are somewhat dry poofy but when I used them they tended to really, really swell. The amount of swelling from these were kinda crazy to me, a few of them even swelled so much they burst.

~Abena Abri-Let Maxi boosters are soft and thin when dry, but are longer than the others and are more a proper guard to guard width.
These are my standard "go to" day time addition to my Abena M4s and use 2 for my night time wearing.
They swell decently when wet, less than the NorthShore boosters, but not as much as the ABU/Bambino boosters(almost as much as the Rears boosters though).
I recommend these if you just would like to add a few to help up the dry poofyness, you get a lot in a case and the pricing isn't very expensive.

~ And last but certainly not least. NorthShore Large Booster pads are really decent and build sturdily, swell a lot(closest to the ABU and Bambino boosters I've noticed) are a more proper guard to guard width, they aren't full diaper length.
If you want some better swell factor I suggest these for the price, they perform really well and don't go super overkill on the swelling factor.

And you've already said you don't want to use cloth, but getting a larger velcro/snap on AIO or the like to use over your disposables will really up the waddle factor.
Works as a decent cover, adds a bunch of bulk and poofyness and they come in so many designs, colors and patterns!
Though it would be another laundry item, just like regular diaper covers and plastic pants they obviously require laundering.

It's been discussed before, quite recently actually, and I'll repeat my comment. I prefer to wear a thicker diaper rather than boost a thinner one. They perform better, cost less overall, and just "feels more honestly like a diaper" to me when I don't have to modify it. I'd much rather just pull a fresh one out of the bag and tape right up and go.

I suppose some will still be looking for more bulk between their legs, but a wet Safari is plenty thick for me!

The Rearz Safari line is as thick as it gets, for disposable diapers. I don't really like booster much. the work well enough but feel wrong.
Doubling up on the Safari works. Tripling them works, too

Better dry or crinklz swell up quite well

Seconded, the entire betterdry line swells up to be larger than Rearz. It also absorbs more, and lasts much longer before leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back