A brand new trading card with real damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So a lot of Dragon Ball Super Holographic cards some with some sort of "Defect" (not really considered a defect though because of how common it apparently is) where the cards can have a Horizontal or Vertical line that is missing the Holographic material, I've even come across a few cards where part of the card is a darker shade than the rest, these aren't considered a big deal.

But I have pulled a card fresh out the pack today that came with real damage, which would stink if it were a $50 or $100 card (there are some cards worth around that if they are rare and/or useful), but thankfully it's a really cheap card.

The pictures below show damage on the Characters chest (I think Pectoral is the right term?).

http://imgur.com/N08dokC
http://imgur.com/1hck7iB

If this was a US postal stamp, it would be very valuable. Many years ago they printed an airmail stamp and the image of the plane was accidentally printed upside down as they must have used a double strike printing press. Those stamps are very, very valuable. I wish I had one. I have one of the normal ones. I do have a U. S. stamp that was printed in the 1700s.

dogboy said:
If this was a US postal stamp, it would be very valuable. Many years ago they printed an airmail stamp and the image of the plane was accidentally printed upside down as they must have used a double strike printing press. Those stamps are very, very valuable. I wish I had one. I have one of the normal ones. I do have a U. S. stamp that was printed in the 1700s.

Yeah but I dont think damage on a card would amount to much (if any) value, unless it were some sort of rare misprint type deal; what I got looks like some sort of machine that sorts the cards had pressed hard on one spot and damaged the card right before it went into a pack and shipped out (had it been a much higher rarity card maybe they would have inspected it prior to shipping it out)

I have in my possession a Harry Potter book that was bound upside down. It's one of the textbooks that she did for charity work. I thought at first it was meant to be like that, but then I realized it was actually a screw up on the part of the binder. XD It's not just one section, the entire thing is upside down and backwards. Meaning that to read the book, you have to flip it over and hold it with the cover upside down. Like a kid who can't read in a cartoon.

I also have a really old copy of Alice in Wonderland that re-printed a section mid-page. Like, you're reading and suddenly you're re-reading what you've just gone over two paragraphs before. Then it goes back to the story like nothing happened. I've always found that one to be hilarious because it suits the nature of the book to just throw something weird at you.

I've no idea if they're worth a lot of money or not, I keep them because they're crazy and they amuse me. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back