Diapers and Confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

hub121

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Do you feel that wearing diapers increases your confidence?

I know they do for me. I don't care if people know that I wear one, as long as I'm comfortable, that's all that matters. (to me)

Not confidence, but I do enjoy wearing as it is a little secret that I have all to myself. Makes me feel happy.

For me it’s the opposite. They are stress relievers in a certain sense - but they also kind of put me in a state of shame/smallness. It’s hard to describe

I'm definitely more confident when I'm NOT diapered. Being diapered is relaxing - but being around people there is always that back of mind nagging sense of: do I smell? Will I leak? Is my butt sagging? Can you hear me crinkle?

I'm a very outgoing confident appearing person in my professional life - diapers definitely are more of a comfort/stress reliver.

It's interesting, like some others have said I feel more comfortable and whole when I'm wearing a diaper, not necessarily more confident or anything like that, but then again, I don't wear 24/7 and I don't always wear when I'm out and about either.

One thing that I have noticed though, is that after a few days of regression time and wearing, I'll feel like a new man, I'll be refreshed, recharged and ready to take on the world and my adult responsibilities. So, in a certain sense, I guess my diapers and regression time contribute to confidence somewhat; the comfort, security, joy and relaxation that being a baby and wearing diapers brings, leaves me feeling confident after the fact, not during, but after (as I said, during I'm much more safe and contented). This is one of the reasons why I like to regress before I have a big contract to work on or a school project, regressing and diapering up clears my mind, relives stress and then, when I tackle what's in front of me, I do so with gusto. Of course, I try to fit in some regression and diaper time every week, regardless of how my schedule is :)

Reactions: JOCKMAN
I think you're going to get different answers, hub121 depending on who is strictly AB/DL and who is incontinent. I can understand having more confidence knowing you're not going to wet your pants in public. That makes a lot of sense to me. I'm AB/DL and I'm just as confident either diapered or not. I figure they don't show anyway, so what's the difference.

babybobby said:
I'm definitely more confident when I'm NOT diapered. Being diapered is relaxing - but being around people there is always that back of mind nagging sense of: do I smell? Will I leak? Is my butt sagging? Can you hear me crinkle?

I'm a very outgoing confident appearing person in my professional life - diapers definitely are more of a comfort/stress reliver.

Exactly the same for me. I enjoy my diapers, don’t get me wrong. But I find that my personality and anxiety shift while wearing them - usually but not always in public.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As for ME yes. I defiantly feel mor confident in diapers. But it's not JUST the diaper. Plastic panties are also a part of it.

I am definitely more confident in a diaper as I am dealing with an OAB issue and I no longer have to worry about not making it to the bathroom ontime as most times I het no warning before my bladder releases.

hub121 said:
Do you feel that wearing diapers increases your confidence?

I realize that's a popular thing, (especially if you're IC!) but it's just not something I notice or care about.

I just like being diapered. I can't explain it beyond that. I'm comfy and happy and content to be padded, and don't want it any other way.

From time to time I'll think to myself "I'm glad I'm wearing a diaper right now". I don't exactly know why or how, I just know that I am, and I don't ever want it to end.

I recognise that feeling of internal satisfaction, but I would say that it does manifest as positivity and confidence on the outside too. There are obviously situations where having the nappy on 'just in case' is reassuring, even to someone who is completely continent, but this isn't what I'm thinking of. I'm constantly reminded of the astronaut association; I walk along thinking 'Wow, I wear nappies just like [insert name of space-hero/heroine]' and a bit of that pride bubbles to the surface. Since going 24/7 I am finding that increasingly overrides the little feelings I used to associate with nappies.

When my bowel problems kicked off, leaving the house was a real struggle, and a complete nightmare. When I started wearing nappies, it completely (though not immediately) changed that.

Hi, yes diapers give me a lot of confidence on a daily basis. In the past few years I have noticed some slight Incotinence issues and also that Pee a lot more than I used although I’ve always been one of those people that drinks a lot of stuff to. Also a few years ago I had I surgery to save it but vision I had left in the one I that I have that still kind of works so now I need a white cane and various pairs of sunglasses as well as using my ears and getting help from people to navigate around the city and cross streets and also taking the bus. Needless to say this is changed my independence quite a bit and I now find that it takes me a lot longer to get to places sometimes I can get lost and sometimes I have a hard time crossing streets and need to go out of my way to get to a safer place to cross, all this combined with the fact that using a white cane makes you way slower in general as you walk down the sidewalk. So all these factors combined with my bladder issues just make it very tough for me to easily find or get to a bathroom in a safer of manner before it is too late and I have an accident so this is why I have found wearing diapers has helped me a lot . They’ve given me the confidence and freedom to be able to get around at my own speed without having to worry about where the next bathroom is or makes very unsafe decisions in an effort to get to one on time

I don't think they're good for my confidence. They sometimes make me anxious that I might be discovered wearing them but I've worried less and less about that over time. I enjoy wearing them and it fulfills an urge but they don't boost my confidence.

I use Diapers or Pull-Ups as a Coping mechanism but I don't Feel Confident in them, I only get Comfortable when I'm with someone who Wears diapers or pull-ups too, Like you guys. But when I'm with someone who Doesn't know That I do this, I get scared thinking that They'll Laugh or Yell at me Or hurt me and I just Avoid talking to them a Lot. It makes me feel Isolated from everyone I know.

I find it varies by situation... at work and in public I'm definitely more at ease, but around people I'm close to I'm more anxious. I think the level of intimacy with the people I'm around plays a role there, as does the probability of intimate contact.

I'm actually having a sleepover with my BFF in a couple of days, at which I plan on disclosing to her... after that I think it'll get a little easier.

Not for me, when I know that I'm going to an event where it will include a lot of social interactions it will make me less confident. So, I would rather not wear them while in social interaction, but the significance of reducing stress is unbelievably very helpful for myself.

Yes for me, diapers = confidence.

However, this is greatly dependent on having the right kind of diapers I can trust will not leak. If I were to wear depends, the only confidence I'd have is it will leak, and probably soon. With stress loke that I'd be too non-confident to even go outside. With Betterdry, I'm confident enough to go most anywhere even if I'm already really wet (except a pool of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back