Whats were the lengths you've gone to get diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have done some pretty stupid things when I was a child to get adult incontinence pads. I feel ashamed to admit it but I have stolen them from my special needs school. I think at the time I was desperate and didn't think about the consequences. I was caught numerous times and then sent to a child psychologist which worked in my favour because it was decided that my foster parents should purchase them for me and I got to wear every night from 11 to 17. At the beginning they had a good behaviour chart where if I achieved stickers in my chart I could continue to wear, then it just routine wearing every night. I wanted to wear during the day but they never allowed that. When I was around 12 my foster mother kept saving ''if you wear all the time you'll end incontinent'' God how I wished to become incontinent!!

I went out late one winter night (I was in 7th grade) and rode my bike across town to buy some depends (my parents were not home but I don't remember why).
The sun was down and while I had a flashlight, I know it was dumb because I had to cross a highway and the store was on the other side of town.
I wouldn't do it again though.

At the risk of appearing to glorify it, I'd say that stealing diapers is practically a rite of passage for adolescent ABDLs. But yeah, don't steal. When I look back at my youth, I can say without a doubt that the stupidest thing I did in pursuit of diapers was steal them from the diaper bags of my parents' friends when they came to visit. At the time, being a narrow-minded kid, my immediate fear was of the embarrassment and certain punishment I'd have to endure if I was caught. I've since come to appreciate that the far greater risks were my parents' friendships with those people. If they'd known, would they have ever come back to the house where the teenager stole one of their baby's diapers? Probably not! *Shudder* Not cool.

Of course, when you're older, even if you aren't ABDL, you can almost certainly look back and spot things you did that could easily have ruined your life if they'd gone any differently than they did. For me, this is one of those. And I have more.

I was desperate enough to steal from a store when I was too young to get a job, but I knew I had to break the habit and did so before I eventually got a job and then started to buy some of the better quality diapers online - it started with ordering Medical Style Diapers from XP Medical when the last/original owner still owned the company, then eventually I ordered from ABUniverse (got ripped off by the last owners as they did to a lot of people before the current owners took over, I love the Current ABUniverse and could never reccomend them enough, they are all about providing good products backed by a good experience and customer support should anything go wrong)

When I was six years old, I'd steal diapers from a neighbor. They had three kids and I played with the oldest, but then there were the other two....boo-wah-ha!

moved form where I had access to my neighbours nappies to a new estate where most families has young babies. Us to steel cloth and plastic pants from neighbours clothes lines

Stealing them from family friend's diaper bags. As a teenager I did this frequently and risked my parent's and my own reputation.

I was also the 11 year old kid that rode his bike 4 miles across town to the supermarket to buy diapers for myself, I remember the first time doing it, I had this whole plan worked out in my head if I got called out or saw someone that my family knew, nothing happened, I got my jumbo pack of pampers and for the next 3 years this ride every few weeks would become a new norm for me. I def enjoyed the rush of riding to the store, def had a lot of drive.

I used to work really hard and rode my bike all over town looking for empty bottles I could return. Or when I couldn't find enough bottles I'd take our lawn mower or snow blower and start going door to door. I'd get enough money to buy a pack of Depends, and am glad to say I never stole to get my diapers.

First time I got my hands on some diapers was back in 7th grade, I took some from my school. They had a daycare there, I think it was sunday mornings.

there was a few clean unfolded diaper scatterd on the floor of an apartment complex I picked a few up. aaaaaaaaaaand it was on camera

From the age of 4 up to the age of 8 I wore plastic underpants over my underwear (only during certain periods, not continually) to bed due to logically needing them when I had several nighttime accidents. Though I do not recall wearing this protection after age 9 I did have a plastic mattress cover on my bed until age 11 or 12. Being into "normal" underwear at night was fine by me at age 13 but then misunderstanding wet dreams I went and bought plastic underpants at the local drug store and hid them under my mattress. I recall the fear / excitement of biking home with a blue box in a bag that clearly stated Gerber Plastic Underpants Boy size Large. If someone I knew would have pulled up next to me and asked 'what's in the bag' I was going to have a tough time not answering factually and then being asked to let them see. I created all sorts of excuses in my mind as to how I could keep anyone from making me open the bag (i.e. 'it's a surprise for my mom and I do not want anyone to know'....or 'my mom told me to come straight home and not stop for anyone'....etc.) So biking home with plastic underpants was my 'pushing the limit'.

Eventually my mom changed my sheets as usual and I think she must have seen them but knowing my history of accidents at night she must have thought I needed them and I was taking care of the situation myself and did not say anything. My obvious wet spots in the front of my underwear that I put in the wash hamper were probably the obvious factor to her. I then decided to keep my plastic underpants in my underwear drawer beneath my regular underwear and she must have seen them occasionally since she place my washed underwear in the drawer. Overall not a very brazen story but an exciting one on the bike ride home!

Hmmm...the lengths I've gone to?

In the UK, I would purposefully shop out of town, in a place I wouldn't be known or recognized, and I'd even arrange longer car trips around incontinence stores (known as mobility shops), if I could find one roughly on the way. Always a rush of excitement walking in and asking them if they had [insert diaper here]. Only ever had one slightly moody woman, mostly everyone was cheerful and eager to help out, assuming that I was just as embarrassed as they were talking about it.

But just this week, having found that Canada are much more open about selling diapers, I have spent several hours visiting every thrift shop in town just to see if they have been gifted some diapers. Oh boy! Found some Goodnites for Girls XL for $3.00 (they fit me woop!), Tena pullups in S and M for $5.00, ATN mediums, Depends, Poise pads, Tena Extra Slips, and much more. All for a max of $8 a pack (most retail at $22-ish)

So yeah. I spent a whole afternoon driving round everywhere. There's tonnes of stuff available at low cost, if you're not too fussy about what you try.

I would steal them from under then bathroom sink and closet of the daycare/after school care I went to. I would also sneak them into the cart under stuff my mom was buying (she often didn’t pay attention) or say I was buying them for my dolls but actually I was buying them for me

When I first started purchasing incontinence nappies from a disability shop (mobility shop in the U.K.) I think it must off been a dead give away they were for me because I very nervously kept telling the person they were for my grandmother. Nowadays I confidently purchase without giving any details away.

In 2006 I spent 5 months holidaying in Goa, India and desperately wanted some adult nappies, I google the hell out of it and found a small little pharmacy in Madgaon about 25 miles away from where I was shopping in Palolem. I ended up riding a little moped on a very busy and dangerous road being passed by speeding and overloaded trucks. I wasn't used to the main roads so was feeling very intimidated by it. When I got their they were cloth backed all-in-ones worst then any shop brought pads. I was surprised I couldn't find anything better.

I always kept a few of my nappies that my mother gave me for bedwetting in 2000. My sister (born that year) stayed in nappies until age 3, so once she got into the larger sizes, I had no problem taking some of hers. I also never wet or did anything in my nappies, so there was never a massive demand to get more. Nevertheless, there were occasions where I went a bit out of my way to expand my nappy collection.

A woman in my neighborhood left a box of Huggies at the kerbside, for the binmen to collect I'd imagine. I think her son had either been toilet trained or grown out of that side, so she didn't need them anymore (I'd guess the former, because these were size 6 IIRC). I was around 14/15 when this happened. It was a big box, but there were only 5 or 6 nappies left in. I hurriedly shoved the nappies into my hoodie pocket and headed home. I still have a few of these nappies, actually.

Also at a swimming pool, when I was about 16. I found two Pampers Easy-Ups on the floor of a changing cubicle. I was at the pool with a friend, so I had to wait until he'd finished changing and headed to the pool before putting them into my bag.

I have 'stolen' nappies, I guess you could say. I stayed at a friends and her little brother wore the DryNite things. I swiped a few while he was sleeping.

I once got up early a saturday morning and drove 500km in total (about 5hrs) to buy a pack of betterdrys. My parents were gone that day only i think, and the store was only open from 10am to 2pm. So i paid about 900SEK/100$ for those diapers including fuel, ridiculous.

Cthulhu said:
I once got up early a saturday morning and drove 500km in total (about 5hrs) to buy a pack of betterdrys. My parents were gone that day only i think, and the store was only open from 10am to 2pm. So i paid about 900SEK/100$ for those diapers including fuel, ridiculous.

At that rate you may as well have bought a case or two, though I understand being short on money so I know maybe you didn't have that much to spend.

BabyTyrant said:
At that rate you may as well have bought a case or two, though I understand being short on money so I know maybe you didn't have that much to spend.
I could have bought more, but i didn’t have much time to wear and didn’t want to keep diapers at home for too long since i was afraid my mom would find them. If i had my own place i would keep a stash of all kinds of diapers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back