Bedwetting vs Incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.

hub121

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I wear adult diapers at night because I have a tendency to wet the bed. (my pjs, covers, etc)

Asking out of curiosity:

Is bedwetting (nocturnal enuresis) a type of incontinence?

I'm no doctor but I would say anytime you can't control your urine, you're ic.

I wear attends adult diapers for my bed wetting.Thay work well. your not alone.

hub121 said:
I wear adult diapers at night because I have a tendency to wet the bed. (my pjs, covers, etc)

Asking out of curiosity:

Is bedwetting (nocturnal enuresis) a type of incontinence?

yes it is a type of incontinence basic causes for males include Genetics. One of the first places to look for causes of urinary incontinence is whether there is a family history of bedwetting,Urinary tract infection (UTI), Small bladder, Diabetes, Kidney disease, Enlarged prostate gland, Prostate cancer, Bladder cancer, Side effects of medications,
Neurological disorders, Stress, anxiety, fear, and other psychological issues, Sleep apnea, and an imbalance of the antidiuretic hormone (ADH)

I suffer from 3 symptoms here Diabetes, sleep apnea and get sometimes very stressed from work all which contribute to me on average wetting my bed 15-20 times a month. I wear nappies to cope with it and have done now for a long time.

One word... Yes. 'Nuff said.

You are indeed dealing with an incontinence issue, unfortunately bed wetting as an adult can lead to day time accidents especially while napping during the day.

I'm not sure If I have Incontinence but when I want to Hold in my Pee It just spills out as My stomach starts Stinging but When I don't hold it in It I wouldn't Even notice myself getting Wet. So I wear "ABU Diapers" or "Goodnites".

PastelSaigoMaiden said:
I'm not sure If I have Incontinence but when I want to Hold in my Pee It just spills out as My stomach starts Stinging but When I don't hold it in It I wouldn't Even notice myself getting Wet. So I wear "ABU Diapers" or "Goodnites".

I Recommend you see your family doctor and request an urologist appintment as soon as you can sounds like you have a medical issue thst needs to be looked at sooner then later

Yes it is a sort of incontinence and you should as Rob110 says contact youre family doc to check out if something is in need of fixing . and i agree this may be a sign of Similar accidents" might sadly be happening in the near or distant future as well so probably a good idea to wear them at day as well id say im afraid

Originally Posted by PastelSaigoMaiden I'm not sure If I have Incontinence but when I want to Hold in my Pee It just spills out as My stomach starts Stinging but When I don't hold it in It I wouldn't Even notice myself getting Wet. So I wear "ABU Diapers" or "Goodnites".

Again i agree with Rob110 here to me it sounds like you might indeed starting to develop some cind of incontinence so better let the docs check things up to see that's nothing major in the making

Ah, Okay. Thanks!!

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I really appreciate it.

My incontinence comes from a combination of med side effects and hormone imbalance.

Rob110 said:
You are indeed dealing with an incontinence issue, unfortunately bed wetting as an adult can lead to day time accidents especially while napping during the day.

I wet the bed every night and have daytime incontinene too.

I would be a bed wetter but always protected by nappies at night... Damn right yes sometimes they leak so I guess technically the bed can get wet and for sure medically it’s a form of IC.

I do wish ADISC had a bedwetter (BW) or Nocturnal Enuresis (NE) category as an alternative to the IC category.

Argent said:
I would be a bed wetter but always protected by nappies at night... Damn right yes sometimes they leak so I guess technically the bed can get wet and for sure medically it’s a form of IC.

I do wish ADISC had a bedwetter (BW) or Nocturnal Enuresis (NE) category as an alternative to the IC category.

A bedwetters area would be good.

From my own experience and perspective, "Bed-Wetting" is "Incontinence".

caitianx said:
From my own experience and perspective, "Bed-Wetting" is "Incontinence".

Some of the medical proffession see it differently. My medical notes state I am incontinent and enuretic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back