Any capillary derps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ykdprdave

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
So I haven’t been in the loop for quite a while. Has any of the abdl lines adapted a capillary diaper yet? I think with the diapers on the market now, the only improvement would be capillary tubes for much better wetness distribution

Even the peekabu which can hold a ridiculous ammount still suffers from poor dispersion

I know baby diapers have them...

*shudders at the name*

That makes me think of blood vessels. Capillaries being the tiniest of them all. And then it makes me think that they're inside me right now and I'm totally distressed about my own bodily functions. O_O I need a nap, you guys/gals.

(Also, I totally thought this thread was about your tiny blood vessels screwing up.)

This would be so incredibly useful! It's only a matter of time before other manufactures catch on.

this would be so awesome. alot of the time i feel like im wasting half my diaper cause its not even used in the front and back. plus i think it would solve the leak while flooding a diaper problem.

NeverKnow said:
My understanding is that this technology is copyrighted, right?

It'll be great when it's implemented in adult diapers.

No, not copyrighted.

It is either a trade secret or patent, most likely a patent.

NeverKnow said:
My understanding is that this technology is copyrighted, right?

Copyright is for written texts and art. Trademark is for logos and other brand-identifying "marks". Patent is for inventions of design and process.

So this would be covered under Patents. (although the name "Absorb Channels" has probably been submitted for Trademark)

To be protected by Patent law, you have to file for the patent, and those process/design filings are public. There are mobs of people that comb through new submissions looking for new product ideas that they can "slightly alter" to not be covered under the patent, or to find out what their competition is up to. If you don't want to inform your competitors about your processes, you can just try to keep your process a closely guarded secret, aka Trade Secret, but you'll have very little legal protection if someone discovers and copies your methods.

You can just forego the patent process and make your product without one, which might allow you to bring your product to market and secure the niche before your competition can copy your work. Your competition can copy your designs and methods, but they will be unable to file for a patent because your design/process counts as "prior art". It will be difficult for you to get a patent granted after someone else is copying your design though. So it's a gamble that few take for anything significant.

Yeah, that's why major car companies have entire R&D sites dedicated to getting the newest cars and technology from their competitors, ripping them apart, checking the 'improvements' and seeing what they can 'steal'. :laugh: I dunno how many times I've been going somewhere and a freaky-looking car comes out of nowhere and starts following me. Sometimes they're 'painted' with a weird curly-swirled shrink-wrap and sometimes they just look like they're wearing a gigantic car-sized hijab.

It would be enough to make you think that you were going to be abducted.

I'm pretty sure diaper companies will do this, too. They can comb through patents, but they can also purchase a pack and tear it apart to see what's going into it. Whether they can use the same idea or not, it's good practice to know exactly what your competition is up to. ;)

It's also simple physics. I have a cloth all-in-one that has the soaker pad stitched down the middle to divide it into two separate channels.

I’m sure it’s patented, but where these abdl diapers are made patents don’t matter LOL. They’ll do anything for a buck, parents won’t stop them from manufacturing

ykdprdave said:
I’m sure it’s patented, but where these abdl diapers are made patents don’t matter LOL. They’ll do anything for a buck, parents won’t stop them from manufacturing

But then they come after the distributors, and when -they- lose money on the deal, they take it out on said manufacturers. XD

ykdprdave said:

well, they can make pretty much anything over in PRC, but the catch is they can't import or sell it where there are patents. A big chunk of that stuff will get caught in customs.

For those that like to read, scholar.google.com has 1000’s of scientific articles related to diaper design, development of diapers, wicking etc. One of the thing you’ll see is the word patent.

If your graduating at P&G ( or any other commercial organization ) they will take the IP and protect it.

This invention is really old. Before I moved to artificial plants or dark green ones that can live in the shade with little water, I would take cotton wire and put it in the soil of my plants. The other side, I would hang in a bucket filled with water. When I got back from my holiday, the water would have crawled through the wire and ended in my plant.

This same effect can be applied to diaper as well. Just insert a few thick cotton wires in the padding from the back to where-ever the fluïd is insert ( male / female ) makes a difference here. A real DIY solution.

There are is an Innovations that reduces the usability of this trick: diaper with lots of SAP tend to have less fast absorbing fluf. Your cotton wire will have to drain water of the SAP ( slow ). Fluf doesn’t chemically bind water so cotton or any other absorbing fiber can share and so distribute. This is a slow proccess but if you can replace the cotton wire with one with a higher hydrophilic index, it can go faster.

I've noticed adult diapers have tended to be 10-20 years behind baby diapers. This has held true with pullup versions, cloth like outer covering, waist bands, leak guards, you name it.

Pampers has only had those channels for about a year at most, so if that trend holds up we're still a decade or more away from getting them in adult diapers.

Customs isn’t going to catch it or do anything about it unless it’s already a flagged product from the manufacturer. They don’t just tear apart every package and check for patent infringements lol

I’m not all schooled up on how the patents work but if I’m thinking half ways correct the manufacturer could make them for direct sale to me (or whoever) and their would only be an issue if they we re-saled here. Kinda like what rearz is doing by having other’s products re-created but those aren’t covered by patents!

ykdprdave said:
Customs isn’t going to catch it or do anything about it unless it’s already a flagged product from the manufacturer. They don’t just tear apart every package and check for patent infringements lol

True, they usually require some complaints to be lodged and investigations to have taken place. (and likely some money has to have greased the palms and wheels of justice a bit too) You're much more likely to see customs check out a possible louis vuitton or nike counterfeit than a knockoff pampers, all other considerations being equal.

Exactly. Unless their was some good stuff in there and the narcs caught onto it, they aren’t going to pull apart everything coming into the country and check for patent infringement.

Now on the other hand with the Louis viton comment, yes if these diapers were pampers replicas in pampers packaging and obvious fraudulent replicas for resale, then yes they might definitely have some red flags go up.

I don’t ever see an issue with this in customs, just resale purposes as I thought the patent only covers someone basically stealing the idea and using it for profit. It wouldn’t take me all that long to go through a 40’ sea can of diapers myself 😂

ykdprdave said:
I don’t ever see an issue with this in customs, just resale purposes as I thought the patent only covers someone basically stealing the idea and using it for profit.

The original intent was to protect the entrepreneur or inventor. Some of the original texts and discussions describe "granting the inventor a time-limited monopoly during which they can reap the rewards of their creativity without others simply copying their hard work and stealing some of their sales. The original intent of these laws was clearly stated to have the protections expire after a very specific short time, after which the innovation was to pass into the hands of the public, for all to benefit from while it was still of some use.

Over time it's expanded to have a more broad stated purpose to include recouping the costs of your research and development. That's the main argument that big pharma have been using lately when selling $500/pill cancer drugs that are patented, giving the patients the options of price gouging or death. (I'm not a fan of that)

There have also been numerous changes and extensions to such laws, typically when some very rich holder is on the verge of losing protection for one of their valuable assets, and they send an army of lobbyists to congress to kick the can down the road a little farther. This often goes into the name of "providing the inventor's children with some benefits". And then 20 years later they start talking about grandchildren etc. It was never intended for that. In most cases it's never helping anyone's children or grandchildren anyway, it's only further enriching an estate or stock holders' portfolios.

(if you want to see real copyright abuse, go check out the protections that Walt Disney "bought" for Mickey Mouse)

If you can't recoup your investment and earn a fair amount from your work in 20 years, sorry but you had your chance, now hand it over so the rest of the world can benefit from and properly manage it.

(apologies if this is a bit of a rant, but it really grinds my gears)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back