How noticable are diapers when going out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
xpluswearer said:
There is one weakness to the plan to wear compression clothes or devices over your diapers. Its called "press out" if you do not allow your diapers to wick and absorb your urine or fecal matter you are setting yourselves up for failure and leaks and embarrassment and that is NOT what you desire right? I hope not. Diapers were not designed to be compressed upon your body or at least I did not believe it to be the case eh.

Depends on the diaper - depends on the sap and the wicking. (feces of course doesn't absorb and will always be capable of "press-out" - diapers are only supposed to "contain" that, with the help of the leak guards)

You get "press out" more when you sit than anything else. I think the biggest problem tight-fitting clothes are going to present is simply not allowing free movement of urine down the middle channel of the diaper to areas of dryer padding. If your padding is pressed against your body when you go, it's going to pool where it's at until the padding can gradually wick it down and around, instead of getting moved simply and quickly by gravity. (mostly a "guy-thing", the ladies obviously deliver their urine much lower in their diaper) That risks the pool flowing sideways (or up!) and around the edge of the diaper, and leaking in the front. Guys pointing upward of course make this problem much worse.

dlboylife said:
my therapist was telling me that she has had several diaper wearing clients and she could never tell when anyone was or was not wearing a diaper. that was intreaging on two points. one that i dont really have to worry about anyone seeing my diaper and that there are other diaper wearers out there.

Its probably basically impossible for a Therapist to tell because you go in and then you sit and talk, it's not like your going down the catwalk for them; some people can tell if there is a "waddle" and they know you dont normally walk like that, but that's only regarding people you see often or even live with.

Like some of us say, most people cant really tell and dont even care.

The only way most people would be able to tell out and about is if you make it obvious

If you wear a skirt or a long dress you might be good, but i dont think being discreet in diapers works very well with sskinny jeans and booty shorts

I would suggest loose clothing, anything that does not accent the edges of the padding.
My own concerns are from wearing in the summer. Waistbands can be easily visible so in the winter I tuck my under shirt into my pants covering them. But in the summer I can tuck a T-shirt into my pants with out me looking very awkward. Plus I feel like shorts have a tendency to highlight those padding edges I told you earlier.

Been diapered for 25 years some of that i actually walked ,have confidence ,if your uneasy other people will be as well ,i either wear a onesie (i have 300+ in every style and color you can think off) or i have an Abena body stocking to compress the real bulky ones.
Of course the body stocking my aide has to put me in and take me out because i dont have the strength to work the zippers .
Also getting a pair of pants one size larger helps .
I always 24 hours a day have a onesie on either as undershirt or primary shirt it enhances concealment ,and since cloth is my primary style of diaper it keeps the diaper in the best position for maximum use .

If you want to wear diapers you either partially adapt your wardrobe and wear intermittently or you eliminate the skinny close fit stuff . You can also buy diaper pants (that's what I wear ) they are cut different than regular pants and have hidden gussets in the back that can expand to accomodate even the bulkiest of diapers .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
You can also buy diaper pants (that's what I wear ) they are cut different than regular pants and have hidden gussets in the back that can expand to accomodate even the bulkiest of diapers .

I looked online briefly for those and didn't really find anything. Where do you look for those?

I'd like to find some slightly more roomy kakkis for work

We ( couple ) sometimes wear diapers when we go out. Wearing a dress or skirt works pretty good for women because they follow the shape of your body. For men, stay away from tight pants. If your diaper absorbs everything at the front, you want to have a long loose t-shirt or sweaters to hide the crotch.

Most people will not recognize the sound of a diaper but you should always try to keep it silent as possible. Most of all: dont worry.

All my US sights have closed , you used to be able to get them all over ,unfortunately you have get them from Europe now ,I bought like 40 pair when I bought them ,places like Bhmedwear used to sell them I don't know why they stopped .
bambinod said:
I looked online briefly for those and didn't really find anything. Where do you look for those?

I'd like to find some slightly more roomy kakkis for work

Unless you're actually trying to be seen, literally zero, regardless of what diaper you wear. Literally nobody is thinking about this at all. Hell, my wife will continually point out to me that I have diaper showing because she's actually looking out for it, and not a damned other person who isn't looking for it would ever see it.

Just wear what you want and be completely normal about it, and nobody will ever notice.

If you wear normal looking (not too tight) clothes and don't wear the diaper so long that the stale urine smells nobody will notice.

Try Silverts or i can think of there name theres a place online that makes custom jeans and khakis ,try googling "sitter pants" they are in there , oh he'll why don't I find them and then edit this!

Wheelchairjeans.com is a good company and if you tell them what your after they should be able to hook you up! Don't let the name fool you they make all kinds of pants

I think you have to find the right diaper and the right clothing to conceal it. I wear SDK V1's with a booster at home or under thick carhartt overalls. But they are too noisy and stick out too much to be practical in public. I use SDK V2's in public because they fit tighter, so they aren't noisy, they're super reliable, and the part that sticks out of my jeans at the top is plain so I could play the incontinence card if I had to. That said, its tough to conceal any diaper when its full! I do my clothes shopping with a half full V2 to get an idea of how things look. (i love clothes shopping diapered, it's half the fun!) Its taken me a while to find a clothing that works, but I've been able to find clothes for any occasion, even dress pants at work! Jeans are the hardest. I look for jeans that sit at the waiste (not below), and have good room in the seat. Silver jeans stretch out a bit too, so that helps once they are broken in. It all depends on your body type. And for girls, all it takes is the right dress or skirt (I'm envious in that department!).

The other part, as others have said, is that nobody really notices, and if they do, they don't care anyway. Most people are paying attention to what they're doing and aren't paying attention to you anyway. And if they do notice, they might have a thought about it for a minute and move on. I worried about this when I started wearing in public, but I've done it lots now and nobody really notices or cares. I love strolling through public places with a full diaper! Kind of gives me a bit of a rush! And I'm sure people can tell when I'm at capacity! That said, I live in a big city, and I know I will probably never see these people again. I'm much more carefull around friends and family.

For me, going about my daily business living the 24/7 lifestyle is what it's all about. It feels great. You just have to taper into it to find what works and become more comfortable. I love seeing people rocking the DL life! In my opinion, it's so worth the effort of figuring it out! [emoji4]

Let us know how you make out!

RG

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

tetra where do you find the diaper pants you talk of here

Right now I am not sure ,they are lower front ,higher rear ,calf pockets ,hidden gussets, mock fly ,and they open at the seams from waist to knee so you can stay Seated and not remove your pants to change, these and sweats are all I wear but all the places I used to get them have stopped selling them .I am going have to find a place to get them and post it .
dwayne said:
tetra where do you find the diaper pants you talk of here

I usually wear cloth diapers, a onesie and plastic pants. Have not had any issues with diapers showing. The onesie helps the most.

I just wear my boxers on top of my nappy, making sure it is all inside and then wear a shirt that covers my waistline.

I'm incontinent so I need to wear nappies, I suppose its a bit different if your wearing out of choice. The only times I've ever been caught is when coming out of toilets after changing. I use disabled toilets to change and I don't consider it unreasonable to consider incontinence to be a disability and normal toilets don't have space or the faculties to change properly. Anyway as I'm only 20 and otherwise look perfectly healthy I've been confronted after using disabled toilets.

Diapers aren't really noticeable out in public :)

Sheepies said:
How reliable are always discreet?
If you slow wet, they're good for about 4 or 5 hours. I've had good luck with mine.

I have worn diapers out in public a lot and no one has said anything. I usually wear a plain onsie, but have worn just shorts. I do use a booster pad when going out to help with the absorbancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back