How noticable are diapers when going out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepies

Just your friendly neighborhood baa-by
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I want to go out padded more but am often anxious I'll be caught. Especially since most of my clothes are rather form fitting or a little on the tighter side.

I wear Crinklz.

You might have to switch to a different brand of diaper, or make changes to your wardrobe. Long shirts and skirts/dresses are pretty forgiving of diapers.

I wear Always Discreet and they're invisible under skinny jeans and shorts.

Lilynyan said:
You might have to switch to a different brand of diaper, or make changes to your wardrobe. Long shirts and skirts/dresses are pretty forgiving of diapers.

I wear Always Discreet and they're invisible under skinny jeans and shorts.
How reliable are always discreet?

First off, I'll say that wherever you are heading or whatever you are doing padded in public, no one is going to have their eyes trained on your rear and even if they do, they likely won't even stop to question it. One of the important things to do when wearing out and about is to simply keep your head held high, remember, chances are no one is going to notice and even if they do, they certainly won't bring anything up :)

In answer to your basic question, how noticeable a diaper is depends entirely on the brand. Store bought brands and medical brands tend to be a little easier to conceal as they aren't nearly as thick as AB specialty diapers and they don't have those cartoony and cute all-over prints.

That being said you can easily wear AB diapers out and about, if you intend to do so though, form fitting clothes are not the best route to go, especially if you're anxious about being caught. Form fitting clothing will accentuate the bulge and the diaper's shape. If you want some advice on how to minimize the chances of your diaper showing, one of the things you can do is avoid using a stuffer, if you use any at all and to avoid fluffing the diaper before putting it on. Also, during the handful of occasions I have worn out, I usually put a pair of underwear over the diaper as it effectively collapses the diaper a bit, restricts the bulk and muffles the crinkles. I also wear a baggy pair of track pants or khakis when out and about, pants that aren't very form fitting and that can easily fit over the diaper and underpants. Every time I have done this, I have yet to be found out, no one was the wiser. Another small thing that helps, is tucking in your shirt, this really prevents that telltale waistband from poking out at the rear and if there's one thing that is bound to be a giveaway, it is a waistband complete with some very babyish designs.

For you, since I doubt you have a pair of male underwear lying around, baggy clothing will be your best friend. As I said, wearing form fitting clothes will only make the diaper standout more, this is something that will likely make you feel more anxious about wearing out. If you have pants that are a fair deal larger or baggier, just throw those overtop your diaper, that should do a more than sufficient job of concealing it. Of course, the only thing I'd be worried about with Crinklz is the sound. When dry, Crinklz aren't nearly as thick as the ABU brands I usually wear out and about, but Crinklz are rather noisy, they certainly live up to their name, they are a very crinkly diaper from what I can remember. Without the use of layering i.e. putting something over top of the diaper before putting on your pants, you might have a hard time concealing the crinkles. On that front, I guess you could practice walking with a diaper on under your pants to see if you can walk in a certain way, so as to minimize the sounds.

I hope this helps and once again, remember, when you are wearing out and about, no one is even going to notice. Most people are too busy worrying about what they are doing and where they are going, their minds are elsewhere and most certainly not on your choice of underwear :)

Good luck :)

Poofybutt said:
First off, I'll say that wherever you are heading or whatever you are doing padded in public, no one is going to have their eyes trained on your rear and even if they do, they likely won't even stop to question it. One of the important things to do when wearing out and about is to simply keep your head held high, remember, chances are no one is going to notice and even if they do, they certainly won't bring anything up :)

I hope this helps and once again, remember, when you are wearing out and about, no one is even going to notice. Most people are too busy worrying about what they are doing and where they are going, their minds are elsewhere and most certainly not on your choice of underwear :)

Good luck :)

^^This^^

No one is looking for a diaper, so no one will see one. Before you got interested in diapers, did you notice any? Probably not. Does that mean that they weren't being worn? No, they just weren't even in your consciousness.

I have been out in public wearing a diaper under my clothes (well-fitting boxer shorts are great for holding it all in, and stopping crinkly noises), and not a single person has ever looked at me funny, ever.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NERVES, YOU'LL BE FINE!!!

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I would use panties over them but the diapers are still wider so there's sometimes weird lines.

Perhaps my s/o's boxer briefs will do a better job. Need to ask him if I can try a pair.

normalguy said:
^^This^^

No one is looking for a diaper, so no one will see one. Before you got interested in diapers, did you notice any? Probably not. Does that mean that they weren't being worn? No, they just weren't even in your consciousness.

I have been out in public wearing a diaper under my clothes (well-fitting boxer shorts are great for holding it all in, and stopping crinkly noises), and not a single person has ever looked at me funny, ever.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NERVES, YOU'LL BE FINE!!!
What people are saying is correct. I mean, I wear a medium Crinklz with two boosters in them every day now. If I'm going to work or school, I just wear a nice pair of shorts, or pants, but otherwise, I wear a pair of gym shorts, even in public. Most people won't even be looking, and if they do see, they've never approached me about it. It's all about the self confidence, which I admit takes getting used to.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I wear tranquility atn they are thin very soft and hold alot

When my bladder issue first started I wore realfit for men and was self conscious that people would notice as my issue grew worse I had to switch to taped diapers started as thin as possible now I wear betterdry or crinklz 24/7 and no one notices or cares. Just wear black pants one size up and a solid colour onesie or extra long shirt and you will be fine. People who see you daily will notice if you wear one day but not the next but after a few days of being padded even a thick premium diaper they will get use to your look in a diaper and think nothing of it.

As the other member stated self confidence makes all the difference in the world after 3.5 years I pee with out warning even while in a very public crowded space and no one notices because I do not react to the release as i trust my diaper to do its job.

I wear Crinklz all day and no issues. Wearing shorts too!!!

Do a little test. Put a diaper on under your clothes on a random day without telling your so and see if they notice. They obviously know about the diapers so their radar may be more attuned to it, but if even they do notice, you'll know how likely it is the public would.

No one cares what you wear under your clothes. I've been in nappies 24/7 for 6 years now and no one has ever said a thing. To be honest I no longer care whether anyone notices or not.

Truthfully, people most likely won’t even notice you are wearing a diaper; the initial fear of people noticing is in our heads. I have worn thicker diapers like the ConfiDry 24/7 underneath my clothing on numerous occasions, and no one has ever noticed.

You can tell I am wearing a diaper. The outline and bulge is noticeable no matter how I try to conceal them. God forbid they are at or close to capacity the bulge is greater. As far as the noise yes they will crinkle I wear 4 different diapers Abena Abri Form X Plus L 4's, Dry 24-7's , DC Amor's, Idyls. Yes I will say wandering eyes and time on peoples hands will be not your friend for sure. Or some zit faced teenage punk who's mouth trap says things that they cannot cash! I have been there and been victim to that over dozens of times. But as June Allyson from Depend once said You have a lot of living to do. So just live your life like there is no tomorrow.

There are many ways to make a diaper less noticeable or even to the point where people might ask themselves if someone is wearing a diaper IF THEY ARE LOOKING FOR IT.

Most people aren't going to be looking at everyone around them and question "is (s)he wearing a diaper".

But you could either

1. Wear a more discreet diaper; thinner if you won't be out for long or will change more often, otherwise thicker will be more discreet than if somebody notices you have wet yourself from wet spots.

2. Layer your clothes, bottom layer would be the diaper, above that you can put plastic pants (if you feel like, it could be useful so if there is a small leak it won't be visible), above that you would put something like a Onesie (plain solid colors, especially black or white will be best), and then pants or what have you above the onesie.

You could also simply wear a bigger size of pants than you normally wear, and even add a belt if it's too loose so you dont show "peekage" and put the pair of pants up a little bit to hide the waistband part.

Another thing to consider is people around you will be more lkkely to notice you're diapered if you constantly switch between wearing them or not. The difference in padding bulk vs. none will draw their attention much more than the bulk of the diaper itself will.

my favorite tip is to wear some tight underwear over them, it hides it really well. i went out with friends the other day and felt great and nobody had any idea

larger jeans, larger shorts, a contour or more form fitting diaper, a onesie, and a large UN-tucked button down works for me. You would have to come up and smack my ass to know that I was wearing diapers/plastic/pins.

There is one weakness to the plan to wear compression clothes or devices over your diapers. Its called "press out" if you do not allow your diapers to wick and absorb your urine or fecal matter you are setting yourselves up for failure and leaks and embarrassment and that is NOT what you desire right? I hope not. Diapers were not designed to be compressed upon your body or at least I did not believe it to be the case eh.

my therapist was telling me that she has had several diaper wearing clients and she could never tell when anyone was or was not wearing a diaper. that was intreaging on two points. one that i dont really have to worry about anyone seeing my diaper and that there are other diaper wearers out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back