How noticable are diapers when going out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but having something on you like a candy bar or jingley keys or change to help cover the sound can sometimes be helpful and comforting to have.

I haven't worn out in public much, but still have none the less. And as other's have pointed out, they really aren't too noticeable for the most part as long as you're just ever so slightly careful (no tight fitting clothes, make sure your waist is covered etc.)

I am finding my butt looks bigger and hard to walk when using my northshore diapers. I am trying to wear every work day and hours in temp to make my body walk natural and not focus on my butt.

TheCaptain said:
I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but having something on you like a candy bar or jingley keys or change to help cover the sound can sometimes be helpful and comforting to have.

I was paranoid about crinkling and rustling sounds from nappies when I started wearing them, but I really don't think the sound is noticeable, though I was hyper-aware of it initially. There's just so much background noise going on - even the rustling of your trousers when you walk. The same goes for the bulge - my girlfriend insists that she can't tell if I'm wearing a nappy, even if it's a fairly thick one.

Minih said:
I was paranoid about crinkling and rustling sounds from nappies when I started wearing them, but I really don't think the sound is noticeable, though I was hyper-aware of it initially. There's just so much background noise going on - even the rustling of your trousers when you walk. The same goes for the bulge - my girlfriend insists that she can't tell if I'm wearing a nappy, even if it's a fairly thick one.

Ya, I feel exactly the same. The sound really isn't as much of an issue as it seems. This really applies to wearing in public in general, overall people aren't really looking for or expecting it. My suggestion above was really more of a psychological comfort sort of thing. Still though, wearing at times can be audible or can be visible, but it really isn't too likely, especially if you put even the slightest amount of effort to keep it discrete

Pack plenty. Sound like reliability means you want to know absorbstion rates. Being out in public, know the more you pee, the more it will become noticeable.

Change often our get some spandex hip hugger short to hold things in place.

- - - Updated - - -

Pack plenty. Sound like reliability means you want to know absorbstion rates. Being out in public, know the more you pee, the more it will become noticeable.

Change often our get some spandex hip hugger short to hold things in place.

Apologies, didn't read the whole thread. But...my suggestion?

Boxer briefs, worn with baggy (I usually wear cargo shorts) pants tends to do wonders. Pair that with something like a loose fitting hoodie, and you're set.

I'm not certain if there's something similar to tight fitting boxers for girls...? But it does wonders, mutes the sound of a diaper--and also helps reduce the amount of 'lines' that are visible.

If you're intending to be discreet, diapers aren't usually very noticeable. You might want to get some clothes that you wear with diapers if you're really concerned. Diapers would be pretty obvious with a string bikini or a Speedo. Plan accordingly but know that you're thinking about it a lot more than anyone else out there.

If it helps any ,in 25 years in diapers ,i have never been called out on them ,nor has there been an "official sighting" people have suspected (in my case rightly) because i am in a wheelchair now , but before being in the chair no one unless I told them new ,and now in the chair people have no idea ,i have been invited to friends houses who I normaly talk to on the radio or they come to my place , but once I went over there place ,they realised I could get around there shack no problem but there were stairs to get to the bathroom ?,i told him it's covered not a problem (I also realized he never paid attention at my house , there's stacks of diapers everywhere ) and told him i wore diapers. You will be hyper aware of how you walk and that your wearing ,moreso than anyone else , from experience i can say i am usually good at diaper spotting because i am right at butt level ,but i cant spot them all ,with very little effort you can easily conceal your diaper ,even from somebody who knows what there doing ,i assure you diapers and adults wearing diapers are not in the top 1000 things people think about ,and honestly if somebody suspected you were wearing they probably would not bring it up because they would assume it was medical,and people tend to get really awkward about elimination that's why bathrooms have doors and stalls once your behind the door .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I have not been called out about wearing a diaper, I tend to wear an Abena Abri-Form M4s, so they add about an inch to my bottom. I usually wear a pair of plastic pants over the top of the diapers this cuts the crinkle sound of the diaper way down. I have worn a diaper while flying and at a busy conference with lots of face-to-face interactions. No one has ever said a thing or looked like they noticed.

The biggest thing I have found is unless you do something to draw attention to the fact that you are wearing a diaper most people are to wrapped up in their own business to notice. Also don't look nervous this will trip most peoples danger or curiosity senses and this will draw unwanted attention as they are trying to figure out why you are acting nervous. Granted a soiled diaper really cannot be hidden(If it can be helped I would recommend not soiling in public).

The only time I really hear the diaper is when I am not wearing plastic pants and sit down and diaper fills with air and makes the poof sound.

Another thing is people wear them because they need to and most people will not say anything even if they do notice, because they default to adult diapers are for medical need. Other then when I am at work I try to stay padded most of the time minus bathtime, swimming(I have started wearing a swim diaper), and changes.

If someone asks about them, tell them mundane like you are wearing them for college experiment or better yet it's none of their business why you are wearing a diaper acknowledge that you are and leave it at that.

Overall I would not worry about it, act like it is normal(this can be practiced at movie theaters, museums, and the zoo are great places to practice).

littlewes said:
I have not been called out about wearing a diaper, I tend to wear an Abena Abri-Form M4s, so they add about an inch to my bottom. I usually wear a pair of plastic pants over the top of the diapers this cuts the crinkle sound of the diaper way down. I have worn a diaper while flying and at a busy conference with lots of face-to-face interactions. No one has ever said a thing or looked like they noticed.

The biggest thing I have found is unless you do something to draw attention to the fact that you are wearing a diaper most people are to wrapped up in their own business to notice. Also don't look nervous this will trip most peoples danger or curiosity senses and this will draw unwanted attention as they are trying to figure out why you are acting nervous. Granted a soiled diaper really cannot be hidden(If it can be helped I would recommend not soiling in public).

The only time I really hear the diaper is when I am not wearing plastic pants and sit down and diaper fills with air and makes the poof sound.

Another thing is people wear them because they need to and most people will not say anything even if they do notice, because they default to adult diapers are for medical need. Other then when I am at work I try to stay padded most of the time minus bathtime, swimming(I have started wearing a swim diaper), and changes.

If someone asks about them, tell them mundane like you are wearing them for college experiment or better yet it's none of their business why you are wearing a diaper acknowledge that you are and leave it at that.

Overall I would not worry about it, act like it is normal(this can be practiced at movie theaters, museums, and the zoo are great places to practice).

Lol, that was coined as a "diaper fart" a while back. It's when the diaper itself "farts" by loudly releasing trapped air, usually as you sit down. It often sounds exactly like a fart too, so the noise of it won't necessarily out you for wearing a diaper but it is embarrassing enough you just might want to out yourself so you can blame it on the diaper, not you.

I like to wear clothes my size no smaller and I like pull ups with little stuff in it beucase the diaper I’m using currently absorbs a lot I was surprised considering how much stuff there was there was like none it absorbed mountens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back