Anybody buy on Ebay often?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got ripped off once, never again... But I have successfully bought something once as well. I don't really like to buy online...

I'm always tempted to buy but I always find negative reviews that make think twice.

I don't understand fake items. Who cares how it was made, just as long as it works, that is all it matters.

I wouldn't buy SD cards on ebay though because lot of them are fake. They will easily corrupt because they will have less memory on it than the card and package says.

I have bought stuff from China and never had a issue with it. People always complain how cheap the items are and how fake they are. I once bought a thick cloth diaper from one of the Chinese seller and it was not very absorbent despite the thickness.

If video games are set too low of price like Kirby, Mario, Sonic, etc. chances are the game is fake. Why are fake games bad? The files on it can corrupt, sleep mode might not work properly, your game system might not be able to read the card. What it is is the games are pirated and the label had been made and printed off to try and make it look like the read game label and they tape it to the SD card. Sometimes you can tell the card is fake just by how glossy the label is or how the Nintendo seal logo is different color. But you can end up buying a fake game at Gamestop or at any other used game store and not even know it. Some people do a good job making the game look real but IMO, if the game works like a real game, who cares.

I have only had some problems on ebay. Some people suck.

- - - Updated - - -

BabyTyrant said:
Yeah that is one thing with eBay, anything that has a lot of fake versions going around could easily be a target for people to say "item is a fake, I want a refund", that happened once with my mom when she sold a purse and unfortunately how it usually goes is eBay/PayPal will usually just give the buyer the refund and not ask for them to send the item back, so it can easily be a way for some scumbag to try and steal your figure.

But more times than that I had people claim the item never arrived at all, mind boggling considering I always buy tracking and upload the number for the customer to see and use, if it shows as being delivered I've done my part and if they really didn't get the item they need to follow up with the shipper (mostly when selling on Ebay I use the postal service) and see if it got mis-delivered; or maybe someone stole it off their porch or mailbox.

Scammers will use the delivery tracking and ship the blank envelope to another address so it shows up as it being delivered so that way if the buyer claims the item never came, the scammer automatically wins the case. This is the time when ebay will side with the seller.

I am not saying this is what you do and I know ebay's intent was to stop this "I didn't receive my item" scam but instead it had made scammers use that feature to scam the buyer so they can't get their money back.

Calico said:
I don't understand fake items. Who cares how it was made, just as long as it works, that is all it matters.

I wouldn't buy SD cards on ebay though because lot of them are fake. They will easily corrupt because they will have less memory on it than the card and package says.

I have bought stuff from China and never had a issue with it. People always complain how cheap the items are and how fake they are. I once bought a thick cloth diaper from one of the Chinese seller and it was not very absorbent despite the thickness.

If video games are set too low of price like Kirby, Mario, Sonic, etc. chances are the game is fake. Why are fake games bad? The files on it can corrupt, sleep mode might not work properly, your game system might not be able to read the card. What it is is the games are pirated and the label had been made and printed off to try and make it look like the read game label and they tape it to the SD card. Sometimes you can tell the card is fake just by how glossy the label is or how the Nintendo seal logo is different color. But you can end up buying a fake game at Gamestop or at any other used game store and not even know it. Some people do a good job making the game look real but IMO, if the game works like a real game, who cares.

I have only had some problems on ebay. Some people suck.

Well, with a lot of items people pay more for the name than anything else, think Luxury Handbags (Purses), do they actually do anything to indicate why they are "worth" the cost? No it's all about the name on the Bag/Purse, and maybe the design.

Luxury goods are very rarely about functionality/what the item does, and in these cases obviously a "fake" wont do; what I hate though is they make it way too easy for a buyer to claim an item to be fake, because even if it isn't fake if they make that claim and customer support takes their side they will be able to keep the item and the money you sold it for.

BabyTyrant said:
Well, with a lot of items people pay more for the name than anything else, think Luxury Handbags (Purses), do they actually do anything to indicate why they are "worth" the cost? No it's all about the name on the Bag/Purse, and maybe the design.

Luxury goods are very rarely about functionality/what the item does, and in these cases obviously a "fake" wont do; what I hate though is they make it way too easy for a buyer to claim an item to be fake, because even if it isn't fake if they make that claim and customer support takes their side they will be able to keep the item and the money you sold it for.

Stuff sold from China is usually cheap which is why I have bought from them before. I got Good Nights At Freddie's flush for 3 bucks but it took over a month to get and it did say shipping would take a month or two months. I saw in the Feedback about people calling it cheap or fake and my son loved it when it came and it didn't matter if it might have been fake or not. It only mattered that I got it for cheap and I saved money than spending $13 on a plush toy or more.

Yeah I personally dont think Fake items are a big problem most of the time, especially when it does 100% function like the "real" item and it looks close enough to the real item and if the buyer is alright with what may be a "fake".

I would never sell people a fake thing as the real thing though as that is deceptive and a case of fraud.

I've been on eBay for years partially as a buyer and partially as a seller and we have had over 1000 positive (probably 98-99% positive) feedback the only neutral or negatives we ever got was from people that intended to scam us from the beginning; and you know you cant satisfy everyone, even if you do nothing wrong.

The scammers are only happy when they are able to abuse the system and get stuff for free, even worse is it can really suck as a small time seller when you get ripped off, knowing that most of the time when I make a sale I'm not making any money, I'm just trying to sell things because I need money for other things, or because I figure I'm not doing anything with what I'm selling, or maybe I'm done with the item and would rather move on and put the money towards something else (which are all things that apply to video games, which covers the vast majority of what I sell on eBay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back