Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dunkin' Donuts Iced Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    By the time I'm done doctoring my coffee, it tastes more like dessert!
    That's how I feel about getting my iced coffees when I go out. They taste delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Iced coffee...?! Bleurgh! I like my coffee with hot water and nothing else!

But what's "creamer"? Is it a mix of milk and flavoured syrup...?
    very close. Sugar and dehydrated cream is common, and the liquid product is really extra sweet.

Huh. It's weird how we don't have "creamer" in the UK (Or that you guys do... or both!).

There are flavoured syrups, but mostly we just add sugar and milk (or cream) to taste. That way you can control the amount of milk, sugar and syrup independently. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Huh. It's weird how we don't have "creamer" in the UK (Or that you guys do... or both!).

There are flavoured syrups, but mostly we just add sugar and milk (or cream) to taste. That way you can control the amount of milk, sugar and syrup independently. :-)
    I'm not a coffee drinker but I guess the benefit of creamer is that it can sit out without refrigeration and probably doesn't require as vigorous stirring to avoid clumping down at the bottom of a cup like powder might.

I rarely ever drink coffee however last year I tried the caramel iced coffee from Starbucks a couple of times and these past few weeks have been having French vanilla hot coffee from Dunkin. Iím from the UK so we donít have Dunkin, itís nice and really cheap.

I make my own iced coffee at home:

I cold brew my coffee concentrate at home using the Toddy system and usually a roast from Kaldi Coffee (I LOVE their Dark roast) and make my coffee with three shots of the concentrate and two shots of sweet cream, and have the resultant rich drink over ice. It's strong, sweet, and rich—I was turned onto this preparation when I had an iced coffee from Borders (RIP). That was also where I got my Toddy system. Cold brew is seriously where it's at. Takes eighteen hours to brew a batch, but it is Worth It.