Dunkin' Donuts Iced Coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

hub121

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I finally took the plunge to try iced coffee from Dunkin' Donuts.

(History):
At my job site, they have a cafeteria where they sell items or either breakfast and/or lunch.

About a year ago, they added iced coffee to the menu, so I decided to try it. I had the choice of either french vanilla or hazelnut. Since I like hazelnut hot coffee, I gave the cafeteria's hazelnut iced coffee a try, and I really liked it. So when I go into work everyday, I make sure to get my iced coffee (hazelnut).

(Yesterday):
So Yesterday when I was out doing my errands, I chose to stop by Dunkin' Donuts to try their iced coffee. (I decided to get the Hazelnut Swirl with milk.)(I got the medium size)

The initial taste was great, it was nice and sweet and the flavor was maintained throughout the entire beverage, I really liked it.

I know I will be buying the iced coffee from Dunkin' Donuts again.

I drink four cups of coffee a day and I've never tried iced coffee. Weird, I know. My parents loved iced coffee.

dogboy said:
I drink four cups of coffee a day...

Do you drink it black or use creamer? If w/ creamer, what's your favorite creamer?

When I drink coffee (whether hot or iced), I get hazelnut. It's nice and sweet.

hub121 said:
Do you drink it black or use creamer? If w/ creamer, what's your favorite creamer?

When I drink coffee (whether hot or iced), I get hazelnut. It's nice and sweet.

Yes, I buy one of those flavored creamers, though I get vanilla. I put Splenda in it trying to have less sugar in my diet. By the time I'm done doctoring my coffee, it tastes more like dessert!

It is pretty unhealthy. So many products that don't even taste like sugar contain many grams of it, such as white bread, ketchup, mayonnaise... So imagine how much sugar can an iced coffee contain, in which you can clearly taste the sweetness of glucose, if it not only has sugar, but it also has blueberry syrup and cream, which are composed mainly of sugar. You should only eat between 6 and 9 teaspoons of added sugar a day. People don't realize this but sugar is addictive, and so is caffeine, and you should try to have as less added sugar as possible or your organs won't be able to take care of the sugar in your body at some point. Obesity is somewhat related to the intake of sugar but diabetes is directly related to it. I recommend you have as little coffee as you can and when you do, substitute the cream and/or sugar with milk.

I don't know if this is what you mean, but when I order iced coffee (w/ creamer), I don't ask for any added sugar, I just get whatever sugar is in the creamer. (and milk).

I prefer my coffee hot, black and strong... It's my woman I want light and sweet... But hot's good too.

I've tried both hot and iced coffee and I like iced coffee better.

Iced coffee...?! Bleurgh! I like my coffee with hot water and nothing else! :p

But what's "creamer"? Is it a mix of milk and flavoured syrup...?

dogboy said:
By the time I'm done doctoring my coffee, it tastes more like dessert!

That's how I feel about getting my iced coffees when I go out. They taste delicious.

tiny said:
Iced coffee...?! Bleurgh! I like my coffee with hot water and nothing else! :p

But what's "creamer"? Is it a mix of milk and flavoured syrup...?

very close. Sugar and dehydrated cream is common, and the liquid product is really extra sweet.

Huh. It's weird how we don't have "creamer" in the UK (Or that you guys do... or both!).

There are flavoured syrups, but mostly we just add sugar and milk (or cream) to taste. That way you can control the amount of milk, sugar and syrup independently. :)

tiny said:
Huh. It's weird how we don't have "creamer" in the UK (Or that you guys do... or both!).

There are flavoured syrups, but mostly we just add sugar and milk (or cream) to taste. That way you can control the amount of milk, sugar and syrup independently. :)

I'm not a coffee drinker but I guess the benefit of creamer is that it can sit out without refrigeration and probably doesn't require as vigorous stirring to avoid clumping down at the bottom of a cup like powder might.

I rarely ever drink coffee however last year I tried the caramel iced coffee from Starbucks a couple of times and these past few weeks have been having French vanilla hot coffee from Dunkin. I’m from the UK so we don’t have Dunkin, it’s nice and really cheap.

I make my own iced coffee at home:

I cold brew my coffee concentrate at home using the Toddy system and usually a roast from Kaldi Coffee (I LOVE their Dark roast) and make my coffee with three shots of the concentrate and two shots of sweet cream, and have the resultant rich drink over ice. It's strong, sweet, and rich—I was turned onto this preparation when I had an iced coffee from Borders (RIP). That was also where I got my Toddy system. Cold brew is seriously where it's at. Takes eighteen hours to brew a batch, but it is Worth It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back