Having a hard time dealing with my incontinance

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnparsons42

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Long story short when I was five I was put into an orphanage and was forced to sleep in a crib and was humilited back into diapers. Now for six years because of back issues and no splintcher in my rectum that works I have been forced back into diapers. I feel as if it is a punishment not because of my body. The ansiety is to much. I have gotten used to being 24/7 and wear in public all the time but changing in the bathrooms stresses me out! It's noisy and Soo embarissing for me to change my diaper in these stalls. Everyone and there brother can see and so much anxiety comes when changing. Any advice on how to manage this and except the things I can't change. Thanks in advance

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Use private stalls. Seek them out in between changes and keep a mental note where they are. I never ever use anything but family restrooms. Most places are putting them in. Every mall has one. Most Walmart’s have them, a lot of gas stations are starting to put them in. Also just so you know, people couldn’t care less that you are wearing a diaper let alone care that you are changing it. It’s just not a big deal to people. They have enough of their own crap on their mind to even care for a second what you are doing in the bathroom stall. I’ve carried a super soaked PeekAbu across a very crowded truck stop restroom in a very rare time that I’ve had no choice but to use that type of bathroom and nobody gave two looks. Just try and relax and handle your business and everything will be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you act like it is a big deal, people will notice and make a big deal out of it. You should go in, change like nobody else is there, and walk out diaper in hand (or in a bag) and trash it and wash your hands. If anybody gives you a look, just say hi and act like nothing is wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like others have said, you night hear some Snickers or whatever, but who are these people anyway? Why do you care about how these people feel? Just go in and do what you gotta do. Have more respect for yourself and get over it, you're actually doing most of the thinking yourself and casting negative feelings about it. Most of it is coming from your head casting a dark shadow upon yourself.

I'll also suggest you to get Nullo internal deodorizer tablets. You can find them at Amazon. They'll help neutralize odors from bowel accidents, gas, sweat odor, bad breath, and ect. That should help you be way more discreet with it, should an accident happen, it's pretty much odorless. Maybe you can make it to a more private restroom or home.

You truly have to accept your fate with incontinence to keep your life going as it was in the first place. Adjust to it, adapt, learn, and live your life.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks allot guys

Maybe time to professionally talk to someone, a lot of people have different anxieties but if this is a reoccurring issue (long term) you may want professional guidance.

You might also talk with your doctor to see about getting some anxiety managing meds, at least for awhile as you "acclimate". Things like this get easier to deal with over time.

Go to the Coloplast website or Google play store and download the app "wheelmate" it uses your GPS to get you to the nearest bathroom ,and tells you everything known about what it offers,allows you to update and add any bathrooms or information you have ,even let's you rate them and have a favorites list, you shouldn't have so much anxiety by choosing and using family style bathrooms .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks tetra

NP,hope it helps.
shawnparsons42 said:
Thanks tetra

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Use the "Family" (Single user PRIVET.) bathroom

I know its hard at first but remember you are not alone in having to wear diapers as an adult there are millions of us back in diapers, Try not to worry about what others may or may not be thinking most people are so tied up in their own business they do not notice or associate tape sounds with diapers. no one has batted an eye or said any thing in the 3 plus years I have been back in diapers even if they see me carry out my used diaper when I leave the stall.

Self confidence makes all the difference just go about your business and do not worry about what some one you do not no may or may not be thinking its not worth the stress and once you reach the level of acceptance of not caring if some one notices dealing with incontinence gets a whole lot easier.
My family and close friends know I need diapers and have been very supportive as time goes on the list of people who know continues to grow, we will be traveling with a friend who does not currently know of my issue but will probably be aware by the end of the trip and I have no worries about it or talking about my incontinence issues

My main advice is dont worry about what you can not change and do not worry about people noticing your diapers 99% of the time they will not notice and if they do its a medical issue you can not change

Every time my wife complains about needing to pee badly I like to remind her I don't have that problem. Her usual resonse is not everyone has it as easy as I do being diapered. In that sense, being diapered is a good thing.

Try to think of the good side to being diapered, and any positive things that come from it. So the next time you're having a hard time dealing with it, you can remind yourself it isn't all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back