Washable Nappy Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minih

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi all,

I'm looking at switching (at least some of the time) to washable nappies. I've got faecal IC, so don't need hugely absorbent ones (but do want quite thin ones). Does anyone have any recommendations - ideally ones that are reasonably easily obtainable in the UK? I'm open to trying different styles - though I'm not really interested in the old-school terry squares. (I'd also prefer them not to have baby-style prints on them - my girlfriend, whilst remarkably sanguine about my IC problems, is not so keen on me wearing ABDL style nappies. She's also very keen on being green though, so if the best aren't plain, then she'd live with it.)

I'm planning to use flushable liners (though I may not actually flush them) - Rearz do some (https://rearz.ca/freestyle-adult-flushable-diaper-liners/) - but delivery is over £20. Does anyone know of any large alternatives?

Thanks!

I've found the Mio liners (Mothercare used to stock them, but I'm sure there are other shops in the UK nowadays) worked rather well. I'm an average-sized guy and I never found the Mio liners too small. The other - greener - alternative is to use an unfolded muslin square.

The problem with terry is that BMs tend to 'stick' to the terrycloth loops. Unfortunately, most UK-based IC suppliers tend to stick to oversized terry nappies for adults as well as babies. You may spend a good deal on postage, but the Rearz prefolds are excellent.

I use these...
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Color-Tee...d=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1
My only real issue with them is that they look a bit childish and as I'm incontinent and not ABDL this is a slight issue but I've never had any problems with them leeking so I'm unlikely to switch to a different product. I've have sufferred from urinary incontinence my whole life and have used reuable nappies ever since I outgrew baby nappies. I used the children's, teenage and now use the adult version of these and I think they're great, just slightly annoying they are only available with childish patterns, Only my boyfriend sees me in them anyway and he doesn't care but it's still slightly annoying embarrassing when I undress.

I wear Angelfluff U3 high rise contours, as far as liner go to your local version of Wal-Mart or agriculture / nursery shop and buy "frost cloth" curoff as big a piece as you need to line your diaper ,it will keep like 95% of stains out of your diaper, also sunlight works a charm in "bleaching" any stains you do get , just do not put your PP out the sun is not good for them.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back