Do you value variety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Im sure most of us value variety, I definitely do value variety very much.

It's nice just having diapers with a different print, even if they were to all perform the same (which would be unlikely unless it were different prints but the same diaper beneath the prints, unlikely if it's not just one diaper line), I mostly tend to stick to ABUniverse just because of variety of different prints (also different levels of Absorbency and some cheaper diapers if you dont need anything extreme or are on a budget), and also ease of being able to buy a shipment and have it make it to me within 3 days (as long as their Baltimore Warehouse has what I want to order).

I have also at times sold some Diaps just to clear out a little space if I end up ordering so much my hiding spot cant fit it all, in these instances it can be a great opportunity for somebody else to be able to order a smaller quantity off me (or more for a cheaper price) for a fair price and get a variety at the same time

While I also really like Tykables Overnights, its impossible to time an order with them when you can never be sure if they are actually in stock or not and how long it may take to get stock in and shipped to you (I had made only 1 order with them in the past, it took over 2 weeks to process and then get to me).

I will probably buy different ABUniverse Diaps if i get this job I'm trying to get which would mean spending a lot more time at work and possibly going from clearing $1200 a month total to $3000 a month (a combination of higher wages and a lot more overtime).

I mean sure variety isn't necessary, but if it's a luxury you can afford it's nice to have different options, even if the primary draw is the different prints.

I do very much appreciate variety as well as having the same thing all the time sort of *dampens* the experience. When I can I stock multiple brands of diapers so that I can choose what I want to wear at any time.

I value variety, both the immense variety of printed AB diapers on the market and the variety of prints and brands that ABU offers.

For me variety is good for 2 reasons:

1) it's nice to change things up every now and then :)

and

2) it brings some rotation into my diaper buying, I'm not always tied down to one brand, but multiple, so if one of my go to brands is out of stock, I have another brand waiting in the wings that I can stock up on.

I'd also say that ABU is my favourite company because they boast a nice array of diapers with not only different prints, but different features as well. Other companies like Rearz and Tykables and to a lesser extent Crinklz, have OK selections, but nothing really reaches the breadth of options that ABU offers. Of course, it's also good having variety across the board as well, I'm glad that there are so many printed diapers to choose from :)

I think it would be nice having different diapers for different mood or to go well with certain clothes or colors, but I don't really mind wearing one and the same brand, either. Maybe that's because there isn't much variety where I live, though...

I like variety as well. I don't have much room at my apartment so for my variety, I just order different styles or types every time I need to place an order.

I absolutely value variety, I have multiple cases of almost everything and I’m always changing it up, I love wearing certain diapers for certain times, my gf loves me in little paws and kiddos, I like wearing tykables waddlers, sometimes I crave crinkle so I’ll wear a cuddlz all over baby, other times we are going to an outdoor venue and it’s a abu simple ultra. It all depends, but variety is the spice of life.

Another benefit of having different brands on the shelf to mix and match, for regular / full-time wearers, is that by choosing nappies that fit slightly differently you can vary the pressure / chafe points on the skin rather than always having the same kind rubbing in the same place. I switch between Tena Slip, Betterdry, ABU Simple and whatever else I have on the go, mainly for different absorbency but also for this reason. My preferred aesthetic is plain white so I only ever have one style of each base design. If there were an adult feminine version of Betterdry I would stock those for playtime though in place of the white.

pampers4U said:
I absolutely value variety, I have multiple cases of almost everything and I’m always changing it up, I love wearing certain diapers for certain times, my gf loves me in little paws and kiddos, I like wearing tykables waddlers, sometimes I crave crinkle so I’ll wear a cuddlz all over baby, other times we are going to an outdoor venue and it’s a abu simple ultra. It all depends, but variety is the spice of life.
Simple Ultra?.. Aren't they only available in Japan? Or have I missed something? Or do you live in Japan?

Elenwen said:
Simple Ultra?.. Aren't they only available in Japan? Or have I missed something? Or do you live in Japan?

Abu simple ultra - what rock have you been hiding under?

pampers4U said:

IIRC there are a few other brands with similar product names. (Tena and NorthShore)

Names can get a little confusing sometime. Tena makes matters worse by periodically changing their model names and packaging.

Oh, and I'm a big fan of variety too. I've got a cabinet with over a dozen different models to choose from. I have a few that I use most frequently, but others that get switched around quite a bit.

Variety helps keep it interesting!

pampers4U said:
Well... Since I can't get any ABDL brands anyway, I don't really pay much attention...

I actually like to stick with what I know works the best for the least cost. Once you find what works, why would you switch to something that doesn't?

I definitely like variety - there’s a different nappy for each situation, weather, different clothing, day/night, public/private etc. And also you get bored of the same thing after a while and it’s always good to wear something you haven’t worn before or for a long time!

With diapers, it's less about craving variety as using the right diaper for the situation. I like having a variety of diapers around because there are many different circumstances to wear. It can range between wanting something thin and discreet to something with serious capacity or something festive might be better if I'm socializing with others in diapers. I like being able to pick just the right thing but I don't think I'd mind too much if the variety of appearances were reduced.

Variety is the spice of life.

Absolutely! Since I wear recreationally rather than for need, I'd much rather be able to pick what best fits my mood or works best for a specific situation than be stuck with only a single option. That's the main reason why I tend to order in 1-2 bag quantities and often will pick a different supplier each time. It may be cheaper to just go for a case, but for me the ability to open a drawer and pull out what seems most appealing is far worth the extra expense.

For me, being fully incontinent and wearing 24/7 it's pretty much necessary, as different products suit different situations.

Lately in the hot weather we've been having, I've switched to a combination of pullups and large pads with net pants, simply because they're so much cooler than my usual plastic-backed nappies. Pads are easier to change when out and about but they're not as reliable so if I'm wearing a pad I need to be prepared to change more frequently. And pullups I can't change at all without taking my trousers off so they are completely ruled out for changes away from home.

I use different levels of absorbency too. Thinner ones for work, because they're more discreet and I'm never far from the bathroom. Thicker ones at home because being discreet doesn't matter and I can save a little money by wearing a good diaper for a longer time instead of changing a thinner one twice. Also if I'm going out for the day and uncertain about finding a public bathroom, I'll wear something thicker so I don't have to change as often. Thick ones are crucial if I'm going to the pub; I'll shed what seems to be about two full bladders-worth on the way home. And some days are just leakier than others.

That said, I do buy cases too, and I alternate each month what I'm ordering. Thick ones one month, thinner ones the month after, that way I always have a variety in stock but I'm still saving by buying in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back