Thread: Scalie curiosity

Question Scalie curiosity

Hi peeps,

So I have been putting some thought into this but still know very little about the Furry world.

Fur is great and everything but I identify more with Dragons and amphibious critters.

I saw the word “Scalie” mentioned in places (that word doesn’t have good connotations in Australia historically) and got to wondering where playing dress ups / cosplay / role play ends and “Fursonas” start?

To be a Furry/Scalie is their a standard of suit? Does a combination of makeup and prosthetics qualify or does it have to be a full suit?

For the most part I can see where nappies would be a great idea under a suit, would be kinda cute also on top.

You...don't even have to have a suit to be a furry/scalie/whatever. Just a character. :3

I've never had a suit in my life. They're too big for me to even think about moving around in, too hot and I don't handle heat well at all. I'd be passed out before I got much of anywhere.

And you can totally be a dragon if you want to. Or a frog, or a salamander. Heck, there's even one guy with a 'sona of a cockroach. (Uncle Kage.)

And if you don't want to use furry/scalie, you could always use the proper title of "Anthropomorphic Fandom". ;D (Of course, that's also inclusive of everything, from talking toasters to talking poo.)

My thanks lovely Woozle!

Ok gonna have to do some thinking about this.

I am interested in getting a dragon suit for cons and the like but might start smaller with being a dragon influenced person in a role play (LARP hopefully) first.

Some of the fursuits look amazing that I just googled and some of the dragon ones sensational but yeah heat is a problem for me too.... I loved how lots of peeps use talc to get them on though, can just imagine a lovely baby powder scented fur suit gathering

Really interested in peeps input and or experiences
    Last edited by Argent; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:15. Reason: Talk talc typi

I'm interested in a partial for my 'sona, Quinn. She's a black marbled fox. I'm still fine-tuning her back story but I know I want head, tail paws and the pants. I'm terrible in heat and a full suit would land me in the hospital hooked up to two banana bags.

Quote Originally Posted by OmiOMy View Post
    I'm interested in a partial for my 'sona, Quinn. She's a black marbled fox. I'm still fine-tuning her back story but I know I want head, tail paws and the pants. I'm terrible in heat and a full suit would land me in the hospital hooked up to two banana bags.
    Quinn sounds cute, so with pants no external diaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Argent View Post
    Quinn sounds cute, so with pants no external diaper?
    No but now that I think about it she would be adorable in one. A pretty pink one while reading on the couch… I like the image!