Status
Not open for further replies.

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi peeps,

So I have been putting some thought into this but still know very little about the Furry world.

Fur is great and everything but I identify more with Dragons and amphibious critters.

I saw the word “Scalie” mentioned in places (that word doesn’t have good connotations in Australia historically) and got to wondering where playing dress ups / cosplay / role play ends and “Fursonas” start?

To be a Furry/Scalie is their a standard of suit? Does a combination of makeup and prosthetics qualify or does it have to be a full suit?

For the most part I can see where nappies would be a great idea under a suit, would be kinda cute also on top.

You...don't even have to have a suit to be a furry/scalie/whatever. Just a character. :3

I've never had a suit in my life. They're too big for me to even think about moving around in, too hot and I don't handle heat well at all. I'd be passed out before I got much of anywhere.

And you can totally be a dragon if you want to. Or a frog, or a salamander. Heck, there's even one guy with a 'sona of a cockroach. (Uncle Kage.)

And if you don't want to use furry/scalie, you could always use the proper title of "Anthropomorphic Fandom". ;D (Of course, that's also inclusive of everything, from talking toasters to talking poo.)

My thanks lovely Woozle!

Ok gonna have to do some thinking about this.

I am interested in getting a dragon suit for cons and the like but might start smaller with being a dragon influenced person in a role play (LARP hopefully) first.

Some of the fursuits look amazing that I just googled and some of the dragon ones sensational but yeah heat is a problem for me too.... I loved how lots of peeps use talc to get them on though, can just imagine a lovely baby powder scented fur suit gathering :)

Really interested in peeps input and or experiences

Last edited:
I'm interested in a partial for my 'sona, Quinn. She's a black marbled fox. I'm still fine-tuning her back story but I know I want head, tail paws and the pants. I'm terrible in heat and a full suit would land me in the hospital hooked up to two banana bags.

OmiOMy said:
I'm interested in a partial for my 'sona, Quinn. She's a black marbled fox. I'm still fine-tuning her back story but I know I want head, tail paws and the pants. I'm terrible in heat and a full suit would land me in the hospital hooked up to two banana bags.

Quinn sounds cute, so with pants no external diaper?

Argent said:
Quinn sounds cute, so with pants no external diaper?

No but now that I think about it she would be adorable in one. A pretty pink one while reading on the couch… I like the image!

Do what you want dude

Scalie is a subtype of the furry fandom. They are still furries. As for diapers under suits, It would be a very bad idea because if you have every worn a suit before, it is very hot and heavy to move around in. You dont want any plastic stopping your body from cooling down or saturating with liquids as it will cause some severe health issues if not taken care of right away under these invigorating circumstances. You can but id advise not to just for your own good

Argent said:
I saw the word “Scalie” mentioned in places (that word doesn’t have good connotations in Australia historically)
I’m curious what this means because I insist on being called a scalie and not a furry but my brother’s boyfriend is Australian and I don’t want to offend him.

Zoran said:
I’m curious what this means because I insist on being called a scalie and not a furry but my brother’s boyfriend is Australian and I don’t want to offend him.

It’s an old term in Australia for some scab labourers. To the best of my knowledge it is out of vogue now as a word.

Actually it is also used for weigh bridge workers in some parts of Australia so you may just get a confused face reaction depending on the persons age and if they have ever worked in transportation.

Argent said:
It’s an old term in Australia for some scab labourers. To the best of my knowledge it is out of vogue now as a word.

Actually it is also used for weigh bridge workers in some parts of Australia so you may just get a confused face reaction depending on the persons age and if they have ever worked in transportation.
interesting! I was very very worried it had ties with racism.

Ah, well, that's not TOO terrible. LOL Thought maybe it would be a racially charged term like saying someone was 'nappy-headed' or 'ashy'. (That they have tangled or curly, coarse hair or they need moisturizer for their skin.)

Makes sense as a nickname for those guys working with weighing freight...they man the scales, therefore 'scalies'. XD

basically scallies identify as dragons, dinosaurs, reptiles or amphibians (and a few fish, usually sharks)

Scalies are people in the furry fandom that are usually reptiles or amphibians, so not really "fluffy" I should say. But yes, you can be a dragon or any other reptile or amphibian you want to be (I think salamanders are cute!). I don't really think everyone in the furry fandom needs to wear a suit in order to be in it. I've heard that some furries just wear ears, tails, paws, wings, etc. to express their fursona so they don't have to pay so much for a suit. I think maybe those one pajama onesies that are for teens and adults would be a good substitute for a fursuit, since you can be your sona and don't have to worry about getting too hot/overheated. But I think many babyfurs have used those before, if I am correct. But do what you want to do, you can have more than just one sona too.

Absolutely no one 'needs' to wear a suit. You can be 'in' just from saying "I LIKE THIS!"

I am a “boots’n’all” kinda person with things when I decide on something but also a massive procrastinator about starting anything.

I had been wondering if secondlife was a place to “try out” being a Scalie (AB, Little and other things too) but can’t find anyone to talk to about Secondlife.

I tried SL once, didn't find it all that appealing because I couldn't figure out how to properly do up my avatar character and left because it was annoying and boring.

And that's the extent of my knowledge of it other than there are people who invest their entire lives into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back