What if an average store had ABDL diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Could you imagine if an average looking, otherwise inconspicuous store had ABDL diapers?

I could imagine people walking through a store for regular groceries, stumbling upon the Incontinence section and then seeing ABDL diapers with a print, I think they would probably range from "this looks odd" (or maybe even "cute"), to "what the hell are these"; not that such a situation is likely to ever happen; but wouldn't it be something if these great diapers were readily available in physical stores? And also maybe the store and supplier could reach a deal (like "I will order $100,000 in your products for the year if you give me a 20% discount"..) that could lead to better prices in the store?

What if?

I would shop there and tell everyone how good the padding is (or isn't...XD).

It would be the same reaction as if other adult novelties and toys were sold in regular stores. It would range from "You do this?" to "You pervert! Stay away from my kids!"

I think it would be interesting if all the major stores such as Walmart, Target, etc. carried adult AB/DL diapers. Average people might begin to get the idea that we're out there and they might begin to accept that it's not as weird as they might have first thought. Of course, stores will never carry baby themed adult diapers, but you'd think some would carry better quality adult diapers. After all, most of our adult baby themed diapers started out as all white diapers be made and processed by the machines.

Scaramouche said:
It would be the same reaction as if other adult novelties and toys were sold in regular stores. It would range from "You do this?" to "You pervert! Stay away from my kids!"

That's probably true since diapers are mostly though of as "Babys first underwear" for the first 2-3 years of their lives, so some people automatically assume interest in diapers means an interest in kids (which couldn't be further from the truth)

I think it would allow ABDL to be presented in a more commonplace manner. Introducing something to the public makes them think about it and ultimately results in the concept going down one of two roads - that of acceptance or that of casting out. The immediate effect would be more ABDL people being discovered through their dares to pick up some ABU Cushies at the local Walmart, but it would also lead to a boom in printed products in all sizes as for one reason or another, stores had found it economical to have the products in their store. That would lead to more proper printed youth products and more youth products in general which may tumble into toilet training being pushed later and later as it already is with lazy parents.

Our elders may like having greater choice but many would still prefer the minimalism.

Dream on!

Honestly, you/we have so many choices, but it seems people can never be satisfied. There are ABDL stores in many cities. Support them! If not, they'll close up shop when it's obvious there's no profit in it. Which brings up the next point, if you do go to an ABDL shop, don't bitch about the prices! Nobody runs a business to lose money. You pay for the convenience, the multitude of choices, and the discretion.

- - - Updated - - -

Choices, as in:
Online purchases
In-store incontinence aisle
Medical supply stores

Jamieboy said:
Dream on!

Honestly, you/we have so many choices, but it seems people can never be satisfied. There are ABDL stores in many cities. Support them! If not, they'll close up shop when it's obvious there's no profit in it. Which brings up the next point, if you do go to an ABDL shop, don't bitch about the prices! Nobody runs a business to lose money. You pay for the convenience, the multitude of choices, and the discretion.

- - - Updated - - -

Choices, as in:
Online purchases
Medical supply stores

I thought tykables was the only abdl buisiness to have brick and mortar store fronts?

Orrrr.....
Yeoman Rand walks onto the sickbay of the Enterprise... And Nurse Chapel sees the "extra padding" peeking from under that little red dress?
Ooooo... :sweatdrop: GOOD times.

Jamieboy said:
Dream on!

- - - Updated - - -

Choices, as in:
Online purchases
Medical supply stores

I dont know that I would say that there are ABDL stores in many cities, maybe some of the really big cities, but AFAIK there is none in my neck of the woods (western upstate New York), closest I'm aware of is in Albany New York, 3 hours and 200 miles away.

The topic is purely a "what if scenario", like how would most of the "vanilla" public react if they were walking through an otherwise normal store that just happened to have ABDL diapers with a print on them; and they stumbled upon the diapers when passing that aisle.

BabyTyrant said:
I dont know that I would say that there are ABDL stores in many cities, maybe some of the really big cities, but AFAIK there is none in my neck of the woods (western upstate New York), closest I'm aware of is in Albany New York, 3 hours and 200 miles away.

The topic is purely a "what if scenario", like how would most of the "vanilla" public react if they were walking through an otherwise normal store that just happened to have ABDL diapers with a print on them; and they stumbled upon the diapers when passing that aisle.

I drive 600+ miles, 5 times a week (6,000 between me and my co-driver). For a once a month, or once every several months purchase, 200 miles, to get what you want, hardly seems like a deal killer.

No, the abdl stores that are out there aren't like CVS or Walgreens, but you have to put forth some effort, to make things worthwhile. Don't ever count on them carrying items to cater to the fetish crowd, unless you're talking Hitachi's. We're probably not going mainstream for the next 50 years, or so, if ever.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, Vegas has a store. Mt. Prospect, IL has a store. L.A. has a store. There's many more out there, catering to ABDL's, if people had the courage to visit, and understood businesses are there to make a profit, so, don't complain about prices next...

Jamieboy said:
I drive 600+ miles, 5 times a week (6,000 between me and my co-driver). For a once a month, or once every several months purchase, 200 miles, to get what you want, hardly seems like a deal killer.

No, the abdl stores that are out there aren't like CVS or Walgreens, but you have to put forth some effort, to make things worthwhile. Don't ever count on them carrying items to cater to the fetish crowd, unless you're talking Hitachi's. We're probably not going mainstream for the next 50 years, or so, if ever.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, Vegas has a store. Mt. Prospect, IL has a store. L.A. has a store. There's many more out there, catering to ABDL's, if people had the courage to visit, and understood businesses are there to make a profit, so, don't complain about prices next...

Well, I dont drive, so 200 miles and 3 hours away is way too far and I do order online from time to time.

It would be cool to have a local ABDL store just to buy small Quantities of diapers for convenience.

BabyTyrant said:
Well, I dont drive, so 200 miles and 3 hours away is way too far and I do order online from time to time.

It would be cool to have a local ABDL store just to buy small Quantities of diapers for convenience.

I agree with you, the only place I can buy abdl diapers is online. I have looked (online) for a brick store near me but have had no luck. Plus I am in uni on weekdays and work on weekends so I can't just drive for hours to buy a pack of ab/dl diapers in a store that is more than an hour away.

Though back to the hypothetical, I think that it would get some people in an uproar and they would take to the media a gripe about it. There will ALWAYS be someone that will complain about anything. That being said, I would love to see it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back