Are diapers still a big deal to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
By this I mean do you still act like it's a big deal when you buy, wear, or use diapers?

For me when I'm buying if it's in a physical store I usually am buying either baby diapers (to make due when short on time and I dont want to use a good premium/ABDL grade diaper like ABUniverse, Tykables , Rearz, etc), if its online i try to order from a company at a time when I know the order will arrive at home so I dont have to talk about it unnecessarily (like with my mom)

For wearing and using I usually wear and use when I know my mom isn't around as if my brother or cousin notice they never even say anything.

So how about you guys?

Well, it's a very weird answer for me. Being open about my Adult Baby side with my family and friends, I have gotten used to wearing diapers and babying out. So yeah, at times, it's not a big deal anymore. My parents and sis are used to it, so it makes me feel like it's not a fuss or big deal anymore. Buying online or anything is not something I hide, so yeah, no big deal either.

On the other hand... OH MY GOD, DIAPERS! They're always a big deal in a positive way!!

kik91 said:
Well, it's a very weird answer for me. Being open about my Adult Baby side with my family and friends, I have gotten used to wearing diapers and babying out. So yeah, at times, it's not a big deal anymore. My parents and sis are used to it, so it makes me feel like it's not a fuss or big deal anymore. Buying online or anything is not something I hide, so yeah, no big deal either.

On the other hand... OH MY GOD, DIAPERS! They're always a big deal in a positive way!!

Yeah diapers are nothing but positive to me, especially since I was really into self harm before I got more serious into my ABDL side and especially diapers (as I'm not much into bottle, stuffies, etc) and at times I really felt like I wanted to die and ever since being comfortable with my ABDL Side I feel so much less stressed out and just deal with my stresses so much better.

BabyTyrant said:
Yeah diapers are nothing but positive to me, especially since I was really into self harm before I got more serious into my ABDL side and especially diapers (as I'm not much into bottle, stuffies, etc) and at times I really felt like I wanted to die and ever since being comfortable with my ABDL Side I feel so much less stressed out and just deal with my stresses so much better.

Yeah bud, I’m the same. Being bipolar schizzoaffective, I was into self harm and depression too. But being ABDL and comfortable with diapers was a huge huge relief for me. My family and friends understand that. So yeah, diapers and baby stuff are definitely a postive for me!

I have been buying diapers and AB things for quite a few years now so it is no longer 'a big deal' to me when I get these items.

However, I do get a little hyper when I get a chance to actually try a new diaper or item that I have gotten.

kik91 said:
Yeah bud, I’m the same. Being bipolar schizzoaffective, I was into self harm and depression too. But being ABDL and comfortable with diapers was a huge huge relief for me. My family and friends understand that. So yeah, diapers and baby stuff are definitely a postive for me!

I mean literally when I was working those 70 hour weeks with 2 hours of sleep a night (if even) I felt like walking into traffic to kill myself, that's how stressed out my job makes me at times, its like they want to pay bare minimum but want me to work like I'm making $25 an hour.

Buying in public is no longer an issue for me. Although if I am buying in public I refrain from the purchase of baby diapers as they don't appeal to me as much as I wish they could (make adult sizes some day plz) but when I buy adult diapers I put on the face of "why am I here I wish I wasn't here get this over with yesterday plz" which to a cashier would signal I'm doing it for someone else and don't really care for the purchase. I don't think I'll ever be able to buy in public without some kind of guise.

Online I buy from Amazon, people don't go through packages that don't have their name on it in my house, so it isn't a concern to me. But I still have my purchase-related binges and purges relating to my shopping care. While the purchase of a product in the end is always on the fly, I usually go through a process of asking myself if it is really necessary to buy them as I could always go down to the thrift shop and see if they have any cheap product. Not a fan of buying thick diapers unless they have designs, so the blank ones I buy are usually thin and discreet.

Ultimately, diapers aren't a big deal for me anymore. They are like a minor part of life, a little luxury. Which, for all intents in purposes is good. It used to take an hour to fall asleep wearing a diaper as I was like "omg I'm doing it". Now I'll wear a diaper for hours on end and have to remind myself I'm wearing when I'm sitting down because my body adjusts to the feeling and it's like it's not there. I can sleep comfortably regardless of the state of my diaper, which is something I wish younger-me could have done.

TLDR; public isn't an issue, online isn't an issue, it's not a big deal and has become a home-time norm.

Based upon the fact that I could barely afford more than the small packs from the store up into this year[2012-2018], it is. More in a positive, "I can actually afford this now" thing going on. And just being able to snuggle up in bed while wearing one brings the ultimate comfort as well as better sleep for me. An the fact that there's a discreet option when you buy them online is wonderful. I live in a very small town.

I have no funds for diapers, so if I got some for the first time... It'd be a big deal. But I've learned to love without obviously.

I guess the day to day wearing isn't as big a deal as it once was when diapers were new to me. Scarcity works wonders, though. I still find buying to be pretty significant. Although there are a ton of ABDL diapers out there, there aren't that many that are really high on my list. It seems like every time I find a diaper I really like, it changes or becomes scarce, so getting a new order of something I like is still a big deal. It's not nerve-wracking to buy in stores anymore but they don't have much that I want, so that particular aspect isn't a big deal but I don't miss that part much.

My guess is the fact that we wear them, for the most part hide them and are on a website discussing or trying to understand why we do the aforementioned, means it is still a big deal. The remainder of my life would not be considered age inappropriate, I don't have to hide it, and I am not discussing it on any web sites. So yup for me, it is a big deal.

littlemoosey said:
My guess is the fact that we wear them, for the most part hide them and are on a website discussing or trying to understand why we do the aforementioned, means it is still a big deal. The remainder of my life would not be considered age inappropriate, I don't have to hide it, and I am not discussing it on any web sites. So yup for me, it is a big deal.

We also all want acceptance, something that can be hard to get from the general public

Everyone has a different level of acceptance for different things, for example these days many people are accepting of those in the LGBTQ community, but many of those same people probably never heard of ABDL, or they dont know very much and theres a lot of hatred (for example Cringe videos on youtube, basically "look at this, how nasty/disgusting"..) being spread by people that dislike it, never mind most of us dont literally rub it in peoples faces.

Yes and no. Like, I've always needed diapers so wearing isn't really a big deal to me per se, it's just what I've always worn. It was only a big deal when other people made it a big deal. But, having embraced ABDL/Little culture and wearing a lot more AB diapers to near exclusivity, I've kind of made them a big deal for me again. It's actually kind of empowering for someone in my situation, it's like I've taken something about myself that society made taboo, and taken on a new taboo for it that I've chosen for myself.

Not such a big deal to me. Probably only a slightly bigger deal with my wife. We've mostly learned to cope. Life can be very short, so LIVE IT! We're lucky we've made it as far as we have, but we're losing friends & family in droves. Appreciate every day, and try not to make such a big ado about nothing. It's an underwear choice, and maybe a stress release mechanism. Embrace it! Others have chocolate, cooking, needlework, family, etc. And, as for the sexual connotations, we all need it! Whatever floats your boat!

For me it’s still a big deal everyday I put on my diaper for I know society will never accept a healthy looking adult wearing a diaper even covered with pants. I no longer fear being outed when out among the general population or while at work as I look at it like this , just be thankful your not the one who’s wearing a diaper and wet and messes it.

I've been diapered and changed on an infrequent basis (largely weekends) since 1985. I guess the babysitting interludes have become less important to me, since the relaxation they offer is so fleeting, but I do try to wear whenever I can ... which is 7 days a week some weeks and an hour or two other weeks. I wear under clothes when I go out to lunch or run errands, and while I think about the fact that I'm diapered, it no longer generates any excitement for me. As Lonnie notes above, society won't accept us and I've stopped concerning myself with what other people think.

I've become reluctant to spend money on new products ... I've found things I like and I keep buying them. Diapers are still hugely important; I think about them within minutes of waking up in the morning and they are frequently on my mind when I fall asleep at night. As hard as it is to imagine myself elderly and still enjoying diapers, that's clearly the direction I'm heading!

Diapers have somewhat lost their thrill for me after I was in an accident in March 2017 and lost a large portion of my bladder control. People became aware that I have diapers and such. I also looked more disabled, so it's something people seem to expect more. I always walk with a cane now, and walker for longer distances, have a handicap parking placard now, etc. I guess the thrill of it did play a part of my interest. I still like diapers, but there's times they're more hassle than anything now.

At least I was able to regain a significant portion of my bladder control. Now I still lack feeling, but as long as I go regularly it's alright. Once I actually start to feel it, I have about 2 min or my bladder decides it's doing what it wants. So trips and nights are still complicated.

My mom also has ALS now, and uses diapers due to lack of any mobility. So diapers have simply become a regular part of life, which I'm not exactly fond of.

Trevor said:
I guess the day to day wearing isn't as big a deal as it once was when diapers were new to me. Scarcity works wonders, though. I still find buying to be pretty significant. Although there are a ton of ABDL diapers out there, there aren't that many that are really high on my list. It seems like every time I find a diaper I really like, it changes or becomes scarce, so getting a new order of something I like is still a big deal. It's not nerve-wracking to buy in stores anymore but they don't have much that I want, so that particular aspect isn't a big deal but I don't miss that part much.

Yeah, I remember being far more embarrassed and feeling awkward than you when we were buying a pack of MoliCare diapers in store about 6 years ago when I was visiting you. Especially when they asked you if you wanted a bag and you said no thanks. Then I had to risk being seen with this guy that had the audacity to carry a bag of adult diapers out in the open in public. :worshippy:

Kale said:
Diapers have somewhat lost their thrill for me after I was in an accident in March 2017 and lost a large portion of my bladder control. People became aware that I have diapers and such. I also looked more disabled, so it's something people seem to expect more. I always walk with a cane now, and walker for longer distances, have a handicap parking placard now, etc. I guess the thrill of it did play a part of my interest. I still like diapers, but there's times they're more hassle than anything now.

At least I was able to regain a significant portion of my bladder control. Now I still lack feeling, but as long as I go regularly it's alright. Once I actually start to feel it, I have about 2 min or my bladder decides it's doing what it wants. So trips and nights are still complicated.

My mom also has ALS now, and uses diapers due to lack of any mobility. So diapers have simply become a regular part of life, which I'm not exactly fond of.

Yeah, I remember being far more embarrassed and feeling awkward than you when we were buying a pack of MoliCare diapers in store about 6 years ago when I was visiting you. Especially when they asked you if you wanted a bag and you said no thanks. Then I had to risk being seen with this guy that had the audacity to carry a bag of adult diapers out in the open in public. :worshippy:

Hah! I guess I could have been more sensitive. I figured that I was the only one who had cause to be embarrassed and I wasn't. Maybe if I were taking the bus home, but a walk to the car wasn't any big deal to me.

Trevor said:
Hah! I guess I could have been more sensitive. I figured that I was the only one who had cause to be embarrassed and I wasn't. Maybe if I were taking the bus home, but a walk to the car wasn't any big deal to me.

Yeah, your post reminded me of that and it cracked me up. Here I was 1000 miles away from home and in a foreign country and I was far more concerned about it than this guy that was a few miles from home and even bringing it back to his place. I think that's a large part of why I found it so humorous now. It never bothered me after the fact, just in moment. Good times though.

Yesss... In one way it can get to be "old hat" and "who gives a $hit who knows".
But on the other hand... No. It's always fun to find a case of disposables, or a couple pairs of plastic panties, in the delivery locker when I gat home.
And just so you know this is from someone that's worn, on and off for 50 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back