Home made diaper suggestions *urgent*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camlund

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hi all, I’m very new to this site. I’m a wetter and don’t exactly identify as an abdl (although I’ve always wanted to try a diaper but I want to make a point of saying I know the abdl community is about much more than that). I’m reaching out to this community hoping you all can help me out. I’m going to be attending a concert festival next weekend and am wondering if I could get some homemade diaper ideas? I am awkward about bathrooms and it will be hard to get in and out of the venue and I know I’ll have an accident if I don’t have protection. Although I’m a wetter, I really don’t like the idea of being caught having a genuine pee accident that is out of my control. I’m far too embarrassed to buy adult diapers so I’m hoping I can get some ideas as to making a decent home made one? Even if it is good enough to only leak slowly just as long as it wouldn’t show a full out accident. I can wear dark shorts so a wet patch isn’t an issue, just as long as there aren’t any big streams. I’m writing this honestly in a non-fetish sense. As much of a thrill as it seems in my head, I really can’t handle wetting myself in a public crowd like that so any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated. Again, although I’m not really a part of the abdl community, I have total love and support to it and really do not want to come across as offensive with this question. I just feel I’m apart of a neibouring community and this seemed like the best place to get some good advice. So please can you help me out? I’m desperate for a solution as the festival is only a week away. (Sorry if I’m using the forum improperly, again I’m very new here)

If you really think you'll need protection you'll have to overcome your embarrassment about buying adult diapers. People buy them all the time, and nobody need know they're for you. I could suggest you use a cloth diaper or make some trainer pants from towelling material, but then you'd need plastic pants over them, which I suppose you would also find embarrassing to buy. Above all, the problem with home made diapers would be odour control if you can't change them fairly soon after an accident!

Iggie said:
If you really think you'll need protection you'll have to overcome your embarrassment about buying adult diapers. People buy them all the time, and nobody need know they're for you. I could suggest you use a cloth diaper or make some trainer pants from towelling material, but then you'd need plastic pants over them, which I suppose you would also find embarrassing to buy. Above all, the problem with home made diapers would be odour control if you can't change them fairly soon after an accident!

I appreciate the quick response. I’m always well hydrated so odour is never an issue. I’m also fine with getting plastic pants, I just don’t think I could get the courage to buy diapers especially being in a house with 3 other roommates so them catching me having diapers would be awful. As I said even if it isn’t perfect protection and slowly leaks that’s ok. This is just the first time I’ve encountered the problem of needing a diaper so I’m completely new to this.

In that case I can only suggest what I used to do when I went out on a Saturday night and was worried about the night bus ride home after after a few drinks. I lived in a flat-share then.

So if you're not worried about buying plastic pants here's what I used to do. I'd wear a towel held in place by a pair of briefs (maybe two pairs), with plastic pants over. As towels are oblong, I'd fold them so that the double padded part was at the front. This gave extra padding at the front and did not make your bottom look big at the back. The good thing about this was that nobody was going to notice a towel and a pair of briefs hanging up to dry. The plastic pants could be wiped and put away after a few minutes. I also used this solution when I stayed in hotels or people's houses sometimes, as I was worried about night accidents, especially after drinking. At night I used a bigger towel. If I had to wash the towel the next morning I'd say it fell in the bath or shower and could hang it out without embarrassment.

So to be specific, when you say towel do you mean a tea towel or a legit hand drying towel? Also, how high up the groin do you have the towel covering? As I said I’m fine with a slow leak because a wet patch won’t show but if you’ve ever experienced leakage with your method, is it slow or does it just hit a point where the pee gushes out? I apologize for all of the questions but you have no idea how much I appreciate it. The last outdoor concert I was at I had a genuine unplanned accident and it was one of the worst and most embarrassing experiences in my life so getting help to make sure that doesn’t happen again means a lot, so thanks again!

I was talking about a 'fluffy' towel, the sort you'd see next to a washbasin in most households. Most hand towels folded in the way described will usually come to just about the waistband of a standard pair of briefs (though not the hipster sort) if you pull them up fairly tightly. I suppose it can vary depending on your size and that of the towel, but for me it just seemed somehow obvious how to position them, and I never thought too hard about it. I used to do a bit of readjustment at the back to smooth them over, avoid lumps and ensure the towelling is all inside the plastic pants, but I think these finishing touches come naturally and it's difficult to describe them.

This thread has made me realise how things have changed since good quality disposable nappies have been around. When I was younger I suspect a lot of teens and younger guys (and older ones, I suppose), be they DLs or just wetters, had their own home-made ways of taking 'precautions', and most of them would probably have been broadly similar to the way I've outlined. I stayed with another wetting guy once and his method was almost identical to mine.

Well I can’t thank you enough for your insight. This really makes me a lot more confident in handling my situation. I’m still open to new ideas from anyone else but it seems you have the method nailed down pretty good. Definitely going to do this until I can finally find the courage to buy diapers for myself.

I'd suggest ordering diapers online, and perhaps have them delivered to a place that allows you to pick them up whenever it's convenient for you. Or have them routed to pick up at the post office or ect. I'm not sure what's available in Canada for this. I've been using UPS Stores for years to do this.

I've messed with makeshift diapers when I was younger, they're usually good for nostalgia mostly. They're just not a very reliable method unless you have the right stuff to do it with, or the patience/time. Plus in your case a towel is pretty thick in between the legs. You'd definitely be better off just taking the plunge and getting diapers one way or another. Most sellers ship orders discreetly in plain boxes. Unless your roommates open your package, they really can't tell what's inside. I really don't think they'd go to the length of opening the package because it's wrong. Clear your head, take your time to research a way to get it to a place to pick up, or just have it delivered to your place. It's all in your head.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well it turns out it really was just in my head. You got me thinking and I finally got the courage to go to Walmart and grab a package of their diapers. Many thanks for giving me the courage to buy them and prevent a major accident at the concert. Very much appreciated!

Camlund said:
Well it turns out it really was just in my head. You got me thinking and I finally got the courage to go to Walmart and grab a package of their diapers. Many thanks for giving me the courage to buy them and prevent a major accident at the concert. Very much appreciated!

Be careful! Most diapers from Walmart won't safely hold a "major accident"

Oh? Not even if I double up?

Camlund said:
Oh? Not even if I double up?

Don't expect that double diapers means double the capacity. If you do it well, it will add but it's not going to be a 2x result and it raises the possibility of leaks (although generally not all that much). Better diapers are the best answer. Stuffers, even using baby diapers can also work but these also increase the chance of leaks by a bit. As long as you don't expect much from brick and mortar store diapers, you won't be too disappointed.

Trevor said:
Don't expect that double diapers means double the capacity. If you do it well, it will add but it's not going to be a 2x result and it raises the possibility of leaks (although generally not all that much). Better diapers are the best answer. Stuffers, even using baby diapers can also work but these also increase the chance of leaks by a bit. As long as you don't expect much from brick and mortar store diapers, you won't be too disappointed.

By stuffer do you just mean cutting baby diapers to fit in my shorts?

Camlund said:
By stuffer do you just mean cutting baby diapers to fit in my shorts?

There are stuffer pads you can buy but a baby diaper will also do if you remove the wings and poke some holes or cut short slits in it to allow drainage. You'd put the pad or the diaper in the larger diaper between the standing leak guards.

Oh ok, sorry I’m new to this. After some testing, the equate brand diapers will hold at least my entire bladder without leak so I think with a few improvements there shouldn’t be any problems. The leak guards seem to get a bit wet no matter what I do but I think if I seal that off a bit and release in even shorter spurts that I can wet twice before having leaks which has been quite impressive to me as how much it can hold. I may just use one Walmart diaper along with your stuffer tip which should be able to hold far more than enough than I can make leak. Thanks for your advice!

Camlund said:
Oh ok, sorry I’m new to this. After some testing, the equate brand diapers will hold at least my entire bladder without leak so I think with a few improvements there shouldn’t be any problems. The leak guards seem to get a bit wet no matter what I do but I think if I seal that off a bit and release in even shorter spurts that I can wet twice before having leaks which has been quite impressive to me as how much it can hold. I may just use one Walmart diaper along with your stuffer tip which should be able to hold far more than enough than I can make leak. Thanks for your advice!

After even more testing, the dipser will hold a major accident and even another whole bladder when slight leaking starts but as I said I don’t mind a bit of leaking and a wet patch so I must say the equated brand diapers are really worth their value for a wetter!

Your best option for a good diaper is going to be something like Abena or confidry 24/7, these are the diapers that most of us with experience wearing out in public would trust for an event such as the one that you’re attending. They are thick enough to hold multiple weddings over the course of a few hours and this is exactly what you need. These diapers are obtainable online they are at a bit of a higher cost than most of what you will see in any brick and mortar store but they are well worth the price. The other thing is that it sounds like you’re not used to wearing and using your diapers in public so this is another thing that you will have to overcome, and get used to especially when wearing thick or diapers like the ones I mentioned but they are definitely worth investing in. I myself have attended quite a few concerts this summer and these are my go to diapers on a daily basis and they definitely are put to the most use during longer events.

worn both cloth and disp to concerts. I would just bite the bullet and order some disp. Betterdry's Abena, northshorecare and plastic pants. I find cloth if not regularly changed will give you very bad diaper rash. This way you could go 4-8 hours without a change and if you do leak a little the plastic pants will hold it in.

I have worn a disposable before with regular underwear over that and plastic underpants over that while snow skiing. I can go 4 hours and heavy wetting (I drink a lot of water while skiing), change at lunch in the bathroom and hit the slopes with my second disposable that afternoon. At worst my regular underwear has become a bit wet around the legs but the plastic underpants hold that in easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back