Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficialPastelPoppet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
Whats everyones fave dummy/paci brand?
I love MAM because their 6-18 and 18+ teets are quite big and I like the way the shield feels on my face (it's got a nice curve so it fits nicely to the face):D
I also like Tommee Tippee. NUK ones look great but I have never tried as they don't sell them here in the UK

I also really like mam, but for their baby sizes I only like the mam perfect range. It fits better and doesn't press on my teeth as much as the regular ones. I also like the fact that mam shields are easy to modify with an adult sized teat, so most of my adult sized pacis actually have a mam shield by now.

Nuk pacis have a nice shape, but they're just way too small. I have some to chew on because they are quite sturdy, but otherwise they're kinda useless. The shields look nice in their packaging, but I don't like the way they look or feel while an adult is sucking on them, they're just so tiny.

The only other brand I tried were nip cherry shaped ones. I kinda like them for a short period of time, but they make my face cramp up relatively quickly. The shield is a bit odd since it curves away from the face.

Schwanensee said:
I also really like mam, but for their baby sizes I only like the mam perfect range. It fits better and doesn't press on my teeth as much as the regular ones. I also like the fact that mam shields are easy to modify with an adult sized teat, so most of my adult sized pacis actually have a mam shield by now.

Nuk pacis have a nice shape, but they're just way too small. I have some to chew on because they are quite sturdy, but otherwise they're kinda useless. The shields look nice in their packaging, but I don't like the way they look or feel while an adult is sucking on them, they're just so tiny.

The only other brand I tried were nip cherry shaped ones. I kinda like them for a short period of time, but they make my face cramp up relatively quickly. The shield is a bit odd since it curves away from the face.

Awesome :) I use the MAM 6-18m or 18+m and they fit fine. I found some Tommee Tippee ones in 36+m (which is rare for the UK due to medical recommendation of children not using one past 18 months), they were AMAZING. I hope to find some more in that size. I have heard about the NUK 5 and want to try and find one online somewhere. Never heard of the brand Nip but I think the cherry shape is cute. A few of my Tommee Tippees are cherry ones

The "Nuk 5" is a medical pacifier, actually called a Nuk Medic Pro L. They're really designed for babies with cleft palettes, but they fit an adult so well. ;)

You can pick them up online for between $12-$20. They only come in white, though. If you want one with a different shield you'll have to get a modified one. :)

As for baby pacis, the first ones I got were a couple of MAM ones. I liked the ones I got because they have 'biter' edges where the paci is also a sort of teether. And I got a whole bunch of Dollar Store pacifiers because they had Paw Patrol on them. *nodnod*

CuddleWoozle said:
The "Nuk 5" is a medical pacifier, actually called a Nuk Medic Pro L. They're really designed for babies with cleft palettes, but they fit an adult so well. ;)

You can pick them up online for between $12-$20. They only come in white, though. If you want one with a different shield you'll have to get a modified one. :)

Nope, the nuk medic pro is actually designed for older kids to adults who have issues in oral developement, like speech or breathing. The large nuk bottle nipple is for cleft palates, so I can see where the confusion can arise ^^" I think they're cheaper in Europe as well, in Germany you can buy one for under 6 Euros.
I have one of them and don't like it as much as my other adult pacis, but it already fits a lot better than the baby ones. My mouth might just be slightly too large for it.

It's interesting that you rarely find ones over 18 months, in Germany most brands have sizes up to 36 months. The most common ones are Nuk, mam and avent, though avent doesn't actually change the nipple size, it just changes the shield, so they're not really suitable for an adult. Nip might actually be a Germany-exclusive brand, I'm not too sure. We don't get tommee tippee ones in stores here, but I have heard of them. They have all these crazy shield shapes, right?

Schwanensee said:
Nope, the nuk medic pro is actually designed for older kids to adults who have issues in oral developement, like speech or breathing. The large nuk bottle nipple is for cleft palates, so I can see where the confusion can arise ^^" I think they're cheaper in Europe as well, in Germany you can buy one for under 6 Euros.
I have one of them and don't like it as much as my other adult pacis, but it already fits a lot better than the baby ones. My mouth might just be slightly too large for it.

It's interesting that you rarely find ones over 18 months, in Germany most brands have sizes up to 36 months. The most common ones are Nuk, mam and avent, though avent doesn't actually change the nipple size, it just changes the shield, so they're not really suitable for an adult. Nip might actually be a Germany-exclusive brand, I'm not too sure. We don't get tommee tippee ones in stores here, but I have heard of them. They have all these crazy shield shapes, right?

Really? I thought it was a thing for kids. Ha. Well, learned something else new today. :3

Tommee Tippee have those oddball 'teardrop' buttons. And their bottle nipples are shaped kinda like a boob nipple. LOL I wait until everyone in my family is looking for bottles for a baby shower and say "GET THEM THE BOOB BOTTLES!" LOL

I've never even seen the 'cherry' pacifiers here in the US. At least not for a long time I haven't. O_O Maybe it's because everyone went to the orthodontic nipples.

I actually used to have one like this: 4936d9a9168590be1a5901c04ab21e52.jpg

It matched up to the playtex nurser bottles my mom used for me. Unfortunately it's long since deteriorated and is gone.

CuddleWoozle said:
Really? I thought it was a thing for kids. Ha. Well, learned something else new today. :3

Tommee Tippee have those oddball 'teardrop' buttons. And their bottle nipples are shaped kinda like a boob nipple. LOL I wait until everyone in my family is looking for bottles for a baby shower and say "GET THEM THE BOOB BOTTLES!" LOL

I've never even seen the 'cherry' pacifiers here in the US. At least not for a long time I haven't. O_O Maybe it's because everyone went to the orthodontic nipples.

I actually used to have one like this: View attachment 31262

It matched up to the playtex nurser bottles my mom used for me. Unfortunately it's long since deteriorated and is gone.

Well, I don't actually know what they're marketed as in the USA, but on the German website it claims they're for adults :)

Nuk has a new-ish range of bottles that's called "closer to nature", those bottle nipples are really boob-shaped as well :D They're much flatter and wider than the normal bottles, it actually looks kinda interesting. They only have really boring designs in stores though, which is sad.

I think the cherry shapes are meant to be better for breastfeeding, because the baby has to actually keep up the suction to keep them in their mouth. There's also ones that don't have a bulb shape at all, like those bear shaped ones by avent, those are said to be even better for that, but they're a bit expensive to buy over here.

I think I had Nuk pacifiers? I have a picture of me with one in that distinct shape, and I vaguely remember finding one with a white shield in a moving carton when I was maybe 5 years old. We have a glass bottle from a random brand in our basement, but my mother breastfed us all. (Though I guess she had formula for emergencies? We store our coffee beans in a big jar by a baby formula brand, which must have come from somewhere.)

Schwanensee said:
Well, I don't actually know what they're marketed as in the USA, but on the German website it claims they're for adults :)

Nuk has a new-ish range of bottles that's called "closer to nature", those bottle nipples are really boob-shaped as well :D They're much flatter and wider than the normal bottles, it actually looks kinda interesting. They only have really boring designs in stores though, which is sad.

I think the cherry shapes are meant to be better for breastfeeding, because the baby has to actually keep up the suction to keep them in their mouth. There's also ones that don't have a bulb shape at all, like those bear shaped ones by avent, those are said to be even better for that, but they're a bit expensive to buy over here.

I think I had Nuk pacifiers? I have a picture of me with one in that distinct shape, and I vaguely remember finding one with a white shield in a moving carton when I was maybe 5 years old. We have a glass bottle from a random brand in our basement, but my mother breastfed us all. (Though I guess she had formula for emergencies? We store our coffee beans in a big jar by a baby formula brand, which must have come from somewhere.)

I didn't have a paci as a baby (I was a very smiley baby who didn't cry much). I remember 2 younger brothers (now 10 and 6) having them when they were babies though, and im pretty sure I have seen my older brother (26) with one in pics. I think my little brothers used Tommee Tippee ones, which were not too different to how they are now. Not sure what ones my older brother had as that was before my time and I wouldn't know the 90's branding, etc.

I like those boob bottles as well as the teet feels big in the mouth so it makes me feel smaller. The narrow nipples are so tiny so they make my mouth feel huge. I don't remember any of the bottles I used. I was breast fed until 6 months and then I guess I must have been bottle fed for a bit. But only until about 12 or 18 months, because once I had stopped having feeds, mum made me use older kids bottles and plastic cups (letting toddlers and older kids use baby bottles is discouraged by doctors and most parents). Anyway, I just prefer the way the big boob ones feel in my mouth, because they are so big and wide. And they don't just come in boring designs, I have some really cute NUK Closer To Natures I got from Amazon, they have little trees and birds on :)

My mum didn't keep any of my baby stuff, like bottles and nappies and stuff. She kept my clothes for memories, but not any of the practical stuff. So sadly I have never found anything interesting in my attic or in the cupboards (basements are not usually a thing in the UK). It would be so cool if I could see some of that stuff, but mum gave it all away :(

OfficialPastelPoppet said:
My mum didn't keep any of my baby stuff, like bottles and nappies and stuff. She kept my clothes for memories, but not any of the practical stuff. So sadly I have never found anything interesting in my attic or in the cupboards (basements are not usually a thing in the UK). It would be so cool if I could see some of that stuff, but mum gave it all away :(

My mom kept my toys, a couple of my outfits and my cloth diapers.

The toys got packed up, the outfits stay in the closet and my cloth diapers went to be cleaning rags. Which they were very very good at.

Fun fact of the day: Old diapers make some of the best things to clean glass with because they don't usually have 'fuzz' that gets transferred to the glass. A lot of film companies use them to clean their expensive camera lenses.

(So, in case anyone was wondering, the toys she kept are my 'Busy Box' that hung in the crib, a couple of Parent's magazine rattles (the ones that are clear with a stripy sleeve in the handle and blue beads), some of my other rattles, 'rubber' ducks (they're plastic), my Fisher-Price 'camera' that shows zoo animal pictures, a wooden pull-along puppy dog and a jingly bell-ball with carousel animals in it)

CuddleWoozle said:
My mom kept my toys, a couple of my outfits and my cloth diapers.

The toys got packed up, the outfits stay in the closet and my cloth diapers went to be cleaning rags. Which they were very very good at.

Fun fact of the day: Old diapers make some of the best things to clean glass with because they don't usually have 'fuzz' that gets transferred to the glass. A lot of film companies use them to clean their expensive camera lenses.

(So, in case anyone was wondering, the toys she kept are my 'Busy Box' that hung in the crib, a couple of Parent's magazine rattles (the ones that are clear with a stripy sleeve in the handle and blue beads), some of my other rattles, 'rubber' ducks (they're plastic), my Fisher-Price 'camera' that shows zoo animal pictures, a wooden pull-along puppy dog and a jingly bell-ball with carousel animals in it)

Awesome :) I remember loving dolls when I was little. I had 2 Baby Annabelles, 1 Baby Born and a Rosie doll (this toddler sized doll you used to be able to get from Argos, there were 2 others called Roxanne and Robby). I also loved books, especially fact books. I had loads of kids fact books, my favourite ones were about the human body and the ocean. I still have a bunch of cuddly toys/plushies from when I was little but apart from that nothing.

I love the tommee tippee 18-36 paci's! I also love the MAM paci's but I find tommee tippee fit better.

I have bottles called "hippos" they are a Spanish brand, they are much bigger than any brand bottles I know from the UK and have really fast flowing nipples, they are similar to suavinex which you can get on Amazon UK, I recommend trying them! :)

I use mostly MAM pacifiers because they are easy to modify. Sometimes NUK or Difrax because of the cute designs (Hello Kitty and glow in the dark sheep) :smile1:

Does anyone know if Tommee Tippee paci's can be modified with an adult teat?

Ooooh, My little Sister had one of those When she was a Newborn.

only adult size pacifiers, like the ones from babypants. I really like the mam shield so I got a custom made and fit it with adult size teats

mamnuk5_4.jpg

unknownp2 said:
only adult size pacifiers, like the ones from babypants. I really like the mam shield so I got a custom made and fit it with adult size teats

mamnuk5_4.jpg

Sweet. The MAM sheilds are really nice

I absolutely love the adult pacifiers from Pacifiers R Us (www.adultpacifier.com) very much! I've ordered a few of them that have Paw Patrol on the tops!
2018-06-26_16.08.26.jpg
2018-06-26_16.00.17.jpg

CrinklyConnor said:
I absolutely love the adult pacifiers from Pacifiers R Us (www.adultpacifier.com) very much! I've ordered a few of them that have Paw Patrol on the tops!

Ive looked at those too but are quite expensive. did you get a discount?

unknownp2 said:
Ive looked at those too but are quite expensive. did you get a discount?

Nope, but I do believe you get what you pay for with these because the plastic and the teats feel very high quality. I know people who’ve had the same ones that have issues with biting into the teat and that issue seems to be less with these pacifiers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or conversely people who bite the teats don't pay that much when they know they'll do it?

XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back