Blisters in diaper area

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotTheAverageMan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Anyone else dealing with watering blisters in their diaper area?
In the summer my skin apparently cannot tolerate plastic backed diapers because I get these water blisters all over, and the scars I get from these blisters burst are not a nice sight.
At first I thought it was an infection I got, and I tried almost everything to no avail. Airing out was the answer. But since I cannot sit naked on an absorbent pad, or diaper due to being married and having a child, I found out clothbacked disposables was a great help. At least I have seen no new blisters since I began using clothbacked diapers only. Tried a few times with plasticbacked diapers, and the blisters re emerged.

Are you using baby powder?

That's never happened to me. Could it be a reaction to a particular kind of diaper under the hot circumstances?

I had a similar thing a few years back @ my continence nurse gave me some spray Called Pro shield - it’s a foam cleaner but also a semi barrier agent so it helps reduce calmness next to the skin - that all can suggest if you can get hold of some from GP / Drs

Sounds almost like you might be having some kind of reaction to the diaper itself, not just the heat.

I had something similar happen and it turned out I was having a reaction to the diaper wipes I was using. Not going into the gory details, but I could barely walk because it hurt so much. Once I changed to a different brand, the sore places started to heal up.

Friction blisters most likely, on already irritated skin due to more heat. I get them occasionally. Use powder or ointment and see if that helps out.

The blisters I get, do not hurt in anyway, they are just plain annoying.
It started last year when I was on summer vacation and it was super hot like it is now in northern part of Europe. I only had plastic backed diapers with me. It seems that lack of air circulation is what causes them.
I dont use baby powder but sudocrem as barrier / rash creme.
What surprises me is, I have been back in diapers for more than five years and only last year did these annoying blisters start to emerge.

I get them with the hot weather.

ST50 said:
I get them with the hot weather.

So what have you found effective to counter them, then ?

NotTheAverageMan said:
So what have you found effective to counter them, then ?

Nothing seems to work. I always use sudocreme but once the weather cools down they slowly disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back