Psyllium husk questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, I got a giant thing of Psyllium husk pills to try out as a daily thing, hopefully it will speed up my metabolism a bit and make for easier weight loss since I usually dont get a lot of fiber or any vegetables in my diet (I usually take good vitamins for all the missing vitamins and minerals though), but the bottle has me genuinely confused.

first off it says 6 pills a day, doesn't that seem a bit much? Also it says It takes effect 12 to 48 or 72 hours later, very vague.

2 per meal isn’t much, make sure you have lots of water too.

I would look into oatbran availability (usually really cheap) that pairs well with low fat natural yoghurt when you start running low on those pills.

2 isn't a bad start, take it slow on the fiber, too much can cause issues

I do not know about speeding up metabolism, but it does help with weight loss because it binds sugar stuff in the intestine and flushes it out in the stool.

I was suppose to take that stuff but was told the tablets are not effective because you need to take more then they suggest, and the powder was like trying to gag down snot.

So day 2 of doing 6 per day (2 per meal), they definitely work for daily use as you would expect, not quite sure yet about benefits of weight loss or faster metabolism (though you would deduce that if things digest faster, your body must be using extra calories and therefore your metabolism is working faster and you should be able to lose weight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back