Pervasiveness of ABDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlotTwist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
On the eve of the Diaper Talk forum of ADISC reaching 1000 pages at 20 threads a page (which is amazing enough!), I had an experience just lately that made me realize just how "not alone" we are.

One of the ABDL social media accounts I follow, with more than 10,000 followers on its own, received an anonymous question if the person had been to a certain local business. They said they hadn't, but the crazy part of it is that the business was owned one of my friends', and as you can imagine, I've been there quite a few times. Not a big place, but rather small. Not in a big city, but a small town. Hits very close to home for certain.

Sure, it's easy to say we're not alone because of the interactions on social media (posts routinely getting thousands of likes), this one forum on ADISC reaching 20,000 threads, and other metrics like this... but when you realize that there are real people around you who are also into the scene, and you don't know how many people you walk by in a day who are diapered - it blows your mind!

Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Seattle has a lot of ABDLs and babyfurs/diaperfurs. It seems to me like more here per capita than anywhere else in the US. I have been randomly spotted due to wearing a diaper by someone I had only met a couple times (it was just a Depends, so he must have an amazing eye for a diaper bum). Point being, I think about this as well. We're not common by any means but we're out there. The crinkle you hear might not be your own.

THE NATIVES ARE RUSTLING.

Randoman: You mean "restless".
Woozle: Nu. Rustling. *crinkles*
Randoman: THIS RUSTLES MY JIMMIES.

I was field checking a job for work a couple weeks back and saw 1/2 case box of little monsters size medium sitting at the landing before the house. It made me smile.

pampers4U said:
I was field checking a job for work a couple weeks back and saw 1/2 case box of little monsters size medium sitting at the landing before the house. It made me smile.

oh that would be awesome...

At my job I eat lunch with a group of similarly aged individuals to myself. I've never displayed any ABDL tendencies outwardly at work and would be scared to do so. However, one of my colleagues who is senior to me and eats there every day too has made a couple comments over the last year or two that made me wonder. One day at lunch we were having a discussion about his high school kids and comic-con and then he shifted the discussion to furries - he seemed to be very familiar with furries. On another day he was teasing me about "letting my inner child out". Outwardly he would be the farthest from anyone I would think of as being an ABDL but it definitely leaves me wondering..

There have been several members on this sight from Lynchburg, VA. It's a small world.

I've had similar stuff with people at work...but with furry stuff. XD I set them straight on a -lot- of stuff. (And scared the poop out of them with various artists. I just look at them and say "Doug Winger" and they go UUUUUUUURRRRGGGGH. I've never told them that he was pretty much trolling the crap out of the furry fandom with the crazy stuff. LOL)

But the people I work with went from thinking it was all about getting dressed up and having sexy times to understanding that's a minority because those suits are stupid expensive and how are you gonna clean that. XD (I told a guy that most of the nicer ones run upwards of $500-1000 and he about lost it. He was like "WHO WOULD SPEND THAT MUCH?" and I said "I dunno, a person that REALLY wants to be a giant husky dog?")

I'm pretty sure ABDL would be the same way if people didn't always have that knee-jerk reaction of changing 'you want to be a baby' into 'you want to bone a baby'. (And I'm not sure why they make that connection. It's two totally different things. :\ ) They'd be talking about it, someone would whip out their pacifier and just start sucking on it like "Wut?"

(And then you get the ones like me that don't like being around kids much at all because they're unpredictable little turds and do mean things and you pop into little space and want to push them over for being butts. Except IRL it's totally a grown up pushing over a six year old and that's not right.)

EDIT:

ALSO. DO. NOT. GOOGLE. DOUG. WINGER. You will be sorry and I am not going to be held responsible for what you will see. There are only two things you need to know: He made crazy weird extreme fetish-y art and he's passed away now.

CuddleWoozle said:
ALSO. DO. NOT. GOOGLE. DOUG. WINGER. You will be sorry and I am not going to be held responsible for what you will see. There are only two things you need to know: He made crazy weird extreme fetish-y art and he's passed away now.

Now you know saying don't only increases one's curiosity, right? :p

Maybe I'm just desensitized but what I saw just looks like stuff you can see on FurAffinity any old day...

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Now you know saying don't only increases one's curiosity, right? :p

Maybe I'm just desensitized but what I saw just looks like stuff you can see on FurAffinity any old day...

Maybe now, but not back in the day. XD It tends to gross out or scare 'normal' people.

"WHY DOES THAT CAT HAVE A-" "It's...it's...it's bigger than the room!"

Those are two lines I heard from people I work with when they ignored my warnings. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back