Goodnites new site for young adults and teens

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefurealfriends2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
https://www.goodnites.com/en-us/bedwetting/older-children/help-for-teens-with-nocturnal-enuresis

Wetting the bed can be embarrassing at any age. But what if you are a young adult hiding it from your friends?

Teenagers who wet the bed at night, experiencing a condition known as nocturnal enuresis, may feel even more embarrassed than younger children about not staying dry at night. After all, wetting the bed is something kids should stop worrying about before their teen years, right? Not necessarily.

For Parents: What Can I Do To Manage Teenage Bedwetting?
Chances are good that a teen with nocturnal enuresis won't suffer this condition forever. "Most teenagers do naturally 'grow out' of bedwetting (also known as nighttime wetting), with only a very small percentage who continue to have problems in later life," says Molly Haig of the Enuresis Resource and Information Centre (ERIC). But meanwhile, your child's self-esteem is at stake; the longer he has to deal with the embarrassment of nighttime wetting, the more likely he'll start to feel badly about himself. So contact a physician as soon as your teen approaches you with his problem.

Then, suggests Denise Witmer, a parenting expert at About.com, you can move ahead as a team. Be supportive. "Don't make a big deal out of a wet bed," says Witmer. "Show your [teen] how to strip the sheets and do a load of wash."

Also, Witmer advises parents to keep the problem to themselves. "Sharing this problem with other family members or friends will only serve to embarrass your [teen]," she says.

For Teenagers: How Can I Get Help?
If you are a teen who wets the bed, first be sure you're talking to someone about it. It may be difficult to reveal, but you're not the only person your age to experience nocturnal enuresis. In fact, according to the National Kidney Foundation, 1-2% of 15-year-olds wet the bed.

Try asking your parents for help first; many children who wet the bed have parents who had the same problem as children, so your mom or dad may have even gone through the same thing when they were your age. Even if they don't have a history of nighttime wetting, a parent or another trusted adult will be more concerned about helping you than making you feel self-conscious.

Keeping it to yourself prevents you from getting medical attention if necessary (something as simple as a urinary tract infection could be to blame). Plus, if a doctor can't find a physical reason for your condition, he can give you advice about how to work through nighttime wetting.

It may be difficult to reveal, but you're not the only person your age to experience nighttime wetting.

What About Social Situations?
Nighttime wetting teens have concerns greater than wondering which classmates will be at the football game. They may be too preoccupied with how to hide their wetting problem to enjoy social situations. While there are ways to keep nighttime wetting a secret, advisors at ERIC suggest that "it is sometimes better to trust a few close friends and tell them about your problem. Once you've said it, hurdles like staying away overnight just disappear."

If you're comfortable doing so, give your friends the facts and statistics; they may not know how common nighttime wetting can be in older children. When you're comfortable talking about bedwetting, you won't have to feel isolated from your friends.

If you don't feel you can share your "secret" with your friends, or you're afraid your friends will be uncomfortable with your condition, talk to your doctor and parents about strategies to help prevent nighttime wetting. Try to avoid drinking caffeinated beverages before bed, and don't forget to urinate several times before hitting the sack.

Another option that can save you the embarrassment of wet sheets is to use disposable absorbent underpants such as GoodNites® NightTime Underwear or GoodNites* TRU-FIT* Underwear. You can put them on while you're changing into your pajamas, and no one will be the wiser. If you wear a larger size, consider trying Depend® Underwear, specifically designed to help you rest easy.

How Can I Find Support?
Next, go online to find local or online support groups where you can exchange ideas with other older children dealing with nighttime wetting.

Or click here to receive support, learn techniques and read advice on how to address and manage nighttime wetting. iParenting.com also offers a variety of articles and discussion boards related to bedwetting. Getting advice from real families experiencing nocturnal enuresis can help your own family get through this time.

It's not really a 'new website', it's two articles on their existing one.

They've got no new products and still tell parents asking for larger sizes to switch to Depends.

Which is sad, because GoodNites really used to focus on older kids and teens. Somebody came in and put the focus on younger kids. :(

Fingers still crossed that one day soon they finally release a size up because it really is a great product. I still wear goodnites from time to time, but they’re just a smidge small to be my go to diaper. :/

ThatHiddenDL said:
Fingers still crossed that one day soon they finally release a size up because it really is a great product. I still wear goodnites from time to time, but they’re just a smidge small to be my go to diaper. :/

I agree. Goodnites needs to concentrate on older kids and teens too. Goodnites is the only good product in stores ideal for them. Not Depends.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I'd had a problem when I was younger, I would have been utterly MORTIFIED to wear Depend because they're for "Old People".

When I was younger that's what people would say to torment someone else. "Do you need some Depends!?" At least in my area anyway. And you didn't even have to have an issue with that, if you sat down on something outside that was wet and got up someone would almost always say something like that. (or worse, do you need some Pampers...but the Depends were the go-to insult because it didn't just mean you'd pissed your pants, it meant you were an old fogie who had pissed their pants.)

Goodnites are among the largest product with full designs on them in mass production outside of the ABDL market, and the few printed ABDL pullups that exists are far behind the design quality of Goodnites.

Further, with the amount of people that still suffer from bedwetting far beyond the size limits of Goodnites products, they are missing a major market by not having a larger product that is marketed toward betwetters. The Depends products are not only lackluster in general but not marketed towards these people at all which leaves the market either without a reliable product or one that misses the mark.

As far as I am concerned, Goodnites needs a thicker XXL product. But I think we can be inclined to say that for the same reason that adult diapers have two tabs, the product may benefit from having a tabbed system rather than the pullup style that has been the norm up to now.

But the makers of Goodnites are the same people who make Depends. They've apparently 'done studies' and come to the conclusion that if they made bigger Goodnites it would cut into their sales of Depend products.

And that was honestly what I saw a rep from their company post to a person asking if they would make them larger because that's what she needed for her kid. "Buy small Depends." I honestly think that if the "really good diapers" could be put out into mainstream stores, Depend would get wiped out after a while unless they completely revamped the product. Because for people who lose more than just a dribble they're completely unreliable. (And by "really good diapers" I mean the high capacity ABDL brands like ABU, Tykables, etc.)

(And the way they market them, they're supposed to be capable of handling a full accident, but they most certainly don't for me. LOL)

-edit-

And I'm not sure how having sales cut into would be an issue anyhow...the money is all going back to the same company. O_O

CuddleWoozle said:
And I'm not sure how having sales cut into would be an issue anyhow...the money is all going back to the same company. O_O

You have to consider margins. If you have products that partly overlap in the market, you want to sell as much of your highest-margin products as possible. There will come a point where the overall revenue stops dropping due to lack of variety or choice of price-point, but they try to inch up as close to that as possible.

Depend may be either a high-margin product already , or they're just trying to grow that market aggressively. (or a combination of both) We've seen the recent ads for depends.

For those that don't know, a "margin" is the percentage of a sale that is left over as profit after the costs of production, sales, and overhead are subtracted. It's not a dollar amount, it's a percentage. For example, for every $1 they spend on Depends, they may take in $1.15. That makes the margin on depends 15%. So for every $100 they invest in Depends, they will recoup their investment plus make $15. You can compare this number directly to other products you sell, regardless of how different the product price, costs, or volume of sales is. If the margin on goodnights is 10%, you don't want to convert all your customers from depends to goodnights because it will cost you money in the end. There's some math involved in figuring out how much money you'll lose, but you are guaranteed to lose some money.

The industry refers to it as "cannibalizing your product line" when your aggressive marketing of a lower margin product leads to a corresponding drop in sales on one (or more) of your higher margin products.

CuddleWoozle said:
But the makers of Goodnites are the same people who make Depends. They've apparently 'done studies' and come to the conclusion that if they made bigger Goodnites it would cut into their sales of Depend products.

Which looks even more ridiculous when you realize how much overlap there is between Goodnites and Pull-Ups.

Vic92 said:
Which looks even more ridiculous when you realize how much overlap there is between Goodnites and Pull-Ups.

But goodnights might have a higher margin. and that what bambinod was saying, notice while pullups can fit children up to 5 to 7, they push goodnights for 4 or older, that might say goodnights have a higher margin.

wow, i posted this morning , came back from work and saw all the posts.
well the only reason i posted was because i saw the bottom that said if your teen is to big for goodnites try depends.....
but what is more humiliating, if your getting depends at 16 thats way more humiliating than goodnites. You could say they for your brother.
Maybe thats why teens are more likely to get goodnites ( oh it's just for my little)brother/sister.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back