What Was The Last Diaper You Wore Before Potty Training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karit

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Was it a disposable or cloth?
What was the brand, if you can remember?
Did you ever try to wear them again after potty training?

As for myself, I've been a DL all my life.
I can remember wearing Pampers into the early '70's.
My last diaper was a Toddler size Pampers that just came out.
Before then, disposables required pins just like cloth diapers.
They didn't have tape on tabs until around 1972.
Some time later, I discovered them stored away in a closet.
I got caught by my Mother playing with them, so she got rid of them. :sad:

sIzOja1.jpg

5vuhSAk.jpg

This is what I remember them looking like.

Reactions: Deleted member 51889
In 1962, I was in cloth and Sears Best plastic pants.

1940's training pants

In the late 1940's I had to be cloth. And the waterproof pants were most likely rubber or a heavy vinyl (as plastic was just starting) I have no direct memory as I was trained by 2.
s-l500 (1).jpg

Pretty sure it was Pampers Stretch for boys (1993), because I was potty trained by the age of 4. I remember the opened pack lying around in my bedroom closet and me secretly trying them out a few times :) I recall really wanting to ask my mom to put one of those diapers on me, but was too embarrased.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/7y0AAOSw4A5YvCZk/s-l400.jpg

That Pampers box made me think of one of their old commercials from the late 70's or early 80's. "When you're out with the boys, you need dryness to spare, you need Pampers." Oh how I would love to find that commercial.

The first part of the quote is not quite right, but hopefully you get the idea.

dprlover90 said:
Pretty sure it was Pampers Stretch for boys (1993), because I was potty trained by the age of 4. I remember the opened pack lying around in my bedroom closet and me secretly trying them out a few times :) I recall really wanting to ask my mom to put one of those diapers on me, but was too embarrased.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/7y0AAOSw4A5YvCZk/s-l400.jpg

Oh nice shot of that diaper too, the front panel DOES look like the Rearz Vintage Replica! I've looked online a little bit for it to confirm it was the actual pattern used on Pampers in the past, and this is the fist actual confirmation. Anyone have a better shot of that front panel?

vintage replica: https://www.adisc.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27678&d=1477276638

How is anyone supposed to remember this? Unless they were a late trainer. I was potty trained before 2 so I have no idea. I was in disposables though as I have seen baby pics

OfficialPastelPoppet said:
How is anyone supposed to remember this? Unless they were a late trainer. I was potty trained before 2 so I have no idea. I was in disposables though as I have seen baby pics

Listen to your parents?

I recall my mother dropping a fun factoid while talking with a friend of hers that was over to visit. I found out I wore pampers but was mildly allergic to them. (I had allergy problem when I was young) She kept me in them despite a very minor rash because they "worked better." (leaked less, I assume)

bambinod said:
Listen to your parents?

I recall my mother dropping a fun factoid while talking with a friend of hers that was over to visit. I found out I wore pampers but was mildly allergic to them. (I had allergy problem when I was young) She kept me in them despite a very minor rash because they "worked better." (leaked less, I assume)

They have probably forgotten though. Diapers are important to us, but not to most people. Do you remember what brand of shampoo you used 16 years ago?

OfficialPastelPoppet said:

I did not first remember what diapers I used before being potty trained, only recalled them being pampers due to the pack design. At later age I googled pampers from that year and when I saw image of pampers stretch for boys, it instantly clicked in my brain "Thats's the one!". Also some diapers and memories of them must be strong factors of me becoming a DL, like this one time that I got diapered in daycare after being potty trained at age of 4 or 5.

MailCat581 said:
The last diaper I wore before I potty trained was Attends Youth. I didn't potty train until I was 13 because of autism. So much for being potty trained for 3 years because I still wore a diaper to bed for bedwetting and I returned to them full time after I was viciously attacked and sexually assaulted. Funny I still remember what shampoo I used 16 years ago because my caregiver then used all baby products on me. She used Johnson's baby shampoo, bubble bath, baby oil, and baby powder. As far as a diaper; she would put me in white diapers that she would decorate with Sesame Street and Barney stickers.

Interesting. I actually also have Autism, although I have a different kind. I have Aspergers. I was potty trained at the normal age as Aspergers doesn't affect development, it only really affect social skills and understanding. I wasn't developmentally delayed. It's ok though, delay is perfectly normal with classic Autism, so don't worry :) Wow, its cool that your carer used all baby products on you, I actually use baby products to wash with now as I have sensitive skin :) She was so nice to decorate your diapers with stickers, thats so cool :)

bambinod said:
Oh nice shot of that diaper too, the front panel DOES look like the Rearz Vintage Replica! I've looked online a little bit for it to confirm it was the actual pattern used on Pampers in the past, and this is the fist actual confirmation. Anyone have a better shot of that front panel?

vintage replica: https://www.adisc.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27678&d=1477276638

I found this by searching for Rearz Vintage Baby Dry Replica.
Not sure if they make them any more.
The closest match I know of is ABU SDK's.

25HX8XK.jpg

I don't remember what I wore either, since I was potty trained before I turned 3, but we have a lot of old pampers boxes that we now use to store stuff, so I'm pretty sure that's what I wore. I didn't want to wear them after, but then again, I don't really identify as a diaper lover. I know I didn't wear cloth, and pampers was the brand back then, so it makes sense. My parents must have used another brand as well though, because my oldest brother was still in diapers at night when he was 6, and pampers doesn't make diapers that big.

I wore Barney the Dinosaur Luvs until I finished potty training before age 6. I'm autistic (only aspergers) so I had a slow understanding of many things.

My last diaper would have been Pampers. My mother holds them in a high regard after they had saved my life.

Short story - I was leaning on a bus door from the inside when one of my brothers opened it from the outside. My mom grabbed the back of the diaper last section and stopped the tumble to the ground.

I didn't go through potty training directly, but took the indirect pointers from my older brother during his training and decided myself to stop wearing around 18 months.

The last one I wore before I was potty trained was Pampers. I was trained at an early age 18 months so I don’t remember. Just from photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back