Shipping Times and Costs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
I was considering ordering either some abu or rearz, but I'm worried about shipping. How long does it take to receive packages from either company? And how much does shipping generally cost? With abu shipping can be checked in the cart, but rearz seems to want everything before they'll tell you the shipping cost. What is the best option for buying either of these brands?

With ABUniverse shipping seems to be around 10% of your order cost, which doesn't seem too bad to me; as for shipping time, that will vary due to which warehouse is closest to you and if they have what you want in stock, I can order Wednesday night or Thursday morning and get a shipment from ABUniverrse Baltimore Warehouse to my house within 3 days consistently.

Rearz is pretty fast for being in CA when I'm in USA. I ordered two cases on Monday and picked them up at the UPS Depot this afternoon. Shipping is discrete, I couldn't tell which case was which till I opened them.

They now offer several shipping methods, though only two of them (canada post iirc) are shown by default. There's a link right above them to show more shipping options. I go with the least expensive, which is UPS Standard. Two cases cost $56 to ship. For reference, the two cases cost $200 total, so shipping added 25% to the bill. It's cheaper of course if it doesn't have to cross a border, like when I order from ABU.

Does anybody know what North Shore charges for shipping? Do they have any free shipping based on quantity??

sotexasDL said:
Does anybody know what North Shore charges for shipping? Do they have any free shipping based on quantity??

I don't think they have free shipping for anything. I expect that the cost varies by distance as well as by mass. For me, in Seattle, ordering a diaper case, three bags of boosters, and one additional bag of a different diaper was $14.95 at their cheapest shipping option, which didn't seem too bad.

To the OP: I'm sorry, I've never ordered from Rearz, so I can't say. I almost always go to pick up at the warehouse from ABU. The one time I did order, it was packed and delivered quickly (just a couple days) but it obviously didn't have far to go.

Last edited:
It only looks like free shipping is included with a 'free shipping coupon' only on certain items. Am I missing something??

I mean, the shipping time here (Europe), I was told when asking ABU, would be maybe three or four days I think... Or maybe that's what I figured myself, either way, after they opened up a warehouse in Europe, the time to get their stuff has shortened significantly.
I can't say I've wanted to order from them though, since the shipping cost is, for me, at a flat rate of €33 no matter what I want to order. I can't add Things to my basket anyway, always says the products are out of stock, even though they show as in stock further Down the page.
Can't say I've tried Rearz, and would probably order from SaveExpress rather than Rearz themselves if I ever were to try them. Getting a handful of packs later today from SE, shipping cost there was about €8 and it's only taken four days since I ordered them, so that's not too bad I would say.

sotexasDL said:
It only looks like free shipping is included with a 'free shipping coupon' only on certain items. Am I missing something??

We also have free shipping for orders over $50 shipped to Illinois, Indiana & Wisconsin.

i dont know how long shipping takes, but most companies, ad/bl or not, are based on weight, so if you buy a lot, it will most likely cost a lot and vise versa.

I (re?)discovered this week that shipping distance is also very important. It cost me twice as much to ship a half a case of diapers to the west coast as it did to ship a full case one state to the north. (from Iowa)

I live in NW NJ (East Coast) When I order from abu and they ship from Baltimore I will receive the shipment within 2 days (sometimes next day if ordered early in the day) Same company but they pull stock from Washington State will take exactly 6 days on average.
When I order from bambino which is located in California they will also take 6-7 days to arrive.
Northshore from Illinois takes around 3-4 days
I once ordered from Rearz - Canada and it took 5 days
I once ordered from Cuddlz in Europe and surprisingly it only took 12 days to get here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back